• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I watched Beastars a few days ago... and it completely changed my perspective of anime. At first I thought it was weird since the characters themselves were not human (as well as the suggestive cut scenes that showed up in my YouTube feed from time to time) but I was completely knocked off my socks from the amazing storytelling and perspective that was being provided by each of the characters. I felt that I could sympathize with most of the characters despite being presented as “bad”, I even found myself feeling sympathetic towards the main ’love rival’. 10/10 would recommend.

Has anyone else seen the Promised Neverland? It’s on Netflix. I watched the first episode last night and I’m really not sure what to think lol 😳

I’m almost finishing watching S3 of MHA, too! I was worried about flying through S4 too quickly but realised that S5 is releasing soon so I’m happy 😊

Has anyone else seen the Promised Neverland? It’s on Netflix. I watched the first episode last night and I’m really not sure what to think lol 😳
I enjoyed Promised Neverland! The first season was pretty unique.

I'm liking the second season of Jujutsu Kaisen even more than the first! The part where they battled Hanami was the coolest.

Yesterday's AOT episode felt so short and I want more. ; ;

I enjoyed Promised Neverland! The first season was pretty unique.

I'm liking the second season of Jujutsu Kaisen even more than the first! The part where they battled Hanami was the coolest.

Yesterday's AOT episode felt so short and I want more. ; ;
I think I’ll probably keep up watching it, it’s easier to watch since it’s dubbed and I can’t have it on in the background/as I sleep without reading subtitles :’)

my friend actually recommended jujutsu kaisen to me the other day and I’ve been seeing it everywhere lately! Might have to add that to my list

Well I have just spent probably too much money on an Ochaco Uraraka figure. I’ll share pics when it arrives. 😅 Safe to say I’m starting to get hype for the next season of MHA. Wooo!

On another note I’m about to watch the latest episode of Black Clover before I go to bed. It’s crazy to think we only have a couple episodes left before the “big” announcement whatever that ends up being. (Hopefully just a hiatus to let the manga get ahead).

Ok finished watching by today’s episode of Black Clover and
Wow what a doozy of an episode. First Vanica just up and leaves with the Queen while subsequently blowing up her disciples. I knew she was harsh but man. So we obviously have saving the Queen in the future.

Asta finally had a “heart to heart” with his devil ultimately making a deal. Usually making a deal with a deal is a bad thing but I’m sure the trade off will become more clear in future episodes. Sure he gave up his arm but we don’t fully know what that all means yet. I loved the battle though. The final second was probably my favourite part for sure.

Of course everything was too good to be true and the Spade kingdom still got exactly what they wanted. Vangence’s world tree magic and Yami’s dark magic. I’m interested to see where the show goes from here as the whole continent/possibly world is at stake now.

Update:
I am still watching Hunter X Hunter and honestly it's really good! I'm halfway through season 3 and of course I'm simping for killua. (classic tessa-) But I think my favorite character is Kurapika. I like his design (after season 1, that first curtain thingy he wore was kinda ugly) and he's just a cool character. I think its really cool that there isn't a lot of crappy fanservice, and the relationship between Gon and Killua is adorable!

Update:
I am still watching Hunter X Hunter and honestly it's really good! I'm halfway through season 3 and of course I'm simping for killua. (classic tessa-) But I think my favorite character is Kurapika. I like his design (after season 1, that first curtain thingy he wore was kinda ugly) and he's just a cool character. I think its really cool that there isn't a lot of crappy fanservice, and the relationship between Gon and Killua is adorable!

Kurapika is definitely my fave as well! I’m glad to hear you are enjoying the series. Gon and Killua really do have a great friendship.

Ok finished watching by today’s episode of Black Clover and
Wow what a doozy of an episode. First Vanica just up and leaves with the Queen while subsequently blowing up her disciples. I knew she was harsh but man. So we obviously have saving the Queen in the future.

Asta finally had a “heart to heart” with his devil ultimately making a deal. Usually making a deal with a deal is a bad thing but I’m sure the trade off will become more clear in future episodes. Sure he gave up his arm but we don’t fully know what that all means yet. I loved the battle though. The final second was probably my favourite part for sure.

Of course everything was too good to be true and the Spade kingdom still got exactly what they wanted. Vangence’s world tree magic and Yami’s dark magic. I’m interested to see where the show goes from here as the whole continent/possibly world is at stake now.

Yeah, that was a crazy episode. As far as everything goes...

I thought it was terrible how Princess Loropechika got taken away by Vanica, and also that Vanica made her Dark Disciples explode. Which reminds me, I had a funny joke in my head to go along with that xD.

We’ve got lots and lots of exploding Dark Disciples for sale! We’ve got big exploding Dark Disciples, skinny exploding Dark Disciples, beautiful exploding Dark Disciples, ugggggly exploding Dark Disciples. With lots and lots of exploding Dark Disciples! And when you buy the full set, you get a second set of exploding Dark Disciples, half price off! So call today. That’s 1-800-EXPLODING-DARK-DISCIPLES. Call now.

Anyway, of course Asta and Yami team up and defeat Dante together. That was epic. I just wish they would have played the first opening from the show again when they defeated him, but I guess they’re saving it? I don’t know. It’s unfortunate that Zenon stepped in and abducted Captain Yami, and no one could do anything about it. I have a feeling in future episodes we’re going to see all the underlings in the Magic Knight squads fight together to rescue William, Yami, and Loropechika. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

I’m also REALLY looking forward to My Hero Academia season five premiering in just a few weeks!!! I even changed my aesthetic and username back to what it was before. I hope this season goes beyond! Plus ultra!

Looking like 3 episodes of Black Clover left according to the interwebs. Feels like so little time!

Also I really love the timing of the beginning of MHA season 5. It’ll be the best belated birthday present to myself haha.

Just came across this while scrolling through Twitter. Gave me a good chuckle.

3E287582-4319-446B-ADBC-E29984D20022.jpeg

Just came across this while scrolling through Twitter. Gave me a good chuckle.
- snip -

LOL, this is great. I love this so much 😂

Also, I’ve realized that both Black Clover, Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan, and RWBY will all be done for now within a couple weeks. When that happens, all I’ll be watching is My Hero Academia and Naruto 😂. Unless I start something new or another series, which, with how long Naruto and Naruto Shippuden are, I’ll probably just keep it to those two for awhile.

I’m a bit late to this, but the Jujutsu Kaisen episode that came out on Friday was interesting.

Glad we got to see more about Fushiguro and his past. The story around his sister, Tsumiki, sounds interesting. I’m glad we’re about to see some more exorcism action with the gang back together. This curse battle looks like it’s going to be tough. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

The RWBY episode that came out had some good information in it as well. Looking forward to AOT Sunday today too. :)

After years of my life revolving around Sailor Moon memories I had when I watched as a child, I finally started watching again. There are so many "fillers" episode I never saw before and now all my merch is justified, I suppose lol

There was this anime called Deltora Quest that used to run on this American channel called The Hub and unknowingly, it was one of my first animes. I forgot what it was about but maybe I’ll watch it again?

Looking forward to AOT Sunday today too. :)

Okay, so apparently I was dumb and didn’t think to check the news. There was an earthquake that happened in Japan, so the newest episode got pushed back a week. Completely understandable and I hope the people there are doing okay. 💚

For now, I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s Black Clover episode.

Ok so I’ve only known that My Hero Academia had a second movie for about a month now. I honestly don’t know how I didn’t know about it sooner. Anyways I finally got around to watching it tonight and man it’s so good! I watched the first one when it was in theatres here back when it came out (I actually made a 2 hour drive to go see it as that was the closest city that was showing it at the time). I guess you could say I’m a bit of a fan haha. 😅 The Two Heroes movie was decent but Heroes Rising blows it out of the water.

I actually watched the dubbed version as I couldn’t find the subbed version for the life of me. I appreciate dubs and subs equally provided the dub is well done, but I’ve seen the whole series and the first movie in Japanese but that’s ok. I recognized several of the English voice actors and feel like they made pretty good choices with the casting. My boyfriend has never even heard of My Hero Academia (he kinda lives under a rock and mostly watches stuff that’s 10+ years or older) so I’ll probably get on changing that at some point haha. I know he prefers dubs as he’s not great at reading so I’d love to watch the series from the beginning again but dubbed sometime. :)
I loved the emotion in this movie so much. It made me love Deku just that much more (and I already loved his character a ton from before). I also used to really dislike Bakugo but this movie made me realize that he’s not all bad especially deep down. The tag team of Deku and Bakugo both using One for All was super awesome. By far this is the best movie I’ve seen in a long time.
The movie definitely helped satisfy my hype for the upcoming season at least for a little bit haha. I definitely recommend giving Heroes Rising a watch if you haven’t yet.

Back