pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

When I make burgers or sandwiches for myself, I don't like going crazy with ingredients. For example, all I need is a single slice of yellow cheese, some ham or hard salami and mayonnaise on a sandwich. Simple and satisfying!

Then I got someone telling me, "Why don't you add other things too omg???"

No thanks, I like to keep it simple.

Then they say, "Oh.... Well, I guess you don't like flavor" 🫤

Basically, when people act like they know your own taste buds better than you do.

The amount of gatekeeping when it comes to nostalgia, especially 90s nostalgia. It's almost as if anyone who wasn't born yet or born later on in a decade isn't allowed to enjoy anything from said decade. Not to mention these kinds of people will brag about how they were born in the early/mid/late 80s-early 90s, so they got to experience most of, if not all of the 90s.

Like, congratulations! You popped out of your mother's womb in 1989, which means you were alive for pretty much the entire 90s! You want a gold medal or something? 😑

It's not like everything in the 90s just magically disappeared the second the 90s ended, and people who were born in the 2000s or later like myself can still enjoy stuff, despite not being born yet or being way too young to experience it.

The amount of gatekeeping when it comes to nostalgia, especially 90s nostalgia. It's almost as if anyone who wasn't born yet or born later on in a decade isn't allowed to enjoy anything from said decade. Not to mention these kinds of people will brag about how they were born in the early/mid/late 80s-early 90s, so they got to experience most of, if not all of the 90s.

Like, congratulations! You popped out of your mother's womb in 1989, which means you were alive for pretty much the entire 90s! You want a gold medal or something? 😑

It's not like everything in the 90s just magically disappeared the second the 90s ended, and people who were born in the 2000s or later like myself can still enjoy stuff, despite not being born yet or being way too young to experience it.

^This, even though my DOB is the example year. lol
This especially goes for most of those that are a bit older than me. Talking about you Reddit and other places where some of these people crawl.

Clothes shopping can be a nightmare sometimes. Considering that I'm slightly overweight not to mention I have a large chest and big butt, I feel like clothes shopping for me can be somewhat difficult. For example, when I go to a store or an online website/app to shop for clothes, 9 times out of 10, I'm gonna find some shirt, skirt, dress, or pair of pants/shorts that are either:

A. not my size
B. don't fit my style
C. really expensive

I especially find it difficult to shop for jeans. Because jeans sizes have zero consistency, I basically have to play Russian roulette when it comes to finding the "right" sized jeans. Jeans sizes can vary especially when it comes to brands. And the worst part about jeans is not knowing whether or not you need to size up or size down depending on the brand of jeans you're thinking about buying. I might as well just stop buying jeans and stick with bottoms that I feel more comfortable wearing (cargo pants, skorts, leggings, that kind of stuff).

Back