• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What are your hopes for the AC Direct and upcoming updates?

I think it could work the same in the new orientation, the counters are just rotated a different direction from what I can tell. I could see the camera cutting to the 3/4 angle when the villagers order at the south counter, the same way the camera adjusts when you talk to them.

Of course, given the way NH has trimmed down certain features, I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't include it, but I don't put much stake in the different orientation.
True! I definitely think that they’ll go the CF/WW route and add a stage, since the game is mostly inspired on games other than NL

In regards to Roost visitors, I really hope previous residents are included. I sent away several villagers that I loved having, so it will be fantastic to see them again in some form. It also makes it easier to give up current residents if you know that they are still included in gameplay.

Oh! I just came up with more good potential updates:

- STORING FLOWERS!
- Maybe 1-2 new species introduced with those new amiibo cards
- Wand mechanics updates
- Able Sisters mechanics updates

Last edited:
Oh! I just came up with more good potential updates:

- STORING FLOWERS!
- Maybe 1-2 new species introduced with those new amiibo cards
- Wand mechanics updates
- Able Sisters mechanics updates

I have wanted to store flowers since the beginning. Was disappointed we couldn’t. I was hopping they might add a greenhouse as a new mile item that you could store flowers, trees , bushes and extra DIYS. It would make decorating for different seasons easier.

It's almost time!! Aaa, I'll barely be able to sleep tonight, lol.
Obligatory last minute predictions for tomorrow:
  1. I still believe the Direct will focus mainly on Brewster + The Roost. I think they'll go the CF/WW route and not NL, so they'll cut the mini game portion of the café but they'll add the stage. K.K won't sing there but we'll get a few NPC guests like Dr. Shrunk/Frillard.
  2. Amiibo card segment!
  3. New visiting NPC: either Katrina or Lottie.
  4. Last, but not least, they'll include a small segment on a small update on the Thanksgiving event: new veggies. I'm thinking tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant.
Good night! Hope it lives up to our expectations! lol

We have less than 12 hours left. So excited.

I have a lot of things I want, but I will try to keep my expectations low with just Brewster, gyroids, returning villagers, and a multiplayer activity or two. So that anything else revealed will be a bonus at this point.

Some last minute reasonable Roost wants:

Give Isabelle a day off for goodness' sake and let her have some chill time at The Roost! She talks about anticipating the weekend so much when she has nothing else to say yet LITERALLY works 24/7. Also I would like to see Mabel or Sable there too. It'd be nice for Mabel to have a time she generally goes and for Sable to hold down the fort and be the one you interact with at the shop while Mabel is having a break (though this is getting into territory that's beyond the bare minimum for Nintendo).

Also I really hope we get to say hi to characters we haven't seen for a while like Pelly and Phyllis at The Roost. Why they would come to a random island just for coffee I don't know but there is already much stranger logic in this game.

Also pleeeeeeeease move K.K. Slider to The Roost; I really dislike him blocking the plaza all Saturday. Even worse is when I'm trying to get a villager photo and I have to restart because they spawned at the plaza sitting down and are not able to be gifted.

There's the obvious, and then there are inclines.

Inclines, inclines, inclines.

I would remodel my island completely if I had access to more inclines, and oh would it be glorious.

A bit of a specific request but I remember in the release trailer and a few of the posters they had white picket fences. When I realised there was actually no such item. So I hope they add the ability to change colour of existing fences.

Just a few hours left! I'll be happy with just brewster and nothing else for sure.
But i wouldn't mind something more for multiplayer so my brother and friends who stopped playing will maybe play again!

other than brewster, i'm really hoping there's a lot more they're planning on announcing. here are my hopes!!

- more furniture (maybe even some furniture from pocket camp 👀?)
- shop upgrades
- quality of life improvements, my main wish is to be able to store/stack flowers and also some kind of tool that makes terraforming easier and faster
- new fruits, like the exotic fruits from new leaf + perfect fruits + fruit baskets
- probably not possible, but a way to be able to play the hourly soundtracks from old games
- minigames!!! more stuff to do with friends!! improvements to local multiplayer!!
- a second island or some kind of expansion?

some of these are probably a stretch, so i'm trying to keep my expectations low, but a girl can dream

Last night I thought of a totally bonkers off the wall idea I want that will help boost the player economy and become something for people to spend their bells on.

-Pocket Camp Item Transfers-- you can send 20 items you want per month to your New Horizons account.
-They will go into your catalog, HOWEVER, you cannot order them.
-Nookazon and the like will be booming again. Item demand will increase since only 20 items are going over per month and I'm willing to bet not everyone is sending over the exact same 20 items each month.
-You're gonna need to trade for items either with other Pocket Camp Items or Bells since these items can't just be ordered on demand. Finally a use for all 111 million bells in the bank.
-Don't wanna trade? Pocket Camp just got new players and revenue from NH players looking to get the items themselves.
-Might also encourage Pocket Camp-only players to buy a copy of NH in order to send over their items, I see a lot of PC players post that they wish some of the features of NH were in PC.

This is literally never going to happen but I think all the trading would capture the fun of the first few months of this game but since you can only send 20 items per month it would increase the longevity of player based economy instead of crashing it since there's not much for us to spend bells on right now.

I am fully in shock as well. What just happened?

They really said "Fine, you're mad? TAKE ALL OF THIS THEN."

Back