• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

I've been surprise trading a lot since I have a side quest to collect as many of the international entries as possible, and I've got a few decent ones lately. But oh my gosh, please no more Eevees, Charmanders or Sprigatitos. I've got a Charmander in nearly every ball (including apriballs).

Some of the better things I've gotten: Paradox ones, Johto Wooper with the original rare candy still held, gourmand marked Sprigatito, foreign fully hyper trained Ditto (don't think they'll pass down, but it's still cool to see), a Dunsparce that actually evolved into three-segment Dudunsparce, several marked mons, and a few fun nicknamed critters (one of my favourite things to receive on surprise trade tbh).

I have to say that while the games don't run perfectly, I'm pretty invested in the characters. I think they're all written really well with interesting and fun background stories, and when I read their dialogue I can hear their voices vividly in my head, I can perceive just how each character would sound like if there was voice acting. That's a sign of careful attention to detail and good writing, it means the writers cared enough about the characters they designed, which is one of the aspects that is important to me in games, books, movies etc. I especially really enjoy interacting with the academy staff. Each teacher just oozes with personality. I keep coming back for more quality time together with each one. When a game makes me want to get to know its characters, that's always a great feeling.

Now, say hello to my final team member, Frijoles the Croagunk! Croagunk was not something I had planned to add to my party, but then again I just let my teams build themselves as I play any Pokémon game. It walks with SWAG and I've really been wanting some frog representation on my team, plus I've always liked him and Toxicroak so he was the perfect candidate! It's my first time training one, and I knew going in he was going to be frail, but I taught him Bulk up and Baton Pass so if things get too risky for him out in the battlefield he can pass the baton and boosted stats to another teammate, such as my Drednaw who has the ability Shell Armor and holding an Assault Vest, making him a complete tank. I taught him Drain Punch so with his increased attack he can deal serious damage and heal himself at the same time. Also, he has the ability Dry Skin, making him immune to water moves. Taking a shower must feel extra good for him! 🥰

2022120122150100-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

Move over, surprised Pikachu... Here comes surprised Appletun! 😳🤣

2022120122080500-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

My Toxtricity is such a punk he for real scratched his armpit right in front of me 😂 because all the girls want bad boys lol

2022120121455400-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

I went on quickly today to do the terra raid events.
I think I have done most things that are to do now except for completing the Pokedex which I am taking my time on.
I think I have about 100 species left, so I am almost done!

Got a simple question here that an internet search has been fruitless to answer.

Does anyone know where to buy different color dishes for the picnics? I'm getting tired of the ugly default green one. The Picnic-Knacks store in Mesagoza doesn't seem to have dishes.

I'm still very early in the game because I'm breeding HA starters for my team.

Serebii posted the following codes on Twitter and the online Site.
LETTUCEBAC0N - Random food items Expires Dec 18 2022
T0MAT0SL1CE - Random food items Expires Dec 18,2022
PEANUTBUTTER - Random Food items Expires Dec 18,2022
SALTV1NEGAR- Random Food Items Expires Dec 18,2022
READY4RA1D- 20,000 League Points Expires Jan 31st, 2023

Charizard raids are back for those who don’t know. Last time I missed out as I was not ready but this time thankfully I was. I had a fully built shiny Scream Tail (purely support) and it’s amazing. It also helps that the randoms in my raid had another person who was willing to switch out from an attacker to support as well before the raid started. We beat it with ease. No one died at all and we had tons of time left by the end. Please don’t sleep on your supporters in these raids.

08992CD6-8AB2-4010-8946-C9F27B41911C.jpeg

We beat him just seconds after this screenshot. Was pretty awesome!

I’ve been shiny hunting Varoom for 2 hours and Game Freak really chose violence making this Pokémon travel 200mph directly at you … I just got stuck in 8 battles consecutively because I physically couldn’t move without being ran over :’ )

I just started Scarlet yesterday. I haven't made it past the start of Los Platos yet since I've spent way too much time hanging around the Buizel spawns by the river just outside the town, but for what little I have played so far I'm really enjoying it. I ended up choosing Quaxly as my starter and named him Revali, because his final evolution reminds me of Revali from Breath of the Wild.

Trying to start my Scarlet playthrough myself, I just need a HA Hattena for my team but cannot for the life of me find anything in my Violet’s den or online.

It’s gonna be this though:

Meowscarada, Talonflame, Dragapult, Toxapex, Hatterene, and probably Magnezone or my shiny Mareep for last. I’ve used new Pokémon for the “futuristic” Violet and now I’m gonna go Pokémon I’ve used in the past games for the “ancient” Scarlet. I’d love to add Zoroark/Umbreon/Krookodile but Meowscarada is already filling in for Dark type. I WAS considering using all Dark type but eh.

Last edited:
Okay I know I'm very late to this since I came back but I am just going to give my honest thoughts on Scarlet and Violet.

I do like Scarlet and Violet but I am not pleased with the way it handles and the people at Game Freak should've delayed the game just giving it more polish.In my 8 hours of playing Scarlet and Violet I noticed that there was a lot of pop ins, glitches with the NPCs walking weird, Poor FPS in the cutscenes, and I noticed that the shadows disappear whenever you walk closer to them and sometimes if you walk far away they reappear again. I didn't think it would be this bad but my goodness its really that bad performance and graphical wise.

The problem I had with the game is the open world. While you can go where you want I had some trouble navigating. Trying to navigate in this game is a real pain. I get its open world and you can go anywhere, but there are things the game doesn't even tell you and you need certain skills in order to go to areas. Also there was no level scaling so it made hard to know what areas were easy or hard to even battle trainers and Pokemon. If there was like an algorithm where if you go to an area and the levels actually scaled it would've been better.

I will say I really don't like how they took away the whole "Throw a Pokeball at the Pokemon to catch it" from Legends Arceus and just went back to the same "Battle the Pokemon, Weaken it, and catch it" formula. Like come on that was the thing me and everyone else enjoyed? Some of the leftover features from PLA are still in SV like being able to crouch when walking and Pokemon can sometimes runaway from you or attack you (but in SV instead of attacking the trainer they just run up to you) Once again Game Freak has a bad habit of removing cool features from Pokemon,

Overall I am going to give this game a 6.5/10 it has a lot of issues like bad graphics, poor frame Rate and bugs/glitches, but at least it didn't stop me from playing the game since I found no game breaking issues. The story is okay for what it is, the characters are interesting and have personality, finally the music is pretty good.

Last edited:
I've finally decided to get this, and my copy of Violet is coming on Saturday. I think I will enjoy it for what it is, despite all of the shortcomings. But, with that said...I'm still feeling incredibly on-the-fence about many issues, and most of those issues have nothing to do with performance or graphics, or the technical side of things. Honestly, most of my issues are with the Pokemon franchise in general...releasing another game that only offers 400 creatures instead of the full number, or all of the common-sense quality-of-life stuff that seems to be missing.

Heck...even while I wait, I'm playing more Arceus, and this game is incredibly repetitive after the main story. I mean, tbf, all of the Pokemon games are repetitive. There isn't much to do, other than level up, evolve, shiny hunt, etc...but, something about the open world with the monsters that always spawn in the same places...it somehow makes it feel even worse. Like being unable to see what was in the grass somehow gave the illusion that you could find anything there. But...when you see the models walking around, it always presents itself as the same thing. I don't know.

I already know that I will have fun with Violet. I'm just being critical. But...the lack of a full dex in all of these newer games is a huge issue for me. They need to take a few years off from making anything, and they need to design a modern-day Pokemon game that features every single creature that we already have (even if they don't add any new ones at all). Also, I think they should do away with starters in general. Just let the player choose from any 1st stage Pokemon that can evolve two times. Let you have a Happiny, a Pichu, an Oddish, Dratini, etc. Literally just show the player a list and be like "pick one". - I don't think we always need the same formula of three new starter designs and a handful of forced legendaries. Like I said...I think they can make a new game that doesn't add any new Pokemon at all...and only focuses on bringing all of the pre-existing ones into one universe. I think most people want that more than anything else.

The new event is this weekend and I think starts tomorrow?
Does anyone have a build planned for it?

Back