• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo Direct announced for September 23, 2021

The Nintendo Direct was mostly meh for me but dang, that New Horizons teaser though...

Capture d’écran 2021-09-24 à 11.21.13.png

Also, new amiibo cards!! What could those be despite the Raymond, sherb etc! Are there cards of the new NPCs yet? Like flick or daisy-Mae? Probably no new villagers then...
In any case I’m happy & feel motivated to return to my main island and work on my second island. Can’t wait for October now!
Since the update will drop in November the direct will probably be last week of October?
It's okay to have hope for new villagers! Each series was 100 cards, and there's been leaks about "100 new Amiibo entries" being put in for Nintendo, so it could very well tie into this. There's always the possibility. And if there's 100 cards, take out the new NPCs, the current new villagers we have, and even the Welcome Amiibo ones that don't have entries in the regular series, there's still a lot of spots to fill. Hey, maybe that's why updates have been a little lackluster for almost a year now. Potentially working on so much new stuff at once... I want to hope anyway.

You're probably right about when the direct will drop. I'm obviously super excited and want it ASAP, but I'm thinking somewhere in the last week. 28th seems likely, as I feel Thursdays are a favorite day for directs.

I dunno, I'm just so excited now! And it's probably foolish to be so optimistic about it, and I know that there's bound to be news for other titles as well (HHD and PC) but I can't help it!

I mean, it was only a matter of time before The Roost, but good to see it confirmed!
SO sad it's not going to be it's own building, though 😢 We need more buildings.

But I'm pumped for the direct~ A direct just to announce The Roost seems a bit silly and excessive... so I'm thinking there may be more to it than just that!
(in other news, that Kirby games looks very promising)
Hmm, I see a lot of people are upset that Brewster isn't getting his own Cafe. But I personally am fine with this, because I don't know where I would place another building. That just seem stressful. Idk, I did love his Cafe in acnl but I can live without it in acnh. My island is too full already. 😂

Hmm, I see a lot of people are upset that Brewster isn't getting his own Cafe. But I personally am fine with this, because I don't know where I would place another building. That just seem stressful. Idk, I did love his Cafe in acnl but I can live without it in acnh. My island is too full already. 😂
I mean, I feel like, ideally Nintendo would give us an OPTION to move his Cafe out. Like, maybe once you've befriended him/helped him out a bit he could be like, "I was thinking... what if I had my own building?" and you could either be like "Let's DO IT" and then help him pick a spot, or be like "Nah, you're cool here." And he'd go with your advice, then let you bring it up with Nook if you want to change it back/change it up.

I'm really praying we get some some option for more buildings, though. Building extra player houses to make other kinds of business just isn't gonna work for me 😟

I am might be the weird one out that I don’t know what to expect or hope for. Now that they have announced there is going to be a ACNH dedicated direct, I’m curious to see what will be in included. My hope was that Brewster would be included, it was hard for me to imagine them not adding Brewster In one form or another.

I mean, I feel like, ideally Nintendo would give us an OPTION to move his Cafe out. Like, maybe once you've befriended him/helped him out a bit he could be like, "I was thinking... what if I had my own building?" and you could either be like "Let's DO IT" and then help him pick a spot, or be like "Nah, you're cool here." And he'd go with your advice, then let you bring it up with Nook if you want to change it back/change it up.

I'm really praying we get some some option for more buildings, though. Building extra player houses to make other kinds of business just isn't gonna work for me 😟
Now if Nintendo did that, I would be very happy. Having it as an option is a really good idea.

Yeah, since it would take up decorating space and the outside might not fit everyone's theme I can see why Nintendo wants to cut down on the number of buildings (although personally I wouldn't have minded it if it was cute! I like having more buildings for my personal space and I don't like decorating in NH anyways lol)

I'm low-key surprised that I'm not more upset over the Café being in the museum.. I'm just so glad he's coming back, and they really knocked the museum out of the park in general so you KNOW The Roost is gonna look amazing.

It's okay to have hope for new villagers! Each series was 100 cards, and there's been leaks about "100 new Amiibo entries" being put in for Nintendo, so it could very well tie into this. There's always the possibility. And if there's 100 cards, take out the new NPCs, the current new villagers we have, and even the Welcome Amiibo ones that don't have entries in the regular series, there's still a lot of spots to fill. Hey, maybe that's why updates have been a little lackluster for almost a year now. Potentially working on so much new stuff at once... I want to hope anyway.

You're probably right about when the direct will drop. I'm obviously super excited and want it ASAP, but I'm thinking somewhere in the last week. 28th seems likely, as I feel Thursdays are a favorite day for directs.

I dunno, I'm just so excited now! And it's probably foolish to be so optimistic about it, and I know that there's bound to be news for other titles as well (HHD and PC) but I can't help it!

There are still a lot of villagers that were in the original AC and Doubutsu no Mori E+ that never made it to Wild World and later games. Like Tarou the jock wolf, Woolio the jock sheep, Hambo the jock pig, Sue E the snooty pig, Flash the cranky bird etc that I'd love to see in New Horizons.

I mean, check out this cutie: (Tarou)

I just hope the series 5 cards aren't only available at Target.
1632557739257.png

May in the direct they will add features of previous games which we also need, like HHA, hopefully we will be able to decorate our villagers home !! Interior and exterior, that would be awesome ( like we really need to help them, many of them are awful at decorating their homes hehe ). Also maybe something more interesting to do when u have pp over, like mini games etc .... we will have to see i guess hehe

I am actually looking forward to the "and more..." part of the announcement.

View attachment 401217

I seriously hope Brewster is not the only NPC we'll get.

I was kinda worried that the “and more!” Was outside of the “New Free Content” bubble, thinking they might be including content you have to pay for. But I like your idea of it possibly hinting to additional NPCs, as it’s fight next to Brewster.

I was kinda worried that the “and more!” Was outside of the “New Free Content” bubble, thinking they might be including content you have to pay for. But I like your idea of it possibly hinting to additional NPCs, as it’s fight next to Brewster.

I don't see where the fear of paid dlc is coming in, they've pretty much said no to that from the beginning ( it's only fans who are willing to pay that keep bringing the idea up ).

That said, they've used the tag similarly on other npcs, it's not a hint about that. They tack it on there for cutesy effect.

I don't see where the fear of paid dlc is coming in, they've pretty much said no to that from the beginning ( it's only fans who are willing to pay that keep bringing the idea up ).

That said, they've used the tag similarly on other npcs, it's not a hint about that. They tack it on there for cutesy effect.

They didn't label it this way, but the Sanrio content functioned as paid DLC and seems to have been really successful. I think they could try that again in some capacity. A majority of Switch first party games seem to have some kind of paid DLC.

I still think they will do free updates, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is more paid content eventually (like Sanrio, or an HHD expansion, or something else).

I don’t remember them hiding NPCs in past announcements. They let you know what NPCs to expect with the “and more” or it would mention some QOL changes, additional reactions, Nookphone app updates etc.
Then again, this isn’t a trailer. It’s Just kinda odd to throw the “and more” on there like that. Not like anyone was expecting an entire Direct to focus on the Roost. I’m definitely reading way too into it though, lol.

They didn't label it this way, but the Sanrio content functioned as paid DLC and seems to have been really successful. I think they could try that again in some capacity. A majority of Switch first party games seem to have some kind of paid DLC.

I still think they will do free updates, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is more paid content eventually (like Sanrio, or an HHD expansion, or something else).

The thing about the Sanrio cards is that Nintendo doesn't get the choice, and they aren't new. They're a collab which Nintendo does not get control over, which is why they weren't released in the beginning. Sanrio entirely controls how the packs are distributed, how many, when, etc. People don't seem to know much about how the collab works. ( Not saying that in a rude way, just a general way! )

It's very different than, say, the WA update that came to NL, which is the kind of updates we are getting for NH.
They said they weren't interested in paid DLC, and the cards aren't really that any more than they ever were.

I am actually looking forward to the "and more..." part of the announcement.

View attachment 401217

I seriously hope Brewster is not the only NPC we'll get.
It'd be cool if the NPC they don't plan on bringing back like Pelly, Pete, Phyllis ect can show up in the Roost from time to time and you can chat up with them.

The thing about the Sanrio cards is that Nintendo doesn't get the choice, and they aren't new. They're a collab which Nintendo does not get control over, which is why they weren't released in the beginning. Sanrio entirely controls how the packs are distributed, how many, when, etc. People don't seem to know much about how the collab works. ( Not saying that in a rude way, just a general way! )

It's very different than, say, the WA update that came to NL, which is the kind of updates we are getting for NH.
They said they weren't interested in paid DLC, and the cards aren't really that any more than they ever were.

I understand Sanrio sets their terms, but Nintendo has some agency in that they have to agree to those terms for the collaboration to happen. At some point, Nintendo agreed to put items and villagers in the game that were only accessible by paying extra money (which I don't mind personally).

It's certainly possible they are fine with amiibo cards being their only source of extra money on the game. It seems like it has become common for Nintendo to further monetize their games through paid DLC, so that's why I am hesitant to completely rule it out.

I'm really not trying to push back or start a debate, I just think Nintendo is a business first and foremost and their goal is to make money and please shareholders. I don't think paid DLC will replace or stop the free DLC that is coming, but I could see paid DLC being a supplemental thing that would further monetize the game.

Last edited:
Back