What's Bothering You?

I'm having difficulty trying to communicate this.

I've grown older and alone. It's like I'm undergoing a period of isolation and there's no way out except for waiting.

Talked with an old friend from over a decade ago. We chatted for a bit, gave him my number, said he'd call. Nothing.

A co-worker of mine came back from doing a remote at a car dealership. A lady I once worked with heard me on the radio and wrote me a letter with her number on it. She now works at that same car dealership. So I contacted her as instructed in her letter, sent her a text, but no reply.

When I try to break out of isolation, it throws me back in.

When I think it's about to be over, it begins all over again.

I have no idea what to do anymore.

My dad was screaming at one of my nieces again; right now he is arguing with my mom because she yelled at him for how he is treating my niece.

He yelled at her because she kept screaming. She’s a kid and kids get excited and scream.

he yelled at her also because she wouldn’t listen. she has adhd. my mom tried to explain that to him but he is like, you know all the answers and you’re a psychologist.she understands more than him; i have adhd and he has never (even after my diagnosis) understood it since he always yells at me when i take forever to answer and says answer me or well?! He is the one that acts like he has the answer but when someone tries to explain he does the passive aggressive behavior that I really hate.

Even as a kid, he’d freak out when I showed any signs of adhd (before my diagnosis), anxiety. But he seriously is really deteriorating and going downhill and is even more unpleasant to be around. My nieces won’t ever want to be around him at this rate. He treats the middle niece differently; it’s so obvious.

He can’t take any criticism at all.

I was debating on responding to this, but just wanted to say I can relate. But after having thought about it for awhile, even if I feel lonely now, I still look back on my younger years and remember some of the times I was even more lonely. Just remembering that and knowing that there's more people looking out for me today helps ease the pain somewhat. Anyway, I wish I had a concrete answer for you but I don't. I just hope you feel better soon. 💜

You know… I really don’t like it when my mom is in a bad mood and just decides to yell at me (and my siblings) over everything. It just makes me feel like I can’t do anything correctly. But no, just keep doing what you’re doing, Mom. I really really appreciate it. 🙃🙃🙃

Still feeling pretty rough from Covid. I feel like I have all of the symptoms. I am extremely tired all the time and don't have a lot of energy, which makes getting my work done so brutal because I feel so weak. I still am running a fever that won't go down and I have no sense of smell or taste now. Plus my hands have been getting a pins and needle sensation. Apparently that is something that you can get from covid, but it's rare. The sensation won't go away. It's there 24/7.

I haven’t had my period in 7 months. I will start birth control soon, since this is the longest I’ve gone without one, and when I DO have that time, it’s very heavy and painful. The birth control should even that out.

This is yet another reason why Project 2025 is so disturbing to me. It’s sad to think there are people who think I’ve failed as a woman because I have PCOS, because I have to take pills to regulate my body, because I have no children. Like a woman is supposed to be is broken, with a piece inside everyone’s life, rather than an interesting person on her own. (Not saying I want any children…just that hardcore fundies want every woman to be a tradwife, married young, and constantly giving birth. Almost like a robot. Creepy.)

sometimes i get really sad and frustrated that i cant hold a convo in spanish :/ like at work its genuinely so frustrating when a coworker/customer speaks to me in spanish, i can understand what they're saying, but my brain takes a million years to formulate a response, then when the response comes out it's not even correct, then they look at me like im stupid. its something ive dealt w for a few years now especially now that i work. and now it makes me sad because i really want to be able to communicate w my boyfriend's parents who mainly speak spanish but it's so hard to !!!! i feel like it's more frustrating knowing what they're saying+not being able to respond vs. not knowing what they're saying+not being able to respond....

and i want to practice my spanish but for years now ive been so insecure of the way i sound when i speak it (do i sound stupid? is it obvious i dont know what im saying?) it's to the point where i dont even feel comfortable speaking it around family members because of that sole fear of being judged on how i sound. ik a way to fix that is to speak it more obviously, but its hard when i literally cannot spit the words out 😭 i just feel so dumb and im just frustrated that my parents didnt teach it to me at a young age ;_;

so I watch Youtube Shorts sometimes when I just want to decompress (don't worry, I know my limits and I try to avoid stuff that causes me unreasonable stress), and off and on in the back of my mind I've been thinking, what happened to Lynja? in case you guys don't know, she made lots of cooking videos and uploaded them to yt shorts (and probably other platforms like Insta and Tiktok). this morning I stumbled across one of her videos for the first time in a long while.

well I just found out that she actually passed away earlier this year.

her personality and enthusiasm was contagious honestly, watching her videos always puts a smile on my face. there were even quite a few recipes that she posted that I would like to try myself, especially since I'm starting to really learn how to cook. she had huge positive grandma vibes and I adore her. I'm very sad to hear that she's not around anymore, but I'll always be happy that she was able to share her love of cooking and love of life with the world. 💗

All week I've been extra busy, done even more than I planned and I've not been feeling great since Tuesday to add into the mix. Yesterday, it was implied that I haven't done much. This person had been drinking, but seriously I do more than them in one day than they do in a week. Then, they thought it was funny to say I saw something on YouTube you should have a look at.
10 ways to tell if your dog is dying.
I've put in spoiler tags as it upset me and may upset some members. Now, this morning when I said about it to them they said 'I didn't say that, you're talking nonsense.' Then, 'You're too touchy'. I'm surprised I didn't get the old favourite 'Is it your time of the month?' That's probably still to come. 😒 I feel so guilty even trying to catch a half an hour break when others are around, even though I'm in pain and I do often keep going when my body is telling me to stop. I'm so fed up of being made to feel like this. I need to rest, but feel guilty for trying to do so.

I hope this medication works for you! This is the medication I take and if memory serves I didn't have troubles adjusting. The medication I was trying beforehand had some weird side effects so I remember being nervous about the escitalopram too.

Thanks!

So far it's been nothing horrible. I've been wide awake at night but I assume that will cease.

My class begins in a few weeks. I'm hoping it'll make that easier too. It's easier to concentrate when not dealing with anxiety.

I was trying to sleep but it seems something might be on fire outside? Nobody knows from where. My mom couldn't see smoke but it definitely smells like it. But now I am concerned for myself because things like smoke outside slowly get into my side of the house. (I hate living here)
I was hoping to go somewhere today but I've messed up my schedule and now I might just stay up and hope we can still go later so I can get out of this house.. Ugh.
Also, am I imagining things or is my throat already starting to get sore? I can't even smell the smoke right now. Didn't realize I was that sensitive to it.

How am I supposed to look at my father, see how his alcoholism has affected him, and our family, and still be proud to call him my dad..? For years, I've looked up to him. Ever since I was a little girl. But as I get older, I notice his disease/addiction only gets worse. He never used to be this way. He doesn't even notice he has a problem. How am I supposed to accept that this isn't the same man who raised me, the same man who listened to me vent without yelling at me? How am I just supposed to accept he's never going to get help as long as he claims he doesn't have a problem.. I just wish he'd get help before it's too late..

My dad left the door to outside in the back open and Jewels got outside; when I tried to grab her she ran so fast from me. I just woke up not long along and was already having a small panic attack or something and this made it worse. My dad apologized but he didn’t seem sorry at all. My mom yelled at him and he’s like why are you screaming at me? 🙄 Unbelievable. Cats are unpredictable and even if you think they won’t go outside, you can never be sure and it never hurts to be extra careful. If anything ever happened to my cats, I don’t think I could live with myself. They’re my only personal friends not to mention they’re family; I’m still not over losing my other kitties even though they were old and sick. I feel like I let them down 💔

My little brother is such a little **** sometimes. And I know that when he does this, he does it on purpose. He tries to make me mad on purpose. I don’t even do anything to him. I try to be a good older brother, but no. He’s just annoying and hates me for no reason.

Back