• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mysteries of the Monolith - Ended!

This was such a challenge but so fun! :D

WOW- I didn’t expect to get that one! But that was super fun!!

It seems like the bit of text was hard to see below the monolith, so it's shifted around a bit! It's also been worded a little more clearly, so it now says:
The answer should be a specific noun! For example, if we had the passage "I was hungry, so for dinner I ate the half of a can of beans that was in my fridge" and we asked "What did they eat?" the answer would be "HALFOFACANOFBEANS" rather than "DINNER", "THEHALFOFACANOFBEANS", or "CANOFBEANS". You should drop any single-word leading quantifiers such as "a" or "the".

If you're struggling to enter the redemption code, this might help.

Also for those who may be worried about Wednesday: there will naturally be some leniency there since it'll be under human review -- we just can't do that with redemption codes! So in our above example, we would likely still accept "the half of a can of beans" as an answer.

It seems like the bit of text was hard to see below the monolith, so it's shifted around a bit! It's also been worded a little more clearly, so it now says:

If you're struggling to enter the redemption code, this might help.

Also for those who may be worried about Wednesday: there will naturally be some leniency there since it'll be under human review -- we just can't do that with redemption codes! So in our above example, we would likely still accept "the half of a can of beans" as an answer.

Can you be more lenient with mine from last Wednesday, since I clearly just put the wrong letter for the gnomes feet? :(

Can you be more lenient with mine from last Wednesday, since I clearly just put the wrong letter for the gnomes feet? :(
Unfortunately, no. The iSpy-like puzzles are very particular in their answer as even a small difference (e.g. wrong letter or number) changes the entire answer. This week's puzzle is a little more on the "a particular group of words required is hard to specify" side of things, so the leniency is required.

I figured it out! took a bit of work but it was satisfying to put in the code and get it right lol 😂

Woot! I solved it!
I think it took me less than an hour. I just hope the next one is shorter to solve.

ok, done and done

glad this one isn't a thread submission one, since while I knew what was desired for the answer it did take me a few tries to get it how the system wanted it

I’ve never actually touched one of this things, so I dont really know if I can do this one

Just redeemed the code!

I finally realized today that there was, in fact, a hint given. I was trying to do it with no hint before haha.

This was fun although the scavenger hunts are still my favorite!

Back