• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What are your hopes for the AC Direct and upcoming updates?

I would LOVE this. I am so burned out on every single acnh hourly music track except 5 AM. I find most of the sound effects relaxing though and would love the option to just have those on.

Rather than a simple On/Off, a volume-level slider would be great. The music feels too loud at times, and if I could turn it down 50% without affecting the sound effects, that would be amazing. I know the game has the ability to do this, because walking on the beach, climbing to the 3rd level, and sneaking with a net will lower the volume.

You know its kinda small, minor ad silly but i would love to have more weeds variety like when you could find a 4 leaf clover in NL or the white flower weed that when picked you could blow at it ( press A ) and the petals so to say would fly off, i would always once a day make a wish while i was blowing on the the flower weeds, but regardless to have different types of weed would be more realistic and make our islands when used weeds to decorate more natural looking.

Also,while we talking plants, well of course i would like to have dead trees back! Specially for winter time/ hallowenish time it would be wonderful plus great for those thematic islands. Anyways! Haha 🙈 what i wanted to say was, that i would love to have our flowers to be seasonal, like in winter x flowers bloom and during spring they would be dormant while others bloom

just a thought

Rather than a simple On/Off, a volume-level slider would be great. The music feels too loud at times, and if I could turn it down 50% without affecting the sound effects, that would be amazing. I know the game has the ability to do this, because walking on the beach, climbing to the 3rd level, and sneaking with a net will lower the volume.
I would love a slider option for the lights in our house too 😭. I love having low lights, but there’s no option in between the middle lights and off switch. It sucks that when we have the lights off it also turns off lights and chimney on the outside. I NEED MORE OPTIONS THAN THIS.

New villagers that can found on Mystery Islands and new furniture.

Quality of life changes to let someone jump from a Mystery Island to another Mystery Island as well as buying 5x (or 10x) Nook Miles Ticket bundles would also be nice.

Last edited:
I think it has not been mentioned yet and for me its a huuuge thing, i am expecting either now or at some point that we get more types of flooring and wall paper !! I just need more to be able to decorate my homes with more coherence. When i say more flooring & wall paper i mean more colors and structures and texture not the special ones but the normal daily use ones

call me a raging pessimist, but nintendo has been so bad with all this up until now that i cant let myself get my hopes up for anything good. i'm expecting a whole 17 minutes about a new chair, then 2 mins about thanksgiving coming back, and 1 min about brewster.

what im hoping for, however, is better villager dialogue, more veggies, cooking, basic qol updates, a tortimer island like activity, upped redd spawn rates, and god,, too much to even list. i hope they at least give us something, or i might cry.

Do you think we will get K.K. playing one night at the Roost? The songs feel a bit deeper to me there, and the feeling of going to a concert was always beautiful.
I heard someone wanting to have K.K. playing in the roost on rainy days, i think that would be a cute idea

I am guessing we will also get new animations, if not now, then in the next update i guess. Taking into account that its halloween and thar we have tons of wands i would completely not mind if the added like a harry potter or like a Bibidi Babidi bu type of wand animation, i could already visualice 💭 all the cool stories we would be making in this spooky times ✨

i hope that some of the old npc’s come back. i hope that the roost will have a stage like in past games and k.k will make a reappearance at the roost once in a while & shrunk would show up to do his ‘comedy’ sometimes. it’s mostly likely not happening but what i really want is new and old furniture

i hope that some of the old npc’s come back. i hope that the roost will have a stage like in past games and k.k will make a reappearance at the roost once in a while & shrunk would show up to do his ‘comedy’ sometimes. it’s mostly likely not happening but what i really want is new and old furniture
Now i would not mind once a week to have a small cutscene of Shrunk very bad but super hilarious jokes, i would definitely always go to his show, really miss the wierdly looking yet super cheerful and positive guy

Since this is a thread for hopes and not expectations I'm hoping for extra slots for villagers on the island. There are so many villagers I love and I would be so happy if they increased it to 15 or even just 12!

But dont you think we would need a bigger island if we wanted more than the villagers we have ? Just wondering not criticizing

But dont you think we would need a bigger island if we wanted more than the villagers we have ? Just wondering not criticizing

There's no reason it would need to be mandatory, I would like the option for it. If you change your mind in the future Tom Nook should let you demolish any of the extra plots that exceed the 10 mark.

In fact I would even potentially say they could bump it up all the way to 17 villagers; you could "trade" the slots for player characters in for more villagers. I personally would happily trade in every other player spot for villager slots. Not sure where I'd put them all, but I'd have fun trying to make it work.

That’s been my exact thought with people wanting an increase in villager capacity. I mean, more villagers are great and I’m not against people’s hopes for this (I personally wouldn’t add more to my island though), but this seems implausible unless Nintendo releases an island expansion pack (which would probably be a paid DLC, let’s be real, haha).

Although, I think it works if you have very light decor on your island and love having more of a cozy town vibe. There’s also the option to put villagers on the beach if you don’t have room on the mainland. Overall, I doubt they’ll do something this significant anytime soon. I can see this being from a paid DLC like I said before. We’ll have to see in the future. 🤷‍♀️

That’s been my exact thought with people wanting an increase in villager capacity. I mean, more villagers are great and I’m not against people’s hopes for this (I personally wouldn’t add more to my island though), but this seems implausible unless Nintendo releases an island expansion pack (which would probably be a paid DLC, let’s be real, haha).

Although, I think it works if you have very light decor on your island and love having more of a cozy town vibe. There’s also the option to put villagers on the beach if you don’t have room on the mainland. Overall, I doubt they’ll do something this significant anytime soon. I can see this being from a paid DLC like I said before. We’ll have to see in the future. 🤷‍♀️
I will admit that adding villager slots is one of my top wishlist items, but I also know that just game engine wise, it would be one of the more difficult items to include without increasing lag, not just island space. I also wish, but don’t at all expect, they would reduce the 8 player spots by a few to accomodate villagers. Without the developers doing a lot of tinkering under the hood, I don’t see how they could add a ton of graphic-intensive wishlist items like this without a noticeable decrease in game performance. As much as I would love more villagers, I definitely do not want to give up smooth game performance in exchange,

I will admit that adding villager slots is one of my top wishlist items, but I also know that just game engine wise, it would be one of the more difficult items to include without increasing lag, not just island space. I also wish, but don’t at all expect, they would reduce the 8 player spots by a few to accomodate villagers. Without the developers doing a lot of tinkering under the hood, I don’t see how they could add a ton of graphic-intensive wishlist items like this without a noticeable decrease in game performance. As much as I would love more villagers, I definitely do not want to give up smooth game performance in exchange,
I totally get that. Some mentioned wanting better game optimization cus of the lag when we’re really decorating heavily on the island (my island has a couple frame spots where it’ll take a second to load up, but it’s mostly just laggy cus of the amount of decor, trees, and codes I use.) That’s what I personally wish for the most. It’d be hard to incorporate all these larger requests without first fixing this issue. 😔

n fact I would even potentially say they could bump it up all the way to 17 villagers; you could "trade" the slots for player characters in for more villagers. I personally would happily trade in every other player spot for villager slots. Not sure where I'd put them all, but I'd have fun trying to make it work.
I would love to trade all my extra playable character slots for villagers. I have two playable characters have on both my islands and that’s more then enough for me. It would be great to be able to have more villagers. I have plenty of space g to or them.

. I also wish, but don’t at all expect, they would reduce the 8 player spots by a few to accomodate villagers.

What if it was just 18 plots instead of 10 villager plots and 8 playable characters. You could have any combination of them. For my islands I would have two playable characters and 16 villagers. If you already had 4 playable characters you could add 4 more villagers.

I haven't seen the new Direct. Did they mention anything about new/more clothing/accessory options? I'd love to see more options like what we get in Pocket Camp, i.e. jewelry, hairstyles, back accessories, etc.

Back