Canvas Crossing

I am still working on my last one . I was hoping to get one more done after this one but this hat is taking forever to get right. So I keep erasing it and trying again.
Screenshot 2024-09-11 17.25.58.png

My last hat was NOT okay XD

The balloon hat was my nemesis! 😂

I think all this drawing practice did me some good, though. There's a big difference between my first drawings and my last drawings. It's verrry noticeable. 😅

I'd love to see similar events in future - and I can't wait to see all the drawings!

For me it was shoes! I simply cannot get the shoes to look natural. I keep telling myself that nobody is going to be mad about free art, haha.
Wait until you see what I did for feet lol. 😅 Instead of going the detail route I just simplified things.

Been working steadily on my last one! Been snacking on gummibears while I'm at it, they're so yummy! ☺️

So are main nemesis are hats, glasses and feet. Xd
I'm also the same with shoes sometimes, have a problem with angle and everything.
I would also add faces are my enemy too and getting the size of the head to match with the body haha whenever I draw faces it just seems off to Mr sometimes.

For me it was shoes! I simply cannot get the shoes to look natural. I keep telling myself that nobody is going to be mad about free art, haha.
Yea shoes are pretty hard too. Especially with trying to get the correct angles.
So are main nemesis are hats, glasses and feet. Xd
I'm also the same with shoes sometimes, have a problem with angle and everything.
I would also add faces are my enemy too and getting the size of the head to match with the body haha whenever I draw faces it just seems off to Mr sometimes.
Sounds right to me. Every time I try to draw the head first it always comes out so big that I have to resize it .

I think I am finally done with this one. So sorry about the hat and glasses. I tried.

Honestly, I’m finding it really reassuring that so many other people are a bit self-conscious about their drawings. Our typical TBT art events tend to highlight the absolute most skillful artists (which makes sense!), and that can make it a bit intimidating to draw anything that’s going to be public. But I know I’d love to receive custom art even if it wasn’t super polished, and it’s making me more excited to see the pieces from this event knowing that I won’t be the only one contributing art that doesn’t look like it was drawn by a professional. I dunno, I think it’s a nice way to appreciate the creative process and our little community rather than always elevating some artwork as the best.

Oh, I wish more people weren't self-conscious about their drawings though- I know for sure that all the art is going to rock..!!!! Regardless of skill and whatnot!
Also.. I wanted to do maybe one more before the event officially closes but.. my queue.. is too large...

Oh, I wish more people weren't self-conscious about their drawings though- I know for sure that all the art is going to rock..!!!! Regardless of skill and whatnot!
Also.. I wanted to do maybe one more before the event officially closes but.. my queue.. is too large...
I feel that being self conscious about ones art has always been a common dominator that will always make someone hestitate when showing their work. The worry their hard work will be judged harshly or people's belief they could've done better or is not as good as someone else's.
But just like how some people adore a villager by their appearance, art is subjective. And even if you don't really think your art looks perfect; someone else viewing it will just adore that piece of art.

I think that's what makes this activity so good, because you don't know whose artwork you will get; you appreciate the had work and desire people have done for our lil Island reps to come alive in something they created in their own unique style.

And think of it this way~ the more lil art you do, the more you see what style of art you're comfortable in and improve it to the fullest.

Back