• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo Direct announced for September 23, 2021

I am cautiously optimistic about this being more than just Brewster as well. I think they used this teaser to let us know the Roost is this update’s headliner, but more is coming as well. If it was just Brewster, then why not announce it now instead of doing a separate direct in Oct? Something tells me there is more.

They had a pic of Brewster with a little flag that said "and more" so it won't just be Brewster. It may not be a lot more but it's not just Brewster.

So happy to see the Roost is coming back 🥰 even if it's just part of the museum. Hoping for more, of course, but seems promising!

This is cool, but I really hope the update is more substantial than just Brewster/The Roost, possibly gyroids, support for the new amiibos, and more upcoming holiday stuff thrown in. I'd really like to see the return of amiibo figure villagers, more special NPCs (Gracie and Kapp'n also being major missing ones), and hopefully other more things to do.

I know that's a lot, but I don't think that's asking too much when the game has been out for a year and a half, we've gotten less free content via updates than I expected, and the game at launch kinda felt like an early access game with not all of the typical Animal Crossing features you'd expect. New Leaf has more content still, even if you take out all of the content added by the WA update.

So we got a full animal crossing direct? At least the trailer shows it. Can't wait - maye I will be more motivated to finish my island finally! Just hoping for new furniture sets along the way!

It’s great we’re finally…. FINALLY getting the roost, something which I may add should have been present in the game from launch. But adding one pigeon is not going to fix ACNH. Nintendo best also have some game fixes, quality of life updates and furniture sets coming back in this update to make it any decent.

AC community we won!! I’m so happy. I’m so glad it’s not the usual “Halloween is soon here’s the new items!!”. We actually get a direct! I hope it’s not just seasonal stuff. But since the update will go live in November maybe it’s Brewster, Turkey day, toy day and additional stuff? I really really hope for new furniture personally. That they’ll bring back missing series’ and maybe add more? I need more tables/ shelves desperately lol.

Also about the roost being in the museum: on the one hand I’m glad he’s in the museum Bc my island, as I’m sure many others too, is PACKED. So it’s nice to save space. On the other hand more buildings would make the island livelier...
I’d actually like something like public works projects for new horizons, like little buildings you can put outside.
Also, new amiibo cards!! What could those be despite the Raymond, sherb etc! Are there cards of the new NPCs yet? Like flick or daisy-Mae? Probably no new villagers then...
In any case I’m happy & feel motivated to return to my main island and work on my second island. Can’t wait for October now!
Since the update will drop in November the direct will probably be last week of October?

Yes I am so happy just hope it’s just not the cafe and we get more stuff like the island being able to play games with people doing more with your villagers

I will take back what I said before about screaming if it's just the cafe when I see this direct next month. If they have added other stuff, then I will be very happy. But don't get me wrong adding Brewster is amazing and I know so many people have been begging for him for so long. He is great and I'm excited to spend lots of time in his cute lil cafe.

I mean, it was only a matter of time before The Roost, but good to see it confirmed!
SO sad it's not going to be it's own building, though 😢 We need more buildings.

But I'm pumped for the direct~ A direct just to announce The Roost seems a bit silly and excessive... so I'm thinking there may be more to it than just that!
(in other news, that Kirby games looks very promising)

I have no space for more buildings though so I'm glad it's being added to the museum. Which is where I guessed it would be all along. Now we need a gift shop added to the opposite side (up the stairs and to the right) in the museum. Maybe Celeste would run it. Or Pelly, Phyllis and Pete.

Maybe we'll finally get Nookingtons too!

The last few directs all had a runtime for over 30 minutes. If they are actually able to talk about animal crossing for the same amount of time, then I guess there will be al lot of new content.

This makes me really happy and I almost screamed when I heard the Roost music LOL looking forward to the direct!

Aaaachh he is baaack ! And his cafe looks divine, i like that it will be open 24H very convenient and the music? The one once you entered the cafe, i really hope they keep that music cause it was so peaceful and just enjoyable.

ach but whata small teaser hahaha i am dying for more, i am just wondering what else they have in store for us and really hope that the update will be ofcs more than just brewster and that my old pal Brewster has been aded with ton of new interactive mechanics and a new twist in the series since it took him soo long to arrive.

really lookimg forward for this update and to explore all it will bring us, i have a feeling they made it very vague to surprise and delight us :)

I think the last time Animal Crossing got a Direct was before the game launched and it was around 30 minutes. I'm not sure it will be that long this time, but the fact they chose to call it a Direct is very good news.
Anything is better than the tweet or website post about seasonal items. I am very excited to see what they have for us.

Ah, The Roost has such a laid-back tune - was lovely to hear that reappear. If the background is any indication of the actual interior (which I imagine it would be), I'm going to relaunch my game to chill here. Dark wood and olive green are such a cozy combination. Perfect time of year to bring it back too!

Will be interesting to see what all they add as there's an entire direct dedicated to New Horizons. I could see them adding mini-games similar to New Leaf and wouldn't say no to gyroids making an appearance. (y)

If it was just Brewster, then why not announce it now instead of doing a separate direct in Oct? Something tells me there is more.

Exactly. They wouldn't need an entire Direct to say "Here's a café you can get coffee at". That would fit into a 2 minute trailer like they've done in the past with things like Redd/Art for example. Something tells me the Direct will be about 20 minutes long, so they may have a lot to show off.

So I've missed a lot in the last few days or so but so far I'm loving the teaser update for Brewster, the game needed a boost like this and hopefully it will do the trick once we find out more in October and just in time for Halloween too. 🎃👻

Either way though I can't wait to hear more about Brewster's comeback and his cafe becoming part of the museum! 🥳

Back