• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Bell Tree Direct - 8.14.20 - Shop Updates and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the updates and the bells! Looking forward to the TBT Fair!

would've preferred if the backdrops were permanently owned once bought and you could switch between them, with some just having limited release times during events and such. not personally a fan of paying 100+ tbt for something temporary

I can’t be bothered for a profile pic let alone 150tbt for 30 day thing lol what a scam

Hoping we get a dark theme soon, these backdrops are neat, but like others have said it sucks that it's not permanent

love the backdrops!! ❤ but i also wish there were permanent tbh 🥺
cant wait for the fair! it will be so much fun!

Thank you for the information, it's much appreciated!
Quick question: Do the backdrops just 'appear' after we buy them, or is there something we have to do to get them to show up? Just curious, thank you! 💜

edit: typo

Last edited:
Less is more.
I like to keep it simple, but it's great for those who want more. :)

Thank you for the information, it's much appreciated!
Quick question: Do the backdrops just 'appear' after we buy them, or is there something we have to do to get them to show up? Just curious, thank you! 💜

edit: typo
I think mine just appeared, but if you go to shop -> inventory you can enable or disable it there!

I can’t be bothered for a profile pic let alone 150tbt for 30 day thing lol what a scam
I have to agree, while they are pretty cool I absolutely can't see myself investing in one unless they're made permanent. There are other things I want to spend my limited tbt on.

Thanks for the updates! The backdrops are cute, too bad they only last for such a short time though

so excited for the TBT fair!! had a lot of fun participating in previous years, can't wait to see what this year's is like!

While I also wouldn't really buy something that isn't at least semi-permanent (I make bells super slowly as it is :p but that's mainly my fault), I do empathize with what the staff are going for with this one. Backdrops are incredibly beautiful & substantial customization options, so should have some degree of rarity. At the moment, the rarity of having a backdrop is in the "Will I buy something that disappears after 30 days" bit of the buying decision, so they've kind of achieved that, and lots of people have opted in to buying them. At the same time, being so significant, having backdrops be tied to a luck-based restock or something like that just wouldn't be fun for a lot of people. It's really tricky making something that is "rare" but also accessible, and the current way they've gone about it works (off the top of my head, I can't think of any really good alternatives).

All that being said, I LOVE the backdrops. It would be cool if maybe they were subscription/activity based? say you hit some threshold of posts (which bells kinda proxy for already)/participation during an event, you'd unlock backdrops for use at the next event kinda thing. Backdrops are also themed so far, so having them being used only in their specific version of that event makes sense (imagine if we all had tetris backdrops that we re-brought out for this year's fair :p), if we could bring back specific ones (with how significant they are) it would look less like we're celebrating what it is we're actually celebrating in that moment.

edit: maybe backdrops could be an alternative to something? so the decision is whether we'll display our lineup (or sig or something else like that) during an event or go full throttle festive and use a themed backdrop for it (I'd 100% do that :p)

While I also wouldn't really buy something that isn't at least semi-permanent (I make bells super slowly as it is :p but that's mainly my fault), I do empathize with what the staff are going for with this one. Backdrops are incredibly beautiful & substantial customization options, so should have some degree of rarity.

It's really tricky making something that is "rare" but also accessible, and the current way they've gone about it works (off the top of my head, I can't think of any really good alternatives).
How does that make them rare when everyone has the ability to purchase them & then those same people have them expire at the same time?

Rare like: it stops everyone from having one out of their own choice. it's not "status symbol" rare (like some collectibles and things are), just rare like: not everyone will opt in to using one because it will expire, and thus not everyone will have one.

i'm excited for the fair, woohoo!
another vote that would love to see post backgrounds become permanent items.

also question: is there a way to unequip the background? for example if i bought it today, but wanted to display it during the month of december for 30 days instead, is that possible? understand it's for 30 days only at this time but was wondering if we are limited to displaying it immediately upon purchase.

Rare like: it stops everyone from having one out of their own choice. it's not "status symbol" rare (like some collectibles and things are), just rare like: not everyone will opt in to using one because it will expire, and thus not everyone will have one.
Gotcha. Doesn't that just make it more uncommon rather than "rare," though?

edit; I think I understand what you're saying. Like, having it be at that price and at an expiration = not everyone will want it at that point, but for those who do choose to spend their bells on it, it makes them feel like they have something valuable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back