• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

Absolutely. I wish they'd take their time instead of pumping out a game a year. It would really help their games' quality.
For core game installments, they've been released every 3-4 years since gen 1. Not sure what you mean by it affecting their games quality because this has never changed...

Let's review Iono's hints

1. It's squishy (Pikachu isn't squishy)

2. It's not Magnemite (nah that'd be too easy)

3. It's sluggish and easygoing

4. It has two things on its head that people mistake for eyes

5. It's ELECTRIC!

6. It's body expands and contracts when generating electricity inside of its stomach

7. It's very cute

Since its an Electric type we can rule out previous Pokémon. It can't be Ampharos or Flaaffy because the 2 things on its head dont resemble eyes. It can't be Electivire either. So it has to be a new Pokémon. Number 6 is the biggest clue. I'm thinking it might be a frog, specifically the Iberian frog. It's also known as the Iberian stream frog. Get it? A stream frog for a streamer? The bumps on its head may be warts and when it croaks its body expands to generate electricity. It could also be a regional form of Seismitoad, but Seismitoad isn't that cute (well, Vtuber level of cuteness)...

For core game installments, they've been released every 3-4 years since gen 1. Not sure what you mean by it affecting their games quality because this has never changed...
We’ve gotten some sort of main series content (whether it’s full games or major content for main series games) every year since 2016.

We’ve gotten some sort of main series content (whether it’s full games or major content for main series games) every year since 2016.
I’m not referring to content, I’m referring to gen to gen releases. Nowadays, content is held back on purpose to be released later for extra $$$ and to keep people coming back until the next core game is released.

Let's review Iono's hints

1. It's squishy (Pikachu isn't squishy)

2. It's not Magnemite (nah that'd be too easy)

3. It's sluggish and easygoing

4. It has two things on its head that people mistake for eyes

5. It's ELECTRIC!

6. It's body expands and contracts when generating electricity inside of its stomach

7. It's very cute

Since its an Electric type we can rule out previous Pokémon. It can't be Ampharos or Flaaffy because the 2 things on its head dont resemble eyes. It can't be Electivire either. So it has to be a new Pokémon. Number 6 is the biggest clue. I'm thinking it might be a frog, specifically the Iberian frog. It's also known as the Iberian stream frog. Get it? A stream frog for a streamer? The bumps on its head may be warts and when it croaks its body expands to generate electricity. It could also be a regional form of Seismitoad, but Seismitoad isn't that cute (well, Vtuber level of cuteness)...
i love how you think about it! i really want to comment on it but im pretty sure i know it from leaks and not sure if people like talking about leaks here or if its even allowed so i refrain from doing it c: i hope they just reveal it tomorrow!

i love how you think about it! i really want to comment on it but im pretty sure i know it from leaks and not sure if people like talking about leaks here or if its even allowed so i refrain from doing it c: i hope they just reveal it tomorrow!
Anything relating to leaks is fine as long as its in spoiler tags. The datamine will be only several weeks away anyway so discussing leaks won't bother me. Other users here can be somewhat sensitive about it so be sure to use spoiler tags when discussing leaked info.

Anything relating to leaks is fine as long as its in spoiler tags. The datamine will be only several weeks away anyway so discussing leaks won't bother me. Other users here can be somewhat sensitive about it so be sure to use spoiler tags when discussing leaked info.
And when it comes to sensitive users, I happen to be one of them.
Fun fact, I used to want to know just about everything prior to a new game’s release. This was back during my 2016-early 2020 phase. But I have refrained from this behavior because of the legitimacy of leaks and because it makes more sense to not view them or else the pun would be spoiled.

ok so ill put it in a spoiler got it!

soo pretty sure you are spot on with the frog theory! there was a leak about an electric frog a while ago so im pretty sure we are gonna get that or maybe the pre evolution is a tadpole? that would be cute!

in other news

they are gonna announce the partner pokemon tomorrow it seems!

Meet Bellibolt
Iono-Partner-Pokemon.jpg

Apparently the eyes aren't eyes...its the eyes that look like a nose that are the real eyes. Almost looks like a Ditto cosplaying as a frog.

It reminds me of beta-Politoed
images (1).jpeg

A design I wished was real...

I don't hate this design...but the eyes of this "frog" mon being Ditto eyes is sort of unnerving.

no matter how much i stare, i cannot see the 'nose' as eyes. (i mean, i can, but i have to force myself, if that makes sense.) i'm sure it's to do with something-something, deterring predators, sort of like how some butterflies have those sometimes terrifying fake eyes on their wings, but with this design it just... doesn't work? i'm pretty sure it's to do with the color, because they're the exact same yellow as the mouth and the fake eyes. imo it would've made more sense to have the mouth and real eyes be a different color to the fake ones. (or have the fake eyes on the sides instead of facing forward, because that kind of defeats the purpose of them. or swap the design of the fake eyes and real ones.) idk idk, it's a cute design otherwise, but i'm definitely not gonna remember that those are fake eyes, that's for sure.

(also, i know snek said it reminds them of ditto, but it's giving me chansey vibes lmao. especially if you cover the fake eyes. like that is just green chansey 😭)

no matter how much i stare, i cannot see the 'nose' as eyes. (i mean, i can, but i have to force myself, if that makes sense.) i'm sure it's to do with something-something, deterring predators, sort of like how some butterflies have those sometimes terrifying fake eyes on their wings, but with this design it just... doesn't work? i'm pretty sure it's to do with the color, because they're the exact same yellow as the mouth and the fake eyes. imo it would've made more sense to have the mouth and real eyes be a different color to the fake ones. (or have the fake eyes on the sides instead of facing forward, because that kind of defeats the purpose of them. or swap the design of the fake eyes and real ones.) idk idk, it's a cute design otherwise, but i'm definitely not gonna remember that those are fake eyes, that's for sure.

(also, i know snek said it reminds them of ditto, but it's giving me chansey vibes lmao. especially if you cover the fake eyes. like that is just green chansey 😭)

this tweet made it easy to see :D i think its really cute and derpy haha

I can see Chansey in it too. Its a cute design but completely unexpected. I really want the fake eyes to be the real ones though...

this tweet made it easy to see :D i think its really cute and derpy haha
no, i still can't focus on it 😭 my eyes/brain still automatically go to the fake ones; i don't think it helps that they're more detailed, implying that they should be the real ones. and while i do agree that it's a cute design, something about it doesn't seem very pokemon-y to me for some reason. couldn't tell you what though. i still think it would make more sense for the fake pupils to be on the sides though; fake eyes on insects/animals are usually where they aren't normally looking, which is the point. (i.e. tigers have them on the backs of their ears, caterpillars on the top of their 'head' etc.)

also do not google 'animals with false eyes' unless you wanna be creeped out, lord i am uNcOmFoRtAbLe

Frog + chubby wubby + electric + derpy 🐸⚡ = one happy panda! I can't get enough of it!

How long has it been since we've seen such a happy expression akin to Ditto and Chansey? Even Kirby! 😊 it'd be perfect if Bellibolt is either a standalone mon with no evolutionary family or if it's the final stage of an otherwise unannounced pre-evolution. I wouldn't want it to evolve and lose that happy smile and round body.

Like Tympole, Palpitoad and Seismitoad, Bellibolt be vibing and jamming to tunes with them headphones 🎶

Here is pic of it using electricity
p04_01-2x.jpg

Looks like it really is a frog...
20221014_092914.jpg

And its pure Electric. Again. Another pure Electric. How tiring 😮‍💨

However...it basically get Charge as an ability! I think Electromorphosis is activited by physical contact moves.
20221014_092949.jpg

So, I just watched the new trailer. It looks decent and Bellibolt is simple yet interesting. I’m glad it’s not Electric/Poison, I was thinking so from a thumbnail of an aDrive video discussing leaks (I didn’t watch it for obvious reasons). I get how I’ve seen Snek mention they are tired of it being yet another pure Electric type, but I honestly am not affected because of what I said earlier. Anyways, what does the official page of Iono say?
Edit: I read the page myself. Guarantees the character is a girl. I also wanted to point out that when reading it, I thought it would be like Moxie2D’s description of Iono in his video where he redesign her in the way he imagined her. It looks like this isn’t the case, and that I think is good. I also want to point out how the city she is the gym leader for, Levincia, is a near/partial anagram of Valencia, a major city in the southeastern part of Spain, and to an extent, maybe also references the region of Spain known as the Valencia’s Community, in which Valencia is the capital of.

I might just also add that she is growing in me and that she is the character for the Japanese fan base for better distribution on motifs from what I have been exposed to.

Last edited:
Do you think Pokemon designs are becoming lazier? Or is it just Gen 9 designs in particular?
I found this picture of Chansey and Bellibolt standing next to each other.
this-was-my-first-thought-when-seing-bellibolt-and-i-cant-v0-la5g8j0obst91.png

I don't mind them re-using concepts, but designs though? I'm not sure...

Do you think Pokemon designs are becoming lazier? Or is it just Gen 9 designs in particular?
I found this picture of Chansey and Bellibolt standing next to each other.
View attachment 463551

I don't mind them re-using concepts, but designs though? I'm not sure...
I honestly don’t think the new Pokémon’s designs are getting lazier every time. I think it’s just Bellibolt at least for you.

Back