• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

was swimming with my vaporeon, and what i can only assume are supposed to be reflections did not translate right, so in battles she kept ending up with eight legs and a whole duplicate body dipping in/out of view asdfghjk

was swimming with my vaporeon, and what i can only assume are supposed to be reflections did not translate right, so in battles she kept ending up with eight legs and a whole duplicate body dipping in/out of view asdfghjk
This sounds so immersion breaking for me.

I wouldn't mind trying this game. Has their been any statement by Nintendo/GF about this or if they're planning on a patch? Or is this another one of those we already got your money kind of deals?

-Snip-

One gripe with the game, though. Using the map..... It's pretty clunky and I still get lost and can't orient myself properly in the direction I want to go sometimes. Paldea is massive, I feel I have yet to even scratch the surface. So far, I completed 1/5 Titans, 3/8 Gyms and 0/5 Team Star bases. Can't wait to explore even more and discover all the Pokémon inhabiting the region. Discovering and collecting Pokémon, and learning about the lore are the best parts to me about any Pokémon game. While I didn't play SwSh, I did look up and read about the Gen 8 Pokémon, such as their Bulbapedia information, typings/abilities, Pokedex entries and the concept/lore behind their designs.

A big PSA for the map that has helped me immensely is to press the right stick in. It locks North to well North. I got so confused when the map would just freely rotate around. I’m not sure why the North lock isn’t on by default imo.

My gen 9 signature mon has arrived!

My OCD is sometimes unbearable. I SRed so many times to get it and finally the RNG god granted my prayer and gave me a Timid Gimmighoul (with a perfect Sp.Def IV no less). Gathered 999 coins and leveled it up.
316949995_10229114020897002_1334126466412628281_n.jpg
So nice. I was a little disappointed when I saw it in the leaks but now my heart has completely warmed up to it. As you can see Timid or Modest is perfect for it. I know the mints exist but again I stress my OCD...
316937971_10229114026377139_5853924444378479348_n.jpg
Its going to replace Kingambit as my lead mon dsspite King getting the Reliable Partner mark at random.

I havent finished the dex yet but theres no hurry. I think I'll start breeding exclusives now to help out Scarlet players.

Where exactly did you find this on the map? I searched for hours and had no luck.
So far me personally i have only seen it in tera raids and its hard to get it, i guess as soon as it pops everyone tries to get in 😅. I really like the black taurus but this one im obsessed, cant wait to get my hands on it 🤩

Where exactly did you find this on the map? I searched for hours and had no luck.
You have to search herds of Tauros. If youre playing Violet, Aqua Breed sometimes mixes itself in with regular Paldean Tauros. I got mine by the port city with the auctions.
Post automatically merged:

So far me personally i have only seen it in tera raids and its hard to get it, i guess as soon as it pops everyone tries to get in 😅. I really like the black taurus but this one im obsessed, cant wait to get my hands on it 🤩
Of the three new Tauros, my favourite is Water Tauros by far. I will still try to get the Fire one but the Water one is much cooler

Last edited:
You have to search herds of Tauros. If youre playing Violet, Aqua Breed sometimes mixes itself in with regular Paldean Tauros. I got mine by the port city with the auctions.

Of the three new Tauros, my favourite is Water Tauros by far. I will still try to get the Fire one but the Water one is much cooler
I think I did try that area, I guess luck was not on my side. Hopefully it will appear sometime.
I didn't think it will be in tera raids, so I'll have to look there as well.

I finally got Adamant and Jolly natured Aqua Breed Tauros! After doing some breeding in this game I realise that some may not like it but I actually prefer this kind of breeding. Instead of going to the daycare worker for each egg I can just put my game on idle, do other things, and come back to get them in multiple. I just cant wait until HOME gets connected so I can bring over my 5 IV Dittos

Last edited:
I mentioned this already but I really love special little touches and details in games. As I was exploring a new area, it suddenly began storming and it got really windy, and nearby were groups of Hoppip and Skiploom. They were visibly struggling to fight against the wind but one by one they were blown away. I loved seeing that because it's based on their Pokedex entries, how these Pokémon are so light that just a tiny gust of wind could carry them away. That was so cool to see, and it made me feel bad for them 😅 I couldn't snap a pic of it in time, but I'll never forget the experience.

Here are a couple of pics of my adventure so far, my personal Treasure Hunt, which is getting to witness the incredible things in the world of Pokémon and learning more about the lore. These were particularly fun and I couldn't wait to share them!

When I tell you I squealed out loud when I found this cutie I squeeeealed!!! Axew is one of my absolute favorites! 🥰 come on, growl with me, Axew! But he too busy being baby to look tough for the camera lol

2022112421190900-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

Uh-oh **** is about to go down...

2022112421450700-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

Okay so when did I suddenly start playing Mother 3?? If I pull out all the Needles, will I unleash death upon Paldea? Well it's either that or school soooo.......

2022112421505700-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

And wouldn't you know it, I found Satori Mountain! This game has everything!! The Legend of Pokémon: Breath of the Death ☠️

2022112422054400-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

Tera raid shields are sort of broken if youre not playing multiplayer. Its my only real complaint of Tera raid battles. GF shouldn't force players to play in multiplayer. Thats a personal decision for the player. Even so...if you're in a high star Tera den that your mon isnt supereffective against or if it has a bad Tera matchup don't expect an easy time. I had to pass a 6 star Normal tera Vaporeon because of that. Other than that issue Tera raids are great for farming HAs. I got a female Rocky Payload Bombirdier from a 6 star and it has 5 IVs. Its easy to get good mons as long as you can win those 6 star dens.

I wish pokemon would go with the season regarding weather and seasons. Would be so cool if we had winter at the same time and such.
Honestly I think it would be kinda cool to see a spin off that was a mash up of AC and Pokemon. Like you have to build little homes or habitats for pokemon you want to attract to your garden or whatever. With love and time spent in in your thing you built for them, they can evolve. Pokemon having compatibility with other pokemon and not others.

It's really weird...this is like the first time I haven't bought the new Pokemon game on release day. Part of that is just saving my money because I'm out of work. But another part of that is just a choice, honestly. I somehow just haven't felt compelled to get it yet.

It's really weird...this is like the first time I haven't bought the new Pokemon game on release day. Part of that is just saving my money because I'm out of work. But another part of that is just a choice, honestly. I somehow just haven't felt compelled to get it yet.

I felt the same about Gen VIII. Never did end up getting any of those games...

*screams internally*
317253507_10229130984121072_7831684063006878231_n.jpg

317239320_10229130988481181_8274961339702571524_n.jpg

Gholdengo was a good boy and beat up the demonic flowers. Now on to the fire goldfish. I finally found the last stake without a guide so now I'll be SRing until my OCD is satisfied.

I wish pokemon would go with the season regarding weather and seasons. Would be so cool if we had winter at the same time and such.
I was thinking this when I saw the autumn area of the game. It reminded me so much of the Unova games. I really, really hope they learned their lesson from BDSP and make proper Gen 5 remakes with seasons and everything. An open world and retconned Unova would be perfect.

Last edited:
I’m just EXP farming some Chansey’s at the moment. Poor Chansey, but she gives lots of EXP.

I still have to beat the Pokémon League Elite Four, lol. I’m not in any rush to do so. I’ve just been level grinding a bunch of Pokémon.

Last edited:
Decided to give up on the goldfish for awhile so I got to do some Gen9 breeding. I picked up a female Weak Armor Ceruledge in a raid den but I wanted to do my little hammer fairy first since its the easiest to do. Got four 5-IV Adamant Mold Breakers in a few minutes. Look how cute they are!
317358052_10229138183021040_7436588258865375469_n.jpg

My how they grow up so fast...
317495971_10229138198021415_2018365838691015570_n.jpg

Tried out Mirror Herb picnic moves with them and all I can say is that breeding so much better. Still wished that eggs didnt take up party space though.

Went around to look for Easter eggs
317081614_10229138206341623_3251850103034428462_n.jpg

Gen Ten
317403071_10229138202941538_5205124018586092786_n.jpg

Thats my prediction though..
Going to do some Charcadet/Ceruledge breeding.

If there's one thing they did right in this game graphics-wise, it's the beautiful night sky. Took a moment to look up and I was astounded by the view.

FilQv_XaYAAptpr

I also spent quite a sum on clothes today lol. I was feeling cute and took a selfie with my shiny Glimmora, Seafoam!
Fiol3ewakAAyTN2

Lastly, here's how my party's looking so far. I'm not too sure if I'm keeping Glimmora on my team, but the rest of the Pokemon I really love. Somehow had a blue/pink/white color scheme and I'm happy about it! Just need to evolve my Cetoddle, Bebu.
Fiol3fCaAAAbzRN

Let me introduce you all to the newest addition to my reptilian familia! While I was exploring around Glaseado Mountain I spotted a small, round and really adorable dinosaur waddling around! - it was my very first encounter with a Frigibax! I loved it immediately!! Then I thought, "Hmmm I haven't tried Pokémon breeding yet" and that's when I had the idea of raising one of these guys from an egg. I caught a male and female Frigibax, made a sandwich that granted me lv. 2 Egg Power, and man they both got right down to work breeding lol that's the power of food and love. And thus, this little guy was born! In keeping with the theme of naming my partners a kind of food/drink in Spanish, I named him "Granizado" which is the term for shaved ice/frozen drink in Spain! Gave him his first shower and it made him really happy! 🥰

2022112615313900-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

Everyone watching as he scampered his way to that ball, he's so full of determination! He was born with the Impish nature, so he'll have extra defense to really take hits, and he loves taking plenty of siestas which means he has a bit more HP than usual, perfect for me because I'm all about having a tanky build on at least one of my Pokémon. Plus it helps that I gave him an Eviolite to hold, which will help him out all throughout the first and second stage of his evolutionary path, until he reaches his final stage at lv. 54

2022112615155300-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

Fresh out of the egg and he loves me already! He is just too adorable, what a great Pokémon! 💞

2022112615182600-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

He tried showing me his best "grrrr" face! Well little baby grow up big and strong so you can unleash your inner kaiju all across Paldea and freeze your foes into submission! 🥰

2022112620410700-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

If there's one thing they did right in this game graphics-wise, it's the beautiful night sky. Took a moment to look up and I was astounded by the view.

FilQv_XaYAAptpr

I also spent quite a sum on clothes today lol. I was feeling cute and took a selfie with my shiny Glimmora, Seafoam!
Fiol3ewakAAyTN2

Lastly, here's how my party's looking so far. I'm not too sure if I'm keeping Glimmora on my team, but the rest of the Pokemon I really love. Somehow had a blue/pink/white color scheme and I'm happy about it! Just need to evolve my Cetoddle, Bebu.
Fiol3fCaAAAbzRN
Regarding your comment on the sky, the lens flare can cause some issues. I got a post quality warning(?) so no video.

Back