• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

The Promised Neverland! I personally like the manga more, but the anime really did Isabella so well.
The music from season 1 was phenomenal... (Isabella's Lullaby)
And I don't think anything has ever made me love and hate a villain so much, I really sympathized with Isabella at the end.
All the characters are extremely well written, and I honestly adore season 1.

I just watched the latest episode of Black Clover.
Those sure were some intense fights! I look forward to seeing how Yami and Asta manage to tag team against the devil guy next episode. As well as what comes of the Vanica fight.

I just started (and now I'm halfway through with it-) Toilet Bound Hanako-Kun!
Okay so Deku's voice is trippy, but besides that I love the eerie yet cute vibe of this show. The art style is adorable <3
Anyways, I'm only 6 episodes in but I would probably give it a 9/10!

I've started The Promised Neverland season 2 recently since it just started getting released (I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS ANIME), the two-year wait is finally over and it is so worth it, I also just found out the manga storyline is different (possibly better) than the anime storyline, but volume 7 is nowhere to be found, every store I've been to is out of stock, amazon doesn't have it and volume 6 left off on the worst cliffhanger (I don't like reading online because I lose my attention span extremely quickly).

I've started The Promised Neverland season 2 recently since it just started getting released (I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS ANIME), the two-year wait is finally over and it is so worth it, I also just found out the manga storyline is different (possibly better) than the anime storyline, but volume 7 is nowhere to be found, every store I've been to is out of stock, amazon doesn't have it and volume 6 left off on the worst cliffhanger (I don't like reading online because I lose my attention span extremely quickly).

Thanks for the suggestion I’ve now added it to my watch list for the future. :)

This is probably my favorite anime out there. The plot is really good and everything fits in place. The characters and storyline is enticing, I'd give it a 10/10.

I just watched the latest episode of Black Clover.
Those sure were some intense fights! I look forward to seeing how Yami and Asta manage to tag team against the devil guy next episode. As well as what comes of the Vanica fight.

Just got around to it finally, and...

I also can’t wait for Asta and Yami to tag team together. Captain Yami saying he needed Asta’s help to beat Dante was quite possibly the coolest thing ever. I want to see them lay the smackdown on him together. Also, I have a feeling Noelle is about to get even stronger. What glorious battles!

ALRIGHT, MY BROTHERS (by which I mean everyone), today was Jujutsu Kaisen Friday, and it was a pretty nice episode.

I thought it was interesting how the higher-ups at Jujutsu Tech decided to not tell the students about the sorcerers that died in the attack. Then everything shifts to one of my favorite sports to watch... baseball! No one scored in the first inning, but Itadori hit a two-run home run and the Tokyo school won the exchange event baseball game 2-0. The next episode looks interesting. Not sure what it’s about, but guess we’ll find out. Looking forward to it!

I’m also on episode 84 of Naruto now (moving very slowly atm), and Itachi has been introduced into the show.

Went shopping, while I was checking out, a nice old lady said "my son saw your magazine and had to get one of his own". It's an Otaku USA with Girls und Panzer on the cover. It shouldn't be too bad, I don't think they have j-list ads in there any more. I'd guess he was over 16, but sheltered. What have I done?

I started and binged hunterxhunter yesterday (i watched the first 12 episodes lmao)
Honestly I was putting this show off for some reason but they're taking it off of netflix at the end of the month, so I was like, "okay i'm watching this"

I started and binged hunterxhunter yesterday (i watched the first 12 episodes lmao)
Honestly I was putting this show off for some reason but they're taking it off of netflix at the end of the month, so I was like, "okay i'm watching this"

The end of the month!? Man that sucks. I guess Netflix can be annoying like that. I’ve been watching it on Crunchyroll. What do you think of the show so far? I’m around 50 episodes in but haven’t watched much of it lately due to being busy, but I do enjoy it. :)

The end of the month!? Man that sucks. I guess Netflix can be annoying like that. I’ve been watching it on Crunchyroll. What do you think of the show so far? I’m around 50 episodes in but haven’t watched much of it lately due to being busy, but I do enjoy it. :)
I think it's cute! Also, it might be leaving Netflix tomorrow, but I'm not sure if it's the seventh or twenty seventh. My netflix was saying the twenty seventh but other websites say its leaving the seventh. Does anybody know which one is right?

I came in here to say I was binging Hunter x Hunter yesterday too. The fact that I lasted till 5 in the morning should say my thoughts on it clearly hahaha. Going to continue some today as I stopped at episode 47 and it left me at the edge of my seat.

Not sure which date for it leaving Netflix is correct, but there’s a few alternative streaming sites one can try. Crunchyroll, HBOmax, and Hulu to name a few.

I am going to rewatch season 2 of Fruits Basket before the final season comes. I know what will happen in the upcoming season because I read the manga a few times. :D

I am also watching Aikatsu Friends and Houkago Saikoro Club. I love them so far!

I am going to rewatch season 2 of Fruits Basket before the final season comes. I know what will happen in the upcoming season because I read the manga a few times. :D

I am also watching Aikatsu Friends and Houkago Saikoro Club. I love them so far!
I have fruits basket on my list to watch, I'm assuming its good, right? I've only seen an episode where a girl confessed her love to her cousin, which is why I was kind of like-
Is this show worth watching?

I have fruits basket on my list to watch, I'm assuming its good, right? I've only seen an episode where a girl confessed her love to her cousin, which is why I was kind of like-

Yes, it's worth watching! It is sweet and wonderful, also sometimes dark and depressing.

I also second watching it. The cousin bit is a little weird but I believe it’s implied that none of them are closely related. Here’s how someone else worded it:

We can say with certainty that the characters in the Sohma family who refer to each other as “cousins” are not literal cousins, as in their parents’ siblings’ kids, but rather are using the term “cousins” in the above sense - they are part of the same family.

Overall it’s a very cute and emotional anime.

That Attack on Titan episode that came out yesterday was intense.

It looks like Hange and the others were captured by the Jaegerists, and they’re going to have Eren meet with Zeke for Zeke’s plan to go into action. Blurring the lines between who is friend and who is foe seems to be a common theme in this episode. Definitely looking forward to the last couple episodes!

I’m on episode 86 of Naruto now, and looking forward to tomorrow’s Black Clover episode. :)

I also second watching it. The cousin bit is a little weird but I believe it’s implied that none of them are closely related. Here’s how someone else worded it:

We can say with certainty that the characters in the Sohma family who refer to each other as “cousins” are not literal cousins, as in their parents’ siblings’ kids, but rather are using the term “cousins” in the above sense - they are part of the same family.

Overall it’s a very cute and emotional anime.
Okay that's a big relief! Honestly, I was worried that it would turn out like Vampire Knight which is why I was hesitant to watch it. As long as it doesn't really act upon those kind of relationships, I think I'll be okay. (I was about to grab my guitar and play sweet home alabama istg)

Back