• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What are your hopes for the AC Direct and upcoming updates?

You know, it might sound silly, but i would loooooove to be able to place items diagonally both, inside my home and out site my home, i think although its a small detail it would give so much personalization and depth to homes and islands.While we are at the decorating topic, how come i cant place things in the ceiling ? If we could do it in the Ds in the previous games how come we cant do it now ? Such a simple thing in my opinion

You know, it might sound silly, but i would loooooove to be able to place items diagonally both, inside my home and out site my home, i think although its a small detail it would give so much personalization and depth to homes and islands.While we are at the decorating topic, how come i cant place things in the ceiling ? If we could do it in the Ds in the previous games how come we cant do it now ? Such a simple thing in my opinion
I would love to be able to place items diagonally especially arches. I like placing arches in front of my bridges but half of them are diagonal so it doesn’t work. It would also be great to use the cliffs for hanging items. I would be wall lamps on my cliffs to light my paths.

YESSSS. I didn’t know anyone else wanted this like me. I have such a weird thing about making sure my furniture isn’t all facing the same direction—I actually space out how things are placed and in what direction they’re placed in, so it’d be nice to have that diagonal option!

And I actually think people have found coding that insinuates we MIGHT get ceiling furniture in the future. You’ll need to verify somewhere, or maybe @Rosch can answer this again. >.<

YESSSS. I didn’t know anyone else wanted this like me. I have such a weird thing about making sure my furniture isn’t all facing the same direction—I actually space out how things are placed and in what direction they’re placed in, so it’d be nice to have that diagonal option!

And I actually think people have found coding that insinuates we MIGHT get ceiling furniture in the future. You’ll need to verify somewhere, or maybe @Rosch can answer this again. >.<
Yes, there was a code relating to ceiling furniture (or at least being able to edit the ceiling), cRoomEditCeiling.

For things we already know about: I'm hoping for gyroids, and café minigame, new DIYs from The Roost, and café furniture to collect for the content surrounding Brewster. For the Series 5 amiibo, besides cards for the new special characters and new villagers, I'd really love the rest of the series to be brand new villagers. There aren't a whole lot of old villagers that haven't returned that I actually like. I'd rather see brand new villagers, personally.

Otherwise, I'd love to see a Nook's Cranny upgrade and the return of the furniture from New Leaf. I'd love to be able to visit a city like in City Folk with some more shops for the NPCs that haven't been in the game yet. I know a lot of people are hoping for Club Tortimer, which would be okay for me, but I never really used it in New Leaf. I'd rather have something brand new instead. It would also be amazing if they would give us a road map of future updates, even if just a rough time line of when they expect to be able to release them. That way there's less speculation and disappointment when people get their hopes up solely from community hype.

For things we already know about: I'm hoping for gyroids, and café minigame, new DIYs from The Roost, and café furniture to collect for the content surrounding Brewster. For the Series 5 amiibo, besides cards for the new special characters and new villagers, I'd really love the rest of the series to be brand new villagers. There aren't a whole lot of old villagers that haven't returned that I actually like. I'd rather see brand new villagers, personally.

Otherwise, I'd love to see a Nook's Cranny upgrade and the return of the furniture from New Leaf. I'd love to be able to visit a city like in City Folk with some more shops for the NPCs that haven't been in the game yet. I know a lot of people are hoping for Club Tortimer, which would be okay for me, but I never really used it in New Leaf. I'd rather have something brand new instead. It would also be amazing if they would give us a road map of future updates, even if just a rough time line of when they expect to be able to release them. That way there's less speculation and disappointment when people get their hopes up solely from community hype.

I agree with @Bulbadragon on both points— new villagers and new experiences. Brewster/gyroids are fantastic and I am glad they seem to be returning (it was a crime they did not get into ACNH until now), but let‘s also get something brand new and not done before.

I hate to be the nay sayer, but it would be in typical Nintendo fashion where they spend their time talk about how The Roost and Brewster works, basically explaining what you need to do in order to unlock him, what items and features it will offer, then lastly they will talk about the Series 5 Amiibo Cards and that would be pretty much it. We've been through this before where everyone comes up with all these speculations and when the reality hits it may not be what everyone wants. I'm just saying I've seen this happened during E3 2021 when everyone was hoping for a 2.0 update and that didn't come true. The moral of the story is don't set your expectations so high and go in with a open mind.

New (old) furniture!!! I want the old furniture sets so bad. There is no reason to not have them included in this game, I really hope they add them back in. I think even just that would be enough to bring me back to the game for a while

This! New Leaf had so many cool items that didn't make it over to New Horizons. I want them so bad.

I hate to be the nay sayer, but it would be in typical Nintendo fashion where they spend their time talk about how The Roost and Brewster works, basically explaining what you need to do in order to unlock him, what items and features it will offer, then lastly they will talk about the Series 5 Amiibo Cards and that would be pretty much it. We've been through this before where everyone comes up with all these speculations and when the reality hits it may not be what everyone wants. I'm just saying I've seen this happened during E3 2021 when everyone was hoping for a 2.0 update and that didn't come true. The moral of the story is don't set your expectations so high and go in with a open mind.

Yes, after last week’s Smash and similar directs (I still remember the ACNL direct that had an odd Harvey skit filler… maybe funny for some, but not my cup of tea 😕) I am keeping my expectations relatively low in hopes it will pleasantly surprise us all.

I think you are correct that, at a bare minimum, they will discuss the Roost and Series 5. Hopefully, there are some related new twists with both that are outside of our collective boxes. Maybe a Turkey Day blurb, especially if they will shake up Franklin’s recipes with new crops. Beyond any of this would be great!

Even though it's been said before, the ability to cook would be great. Taking more of a Harvest Moon approach, but it could be implemented within the cafe? Having the task to cook some form of a banquet for your villagers would be pretty cute.

Would definitely love to see Kapp'n make a return. Not sure how they'd implement it though. Dodo Airlines is cool, but I would have honestly just preferred if he took you to the various islands via boat. It's what most people were familiar with anyway coming from New Leaf. It was just a more soothing experience.

More villager/islander dialogue would be a welcome addition, as small as that is. Can only speak to each of my villagers for a couple of times a day before it starts to get dry. House visits is something that I somewhat miss but it isn't major whether they include it again or not.

Finally...this may have not been mentioned many times before, but having villagers give you a better selection of items. Namely furniture. I can't think of how many times I've gifted something, only to be given a pretty lacklustre piece of clothing in return. In saying this though, maybe the last couple of points I added aren't necessarily "Direct" worthy. But, one can only hope. :p

Here's everything I hope we get to see Friday

Practical thinking
  1. Info on the Roost
    1. Brewsters back
    2. Coffee making minigame - working at the roost
    3. Cooking mechanic - plant crops and make food to sell in the Roost
    4. Visits from special NPC's
    5. KK moves to the Roost, DJ KK returns
    6. Shrunk joins the Roost
    7. New Furniture set + rewards
  2. New / Returning Villagers + Amiibo Cards
  3. Nooks Cranny Upgrade
    1. Leif moves into Nooks Cranny with a wider range of stock, including seeds for new plant crops
  4. Villager Interactions
    1. Can now ask villagers to come over to our house amongst other things
    2. Maybe change villagers homes apperance
  5. Gyroids
  6. New Reactions

Wishful thinking
  1. The Roost - Ask Islanders to go for coffee
  2. Museum Expansion
    1. A Gift Shop is added to the museum the other side to the Roost, unlocked after the Roost
  3. Katrina is a new daily visitor
  4. Fence Customisation
  5. Survival Mode Island
  6. Hints at more future updates
    1. Sewing Mechanic
    2. Tortimers Island + Minigames
    3. Gracie Grace
    4. Harriet
  7. Expansion News
    1. a paid dlc expansion is revealed - Lets go to the city / HH Designer
    2. Go to the city and work in jobs
    3. decorate homes for rewards

Please, Nintendo, it's never too late to give us an options menu for this. T_T

e103e42d-5d3a-4fa7-880d-af4d7f72d022_50_2_50.png

(Image taken from Pocket Camp)

My wishlist is:

- Crops
- New furniture (or old sets from past games)
- A city island
- Shop upgrades
- Villagers visiting your home
- Minigames
- More redeemable items from the Nook Miles rewards
- New redeemable items for that Nook points thing in the app
- Ability to have a second island on the same switch
- Shrunk in the Roost
- Even more customizations for your player character (new hair, eye, and skin colors)
- THE ABILITY TO CUSTOMIZE THE EXTERIOR OF RESIDENT SERVICES!
- New house customizations
- Brand new villagers OR new personality subtypes (for example, two types of peppy personalities so that it doesn't feel like all peppy villagers are the exact same)

Will all of this happen? No lmao. But even adding one of these will make me happy 🥺
Post automatically merged:

Please, Nintendo, it's never too late to give us an options menu for this. T_T

View attachment 403317
(Image taken from Pocket Camp)

YES. PLEASE NINTENDO. I am so tired of the blaring sound of waterfalls drowning out everything else.

Back