Prize Booth

Hi all, I have another update about prizes this evening:

The date that certain physical prizes will be purchasable has been pushed back by one day to Monday, August 12th at 5PM EDT.

This was changed so tickets have time to be distributed for the final rounds of Count Inside the Bottle and Party Popping Puzzles. The IRL prizes still have yet to be added to the shop (simply because we haven't gotten around to it yet). Once they're listed in the shop, I'll make a more formal announcement about this date change. Thanks!

Oh my gosh, thank you for the date change!!! 🥹 I was doing some math and was stressing about being able to receive enough tickets before the prize drop 😅 It’s still going to be a tight margin, especially if I majorly flub Count Inside the Bottle and can’t get an Aug 10-start event entry accepted in time to make up for it, but this is much more doable!! 😁

I hope that’s not the case. I really got my hopes up for the shaker; I’m worried now I’ll not be able to get it
Yeah, it's clear that so many people want it and yet, only five are up for grabs. I don't think you were here for it, but during the 2022 TBT Fair, there was only one (or two?) custom standees available for purchase if I'm not wrong. And as you would've guessed, it was gone immediately after physical prizes were made available.

Honestly, I do want the custom shaker keychain, but I'm not getting my hopes up for it considering how quick people can be on here lol. I hope you can get that keychain. 🫂

Can’t they lower the prices of the Keychain and Snow Bunny Plush a bit? I’m doing every event EXCEPT for the LEGO one and I’m scared just that one event will set me back to not enough tickets. 96 seems like a tight squeeze. Even lowering it to 84 would make it accessible to a lot more people.

Can’t they lower the prices of the Keychain and Snow Bunny Plush a bit? I’m doing every event EXCEPT for the LEGO one and I’m scared just that one event will set me back to not enough tickets. 96 seems like a tight squeeze. Even lowering it to 84 would make it accessible to a lot more people.

I totally see where you’re coming from, but I’m also a little worried that the coveted prizes are going to sell out in an instant already. It seems like there’s going to be huge competition for the physical prizes since there are almost no collectibles to spend Tickets on. I’m trying not to worry about it ahead of time, but I’m curious what will happen given the large imbalance between collectibles available for Throwback Tickets and collectibles available for regular Tickets.

If somebody wants a rare Throwback collectible (let’s say I go for Inky and earn 180 tickets) but then the competition for the rare prizes is fierce and I can only score one enamel pin for 36 tickets, that leaves balloon dog for 24 tickets, the patch for 3 tickets…..and now I have 117 tickets left over to spend exclusively on duplicates of common balloon collectibles from a recent event that won’t really be sellable or tradable since everybody has tons of them even before this event. Or I can raffle them, but there’s no guarantee I’ll be lucky.

I feel like staff must be anticipating a pretty high success rate for the physical prizes since there are almost no backup options for Tickets—they’ve mentioned that there are far more prizes than past years with fewer people participating.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better, participation in every event except one should give you far more than the 96 tickets you need! Or did you mean that you’re going to want both? Because yeah, that will be tight. Although I honestly would prefer if we were limited to one of the highest value prizes given that so many others will probably not be able to grab either one if they sell out in an instant.

Anyway, if it makes you feel better, participation in every event except one should give you far more than the 96 tickets you need! Or did you mean that you’re going to want both? Because yeah, that will be tight. Although I honestly would prefer if we were limited to one of the highest value prizes given that so many others will probably not be able to grab either one if they sell out in an instant.
I meant every event currently open before August 12th, not the ones opening on August 10th because who knows if they’ll approve entries for those early on.

I meant every event currently open before August 12th, not the ones opening on August 10th because who knows if they’ll approve entries for those early on.
Yes, that’s a really good point. Makes me even more confused about the Ticket distribution. If all the uncommon physical prizes are gone halfway through the event, it seems like users would mostly be participating for Throwback Tickets and just happening to accrue a bunch of Tickets at the same time. It’s hard to imagine much of a trading scene around the Ticket collectibles since only one is new and tradeable.

I was very surprised to see that event winners don’t win Throwback Tickets. If they’ve entered a number of events, what are they going to spend 100+ Tickets on if not physical prizes? Seems like a little bit of a bummer to win a large amount of event currency but not have any new collectibles that use that currency.

Curious to see how it all unfolds! Like I said, staff seemed to think it’d be less competitive than previous years, so maybe things will look very different than what I’m able to imagine now.

I feel you. Some of the activities I might not be able to do at all, so I’m worried too about not having enough tickets and also the shaker keychain selling out right away before i can get one.

not to be a debbie downer, but I would recommend anyone seeking the shaker or the moonbunny to temper their expectations. you should still go for it, and if you get it in time, fantastic!

but I would hate for so many people to put forth an extraordinary effort and hinge their happiness on whether or not they get one of these items, only to feel horrible later. no one deserves to feel like a failure, or that your efforts were wasted, because it's not your fault when so many variables are out of your control (like internet connection speed, mod approval, getting correct guesses, etc). It makes me sad to see people stressing over it when it's largely out of your hands (aside from doing the activities on time).

not to be a debbie downer, but I would recommend anyone seeking the shaker or the moonbunny to temper their expectations. you should still go for it, and if you get it in time, fantastic!

but I would hate for so many people to put forth an extraordinary effort and hinge their happiness on whether or not they get one of these items, only to feel horrible later. no one deserves to feel like a failure, or that your efforts were wasted, because it's not your fault when so many variables are out of your control (like internet connection speed, mod approval, getting correct guesses, etc). It makes me sad to see people stressing over it when it's largely out of your hands (aside from doing the activities on time).

You’re not a debbie downer 🙂. I think you make a good point. It’s hard for me since I get overexcited easily 😅. I honestly forgot about similar instances like with collectibles during easter egg hunts that only had a couple in stock, and that feeling and stress that came with it. I’m sorry too if I’m annoying anyone with my anxiety >.<.

spend exclusively on duplicates of common balloon collectibles from a recent event that won’t really be sellable or tradable since everybody has tons of them even before this event.

A small clarification: a small set of the brand new Balloon collectibles will become available for purchase using Tickets later in the event, similarly to how some became purchasable using MEOW Coupons last time.

A small clarification: a small set of the brand new Balloon collectibles will become available for purchase using Tickets later in the event, similarly to how some became purchasable using MEOW Coupons last time.
I was literally on my way to this thread to lament my foolishness after randomly checking on the confetti event again 😭

This makes SO much more sense. I hope I didn't come across as critical--I thought I must be missing something! Looking forward to being able to spend my leftover tickets on my favorite of the new balloons.

The price reduction is such a lifesaver! Thank you staff for always thinking about the community. <3

Oh my, such good prizes!!

I'm sadly a little late to the fair this year so I've missed a few entries already... Should I still be able to get to 192 throwback tickets for the purple flower wand?

Oh my, such good prizes!!

I'm sadly a little late to the fair this year so I've missed a few entries already... Should I still be able to get to 192 throwback tickets for the purple flower wand?
I think so, if you do EVERYTHING. You’ve only missed a single puzzle worth 3 tickets, as far as I can see.

Will the mailbox collectibles be available to purchase any time soon? O: If... they will be available to purchase? Unless I read that one post incorrectly..

Will the mailbox collectibles be available to purchase any time soon? O: If... they will be available to purchase? Unless I read that one post incorrectly..
Yeah, soon! I just got a bit ambitious promising that at the same time as last minute Fair work needed to be done. We've still got the physical prizes to get up in the shop too. Soon!!!

Back