• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

I defeated the 6th, 7th, and 8th gyms! Now I can challenge the Pokemon League! Also finished off Team Star once and for all. And I also achieved my dream team! Just need my Zweilous to evolve into a Hydreigon. : P

azXZ0Nn.jpg

qwiGZvT.jpg

rzKgwaK.jpg

Pdq5ocl.jpg

cx4ULRT.jpg

(I haven't battled the Titan Pokemon yet, but I'll probably do that later)

After a big hiatus in the main game series since SM (I'm not including PLA and BDSP as I see them as more of spin-offs), I think I'm ready to dive back in with Pokemon Violet. Will probably be picking up the game in a few hours. I had a blast with PLA and everything being 3D and overworld, it's refreshing to be out in the open doing basically whatever you want to do. The gym leaders not scaling with level are actually a pro for me because I'm not so big anymore on battling, I'd much prefer caring for my Pokemon and travelling the world with them.

I'm aware of the all the bugs and glitches of the game and I know they are terrible, but somehow I'm not too bothered by them personally. Obviously I want them all to be patched, and I'm quite disappointed a large franchise is selling a game with that kind of quality, but so far from what I've watched, it's not an absolute deal breaker for me. I'm pretty sure I can look past it. Maybe. I hope so.

I was just surprised that the game is like $47 where I live. I guess the lower price makes up for the bad graphics, lmao. Still, hoping to get a good number of hours from this game because I am a sucker for world exploration.

I just want to say

So I love Fuecoco's evolution.

And I can absolutely accept Sprigatito.

But jesus christ I hate the Quaxly's final evolution.

My game crashed for the first time today. It just closed the software out of nowhere. Thankfully I had recently saved, but I did have to complete the fourth gym again. I hope it doesn’t happen again. I’ll just save more often.

I picked Fuecoco because I want to like it’s final evo but god I hate it. It just looks dumb to me, wish I’d picked Sprigatito

EDIT: LMAO soon as I posted this I got a sprigatito on wonder trade. BYE DUMB CROC

Just picked up the phone cases for previous save files in the main city. Love the Arceus one.

Just finished the main three paths of the game and the final path, thereby completing the game and having the end credits roll! That was a lot of fun. Here's the last screenshots I'll share for now, including one of my final champion team. :D

LaJ4cVy.jpg

PEGggXb.jpg

Sttqhjs.jpg

probably in the minority here, but after breeding for female eevees last night, i really miss the daycares. the picnic feels so much slower. you literally have to afk and wait for x amount of time to get an egg, and it doesn't even go into your party! so, then, when you're finally done, you have to manually move them in. (auto-heal but no auto move to box/party button? smh.) masuda method is already tedious imo but at least in swsh it could be done with some speed. i'd much rather take the 5 seconds to fast travel to a certain location for a speedier process overall than use the picnic 😔

probably in the minority here, but after breeding for female eevees last night, i really miss the daycares. the picnic feels so much slower. you literally have to afk and wait for x amount of time to get an egg, and it doesn't even go into your party! so, then, when you're finally done, you have to manually move them in. (auto-heal but no auto move to box/party button? smh.) masuda method is already tedious imo but at least in swsh it could be done with some speed. i'd much rather take the 5 seconds to fast travel to a certain location for a speedier process overall than use the picnic 😔
I haven’t tried breeding yet in S/V, but I don’t know what the rationale behind getting rid of daycares was. They were such a staple, and just - idk, made sense. It’d be nice to have a toggle option to turn on auto-move at least. I mean, they know what grinds our gears after all these years, right? *grumbles* 😒

I haven’t tried breeding yet in S/V, but I don’t know what the rationale behind getting rid of daycares was. They were such a staple, and just - idk, made sense. It’d be nice to have a toggle option to turn on auto-move at least. I mean, they know what grinds our gears after all these years, right? *grumbles* 😒
you also (realistically) have to have only the breeding pokemon in your party, so you have to switch them in/out too instead of just being able to dump them into the daycare and not worry about it, and idk if there's a flame body advantage even with talonflame in the game. the daycare was so simple, idk why they've decided to over-complicate it lmao, and i'm pretty sure i read that it even spoils shinies because the basket glows if you get an egg that contains one.

overall, i'm not keen on how they've... downsized? pokemon centers, daycares and shops. yeah, it's more streamlined (except with daycares lmao; i haven't timed it, personally, but it definitely feels longer), but it also now lacks character. those poor workers standing up outside all day at the gas stations lol. and, personally, i would've liked to see the interiors of all these fancy food places. feels like they put way too much time into what i consider a way too big map (and even that's lacking in terms of foliage from where i've been so far), and a lot of other aspects suffered for it.

Finished Victory Road and Titan paths. I only have Fighting Team Star now.

In an area with no wifi so I cant post for now

My current team:
Quaquaval - Jolly
Pawmot - Naive
Revavroom - Impish
Orthworm - Jolly
Scovillain - Timid
Lokix - Jolly

All are above Level 60. Just going around and exploring before finishing the game

oh, also forgot to mention that i did encounter my first two glitches. first was in multiplayer; my sister was riding around me, but her legendary wasn't showing, so she was just riding in mid-air. second was near the port. the ground just dipped out, so i could see the town that was on a lower level through it lmao.

I've jumped into this one completely blind but I already know I'm going to sink a lot of time into it. The newest Pokémon game I've played is Shield so the idea of an open world in a monster catching RPG is brand new to me (and also unexpected because I did zero research on this game!). Although my first thought—with the infinite wisdom that comes with one hour of playtime—is that it feels like it was designed with the intention of being played handheld rather docked. So, I'm now wondering if the reason recent Pokémon games tend to feel off is because the developers haven't really adapted to this move to a hybrid console.

I really wish Pokémon games would utilise cloud saves. I was hoping Scarlet/Violet would change this but nope! I understand why they don't utilise this feature, but manually transferring my save back and forth between my main Switch (remains docked) and my Switch Lite makes me nervous that the data is going to corrupt.

Also, when can I take off this ugly hat and get some big boy pants? Running around in shorts is not my vibe.

Musings and complaints aside, I chose Sprigatito. I hope he stays cute. 🤞

If you're like me and never check the actual Pokédex, you may wanna know that there are rewards in there:

CxtuRuA.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Also, when can I take off this ugly hat and get some big boy pants? Running around in shorts is not my vibe.

You can take off your hat in the dressing menu, available by pressing the left button. There are also the other school uniform options that you can freely choose from despite being named after seasons.

This was present back in Sword/Shield, lol (I believe that's when it started, someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
That makes a lot of sense - I had my full team a lot earlier there, so I wouldn't have noticed it. I finally decided to properly trek to the gyms and finish them (I missed so many and flew through them) so at least all of my team are finally obeying me.

Also, Arven:

When the Pokéball dropped, I was so sure that the screen was about to fade and that would be the end of Mabosstiff. So far, that scene has been the best thing about this game, it was beautifully done imho.

I kinda hate running into a Pokémon for it to turn into a Ditto. Not sure if there's an indicator, but I'm just trying to catch missing Pokémon.

I finished some stuff in the post-game.

Namely, I beat all the gym leaders again and won the Ace Tournament on my first try. I thought I would have to send out my secret weapon, Tokoyami the Roaring Moon, against the top champion, but thankfully my Espathra, Ryukyu, outsped and finished off her last Pokemon. Now I'm being asked to assist with dangerous Tera raids. Should be lots of fun. :D

Speaking of Roaring Moon, it's probably my favorite Paradox Pokemon out of all of them. It reminds me a lot of Hydreigon because it has the same typing, which is what I love most about it.

hxh9wbj.jpg

Sjnej6N.jpg

LSvoofX.jpg

This team is made up entirely of new Pokemon from Scarlet/Violet now, and it's literally so strong, fast, and bulky... 😤

Back