• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

Is this one of those releases that'll come out at the same time around the world? Because I'm in the PST time zone (CA, USA), will I have it tomorrow at 6p?

i was wondering this same thing. I couldn’t find anything on the exact time, but it seems like the other updates were all based on japan time, so it seems likely? If anyone has better info, I’d love to know too!

Is this one of those releases that'll come out at the same time around the world? Because I'm in the PST time zone (CA, USA), will I have it tomorrow at 6p?
It'll be released probably 10 am Via Japan time so all over the world it'll be released at the same time just everyone will experience it at different times due to varying time zones. So for example i'll most likely get the update around 8pm CST while you'll get it at 6pm PST time.

I am so excited the fireworks look amazing and you can use custom designs :) :) :) and I 'm so keen to hang out with friends and have the light up accessories.

I have never looked into the dream suite when I played New Leaf as I only played alone not with friends or with an online community so I never felt the need to make one to give people the dream address to come visit.

Although a question I have is...
Are there Australians on this thread?
Do we have to wait till the 31st to play this update or can we play the 30th? (Tomorrow) ?

Cause other games I play I have to wait an extra day to play the DLC cause the game is American.

I just hope the fireworks music is identical or similar to nl..
Post automatically merged:

I am so excited the fireworks look amazing and you can use custom designs :) :) :) and I 'm so keen to hang out with friends and have the light up accessories.

I have never looked into the dream suite when I played New Leaf as I only played alone not with friends or with an online community so I never felt the need to make one to give people the dream address to come visit.

Do we have to wait till the 31st to play this update or can we play the 30th? (Tomorrow) ?

Cause other games I play I have to wait an extra day to play the DLC cause the game is American.
I would assume you wouldn't have to wait but I'm American so Idk..

I just hope the fireworks music is identical or similar to nl..
Post automatically merged:

I would assume you wouldn't have to wait but I'm American so Idk..
See I can't remember if I had to wait the extra day for the Wave 1 update :( I'm sure I didn't and I was shocked that I could play it

Dreams are gonna be so much fun again! One of my favourite pastimes in new leaf was exploring other peoples towns

I haven't read any of the comments yet so apologies if my post is repetitive of what others have said but here is my genuine response: The dreaming sequence aesthetically looks so cool. Very excited. Welcome back Luna! I am 100% holding a fireworks party and inviting people over, I need those glow antenna! Imagine those as a collectable... but thats another story. Haven't read or looked into the backup restoration service but it sounds promising. Thank you ninty!

I AM SOO EXCITED. AAAAAAAAAAAAA this is ithe update i've been waiting for. No more paying nmts to visit popular towns. finally.

I AM SOO EXCITED. AAAAAAAAAAAAA this is ithe update i've been waiting for. No more paying nmts to visit popular towns. finally.
Not to mention the fact that visiting a copy of someone's island is a lot more connection friendly / time friendly than having to use the airport. Score! :D

Animal Crossing is Japanese and updates have been at 10am JST so you will be able to play it on the 30th sometime between 9am to 12pm depending on where you are in Australia.

YESSSS! I missed the dream suite so much, and I love how they implemented it with beds! That's really smart! I can't wait to check out everybody islands without worrying about connection issues and stuff :D

Not sure anyone post this, but apparently there will have 2 new clothings available on nook shopping after the update.
8D76CC72-D210-4A61-8ADB-DBCFE0E2F96D.jpeg

And a firework wallpaper as present, though it is not confirmed whether it is animated or not.
69AB6DE9-6C1E-47BF-A6B2-E55A33988484.jpeg

Images and info source, from Nintendo Taiwan website.

Personally I'm disappointed Luna doesn't have her own building but that's just because I love new buildings lol. I'm very excited for Dream Suite, I think that that will add a lot of new variety to the game and lots to keep us entertained until the next update. I do think it's important to remember that the Summer Update was one biiiiig update split into two. On its own the Wave 2 update does look a little sparse, but just remember that we got diving, new creatures, a new character, and new furniture/DIYs last month.

I didn't get to experience the NL fireworks so I'm very excited for those. I can see how it could be disappointing for people who did play all of NL but I literally just played like two months of it, so it's all new for me!

I'm very pleased they are now announcing beforehand when we can expect new updates; I think that's the most sensible move, to prevent players from feeling forgotten about. Very excited for Halloween.

I agree with others that I think October will obviously be spooky-themed, whilst September will likely see the inclusion of farming. Or maybe November instead, if they want to tie it in with Thanksgiving (considering the USA is such a big part of where the games sell). I think Brewster could honestly be anywhere from September to December.

If I would guess, I would say Kapp'n could appear anywhere from September to December too. I think it makes more sense for him to appear in cold months so he can give you a break from the Winter freeze.

Hell yes finally the dream suite is back! Can't wait to visit all the amazing islands ;o; guess I will start playing again now haha

Back