• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What shops do you want to have in the strip mall?

Yes, I agree.

Ok, 4 additions.
I thought it'd be really nice if every week a new bulletin was automatically posting telling us what the weather would be every day of the week. I was almost OCD about using an umbrella if it was raining, which doesn't even matter. It'd be nice to know if I should put an umbrella in my inventory for the following day when I save. I also thought, maybe a little feature is that if you don't use an umbrella in the rain, when you go inside any building, you have to shake it off (like a dog LOL) and if it's not your house an NPC gets annoyed at you for coming in wet.

What really annoyed me in every game is that even if it's day time, if an animal is inside their house the lights are on. It REALLY annoyed me and I don't even care if it was to tell us if they were in, they shouldn't be on.
This led me to think there should be a kinda of house accessory shop, which sells things like curtains and wall clocks. I just think it's odd how they have no curtains, and they would look nice.

Finally, Nook could just sell some fish bait. There's like 10 different types of bait which attract around 6 types of fish each, so if any are near when you fish with them, they are instantly attracted to it. I dunno, it would make completing the collection slightly easier.

Yes, I agree.

Ok, 4 additions.
I thought it'd be really nice if every week a new bulletin was automatically posting telling us what the weather would be every day of the week. I was almost OCD about using an umbrella if it was raining, which doesn't even matter. It'd be nice to know if I should put an umbrella in my inventory for the following day when I save. I also thought, maybe a little feature is that if you don't use an umbrella in the rain, when you go inside any building, you have to shake it off (like a dog LOL) and if it's not your house an NPC gets annoyed at you for coming in wet.

What really annoyed me in every game is that even if it's day time, if an animal is inside their house the lights are on. It REALLY annoyed me and I don't even care if it was to tell us if they were in, they shouldn't be on.
This led me to think there should be a kinda of house accessory shop, which sells things like curtains and wall clocks. I just think it's odd how they have no curtains, and they would look nice.

Finally, Nook could just sell some fish bait. There's like 10 different types of bait which attract around 6 types of fish each, so if any are near when you fish with them, they are instantly attracted to it. I dunno, it would make completing the collection slightly easier.

I don't really like those ideas, too much work in the rain just to enter someones house.

The lights were only on in CF all day, in other games it was just at night.

and fish bait just seems stupid, you'd have to pay for bait to catch your fish, and that would be very annoying.

I don't really like those ideas, too much work in the rain just to enter someones house.

The lights were only on in CF all day, in other games it was just at night.

and fish bait just seems stupid, you'd have to pay for bait to catch your fish, and that would be very annoying.

Oh, really? I don't remember much from WW.
Eh, I still like the rain ideas.

Oh, I didn't include that I meant you don't have to buy the bait if you don't want to, it's just that if you were say, having trouble getting a certain type of fish, you could buy the bait to help attract the fish to you. You can still fish regularly.

so more like a fishing lure? I still don't really like that, too easy to catch the fish.

and the lights off thing was in ACGC too, though the animals hardly were ever inside.

It would only work if the fish were nearby, they wouldn't magically appear. :p

I've never played ACGC, I wouldn't know.

Model store. I want to collect models of every character in animal crossing.

What exactly do you mean by models? Like the pictures or those building models? Can you clarify that, and when you do, just to tell you: so far we haven't heard anything on the pictures and/or models returning.

I think the model store would be a good idea in theory, but there's so many characters in AC, I dunno where I'd put them all.
Speaking of storage..

Not really so much a shop idea, but I'd really like it if all the wardrobes and things were kept separate, they weren't all the same storage. It would make looking for stuff a small pain, but I honestly think that you can get so much stuff now, one storage wouldn't be enough. Or, you could always just DOUBLE the size of the storage, either way is fine with me.

that's too much storage space, they msot likely will add more storage space, I'll be fine with a seperate storage for each room in the house, but not each container.

so more like a fishing lure? I still don't really like that, too easy to catch the fish.

and the lights off thing was in ACGC too, though the animals hardly were ever inside.

Wait! Stop! Fishing lure? Bait! I'm all in! I want a AC tackle box with all sorts of fun goodies! Grate idea!

I completely disagree with all of the fishing ideas. It's already extremely simple to fish, you cast it out and the fish comes to it, and the silver and golden rods attract fish that are further away. As much as the ideas are cool, they're useless.

Also, why would someone sit in their house with the lights off? That doesn't even make any sense.

I'd still like some local stores rather then having to go to the mall all the time. Keep the stores that aren't necessary in the mall and keep Mables, Nooks, Post Office, Museum and Harriet in the village itself. I'd say keep shops/places like Reds, Kicks, Gracie Grace, Dr. Shrunk, Lyle and Brewsters cafe in the mall. Some new things they could put in the mall are an Arcade and a diner.

I completely disagree with all of the fishing ideas. It's already extremely simple to fish, you cast it out and the fish comes to it, and the silver and golden rods attract fish that are further away. As much as the ideas are cool, they're useless.

Also, why would someone sit in their house with the lights off? That doesn't even make any sense.

They meant that in the sunlight, you would keep the lights on. And when its night, they're off.

They meant that in the sunlight, you would keep the lights on. And when its night, they're off.

What?
Sorry if I'm being a little stupid but.. normally when you're in a house you turn your lights on, unless you're sleeping.
That is how it works in AC. lol. Anytime a neighbor is in their house, their lights will be on, unless they're asleep.

Well, in real life, during the day time you don't have you lights on in your house, do you?
You have the sunshine outside, so you don't need them on.
I dunno, it always kinda got on my nerves when I saw it.
The lights on during the day thing only works if it's dark, cloudy, raining, a thunder storm or snowing.
That's how I thought about it... Sorry if it's not up to my usual standards.

This is probably going too far, but I was thinking about a sort of Nintendo shop, which basically sold anything related to the other Nintendo games. Here, they'd sell (if they were back in this game) the NES games, the Nintendo hats and accessories and more.
If this is a really terrible idea, I just woke up. -excuses-

Well, in real life, during the day time you don't have you lights on in your house, do you?
You have the sunshine outside, so you don't need them on.
I dunno, it always kinda got on my nerves when I saw it.
The lights on during the day thing only works if it's dark, cloudy, raining, a thunder storm or snowing.
That's how I thought about it... Sorry if it's not up to my usual standards.

This is probably going too far, but I was thinking about a sort of Nintendo shop, which basically sold anything related to the other Nintendo games. Here, they'd sell (if they were back in this game) the NES games, the Nintendo hats and accessories and more.
If this is a really terrible idea, I just woke up. -excuses-

Well they showed the wii balance board, but I don't think they'll make a separate shop for it, they aren't going to make a separate shop for everything, and NES games shouldn't return, and I just don't see why they would.

Well they showed the wii balance board, but I don't think they'll make a separate shop for it, they aren't going to make a separate shop for everything, and NES games shouldn't return, and I just don't see why they would.

o_O They showed the Wii Balance Board? Didn't know that.
Yeah, I said I was going too far. T'was just a thought.
Also, I heard that the Able Sisters weren't selling accessories anymore? And here I wanted it to be a bit bigger..

They still could have expansions, and the next one the sell accessories, though I think it's better to assume there is a separate store for accessories, and so far we've never seen any crazy accessories like those zap helmets, just glasses, and I think a few hats, there was one hairstyle that I think could be a wig though.

Yeah, I'd like that. Then we could get a lot more accessories in a day than just two.
Hope it sells more umbrellas per day too.

I want to post new ideas, but they aren't shops. >.< We need another thread for just new ideas overall. :p

you can really post ideas you have anywhere, like every thread gets off topic, but still on AC3DS discussion.

And if the do sell more umbrellas, they better make more, especially the unique looking ones(flowers and leaves)

Back