• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

DISH// (the band behind the newest My Hero Academia opening No.1) just uploaded the music video for it today on their official YouTube channel! I’ve added it to my playlist with all the other openings as well. Just follow the link below:

Edit: I also seem to have found the music video for the The Day as well! So it’s now a full music video playlist of all the full openings! :)

Last edited:
Fear not, citizens! A new My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia episode has arrived!

The Class 1-A team was being affected by Komori’s mushrooms, and started getting hit by Fukidashi’s powerful manga-to-real-life attacks as well. Such interesting quirks! Yaoyorozu had planned for this, however, and created a cannon to defend against Kendo as well as sending a “lucky bag” to Tokoyami and Hagakure so they could take out Fukidashi, Komori, and Kuroiro. Unfortunately, Aoyama got caught and taken to the jail, and Komori unleashed her quirk Mushroom’s special move to hurt Tokoyami’s lungs. Yaoyorozu had also been captured by Kendo, albeit slowing Kendo down. It was a complete victory for the Class 1-B team, although it did show the growth Yaoyorozu had as a leader as well. Up next it will be the third match between Class 1-A and Class 1-B. Definitely looking forward to it!

Lol does Doraemon count? 😂 I’m a mess when it comes to animes, I start one and I never finish, but Doraemon is for sure the best I’ve ever watched

Watched the latest episode of Fruits Basket today. Man I really do feel bad for Momiji he’s had such a rough time but is such a sweetheart. 🥺

Also found this artist on YouTube that draws characters in different styles mostly cartoon but some are anime as well. Here is Blossom from the PowerPuff girls in both My Hero Academia style as well as Splatoon style:
53EEC83A-6E17-4CA6-BD2D-7FF84B24593D.jpeg

B5AF70E7-767E-499A-823C-38965D97D908.jpeg
Here’s the link to the full video in case you want to watch her draw them as well as other styles too:

I’ve made it past the part where Naruto, Sakura, and Jiraiya go with Sasame to try and rescue Arashi. This part was a bit predictable with how everything played out. Now I’m about halfway through season six and at the part where Naruto is going after the villains that have escaped from the maximum security prison. I believe the curry part that you mentioned, @Reginald Fairfield , is at the end of season six/beginning of season seven. I’ll be paying close attention to it when I get to it. :)

I’ve made it past the part where Naruto, Sakura, and Jiraiya go with Sasame to try and rescue Arashi. This part was a bit predictable with how everything played out. Now I’m about halfway through season six and at the part where Naruto is going after the villains that have escaped from the maximum security prison. I believe the curry part that you mentioned, @Reginald Fairfield , is at the end of season six/beginning of season seven. I’ll be paying close attention to it when I get to it. :)
I just thought it was mildly better than the other filler. Have you not seen Ranmaru yet?

I’ve been reading the manga version of “Flowers of Evil” since the anime has a mixed reception. Now I can see why. Nearly every character in this series is unlikeable. Blackmailing, gossip, peer pressure, you name it, this series has it. Flowers of Evil is a very accurate portrayal of High School bullying, but it was draining. I can’t read more than a chapter without getting irritated. At the same time the art is stunning. Every character has detailed facial expressions and the scenery really looks like a run down small town. At the moment I’d give it a six out of ten.

I Have Looked Through 50 Pages Of This Anime Thread But I Have Not Seen A Single Person Who Has Mentioned Jojos Bizzare Adventure, That In My Opinion Is One Of The Most Entertaining And Action Packed Animes I've Ever Seen.ItHas Such An Amazing Storyline And It Just Has So Many Plot Twists. Oh also the promised Neverland is pretty good as well

hello i am very new to the anime community, im looking for an anime that is in english and that is available on netflix or crunchyroll :) any recommendations?

The anime shows I really would recommend for people who are new to anime are Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z if you like intense action battles.

hello i am very new to the anime community, im looking for an anime that is in english and that is available on netflix or crunchyroll :) any recommendations?
Hi! It kind of depends on what your interests are. Like with regular movies and TV shows, anime comes in many genres. There's rom-com, horror, action, and so on. So what kinds of genres do you typically like?

So I have always loved Sailor Moon (it's one of my favorite childhood shows), and while the original 90s dub is pretty awful, I do really enjoy the music from the show. I do like the ViZ dub, but miss the music from the 90s. I have tried to watch Sailor Moon Crystal but I am as attached to it, but I am super excited for Sailor Moon eternal to come out on Netflix.

The animes that I have gotten into recently are:
Demon Slayer: I just finished the first season, I really really enjoyed it and I can't wait to see the second season. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but it's so good. I really want to see the movie, it's out in theaters by my house but I don't know if I'll see it there or if I will wait until it's released either on DVD or a digital platform.

Magi Madoka Magica: I really really love this anime, I'm super excited about a new movie.

Yashahime Princess Half-Demon.

I Have Looked Through 50 Pages Of This Anime Thread But I Have Not Seen A Single Person Who Has Mentioned Jojos Bizzare Adventure, That In My Opinion Is One Of The Most Entertaining And Action Packed Animes I've Ever Seen.ItHas Such An Amazing Storyline And It Just Has So Many Plot Twists. Oh also the promised Neverland is pretty good as well

Actually, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure has been mentioned throughout the thread numerous times by myself, and I think by a few others as well. You must have just missed it. It truly is one of the best out there!

Hi! It kind of depends on what your interests are. Like with regular movies and TV shows, anime comes in many genres. There's rom-com, horror, action, and so on. So what kinds of genres do you typically like?
my boyfriend got me really into demon slayer and i enjoyed that, so something along the lines of that would be great thanks :)

A new episode of My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia was released on Saturday (Apologies for being late, been extra busy this weekend!). Smaaaaaaaaaaaaash!!!

In the third match it would be Todoroki, Ojiro, Shoji, and Iida in the Class 1-A team versus Kaibara, Tsunotori (Pony), Honenuki (Juzo), and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu in the Class 1-B team. Tetsutetsu started by immediately using his quirk, Steel, to take out the surrounding infrastructure blocking his way. Honenuki went with this and used his quirk, Softening, in order to soften all of the ice that Todoroki had sent at the Class 1-B team. The Class 1-A team was caught completely off guard and Iida fell into Honenuki’s quirk, while Ojiro was attacked by Kaibara’s Gyrate quirk, and Shoji was taken away by Tsunotori’s Horn Cannon quirk. Just when everything seemed to be going wrong for the Class 1-A team, however, Iida used his new move which allows him to use Recipro Burst for much longer. Now, with Iida closing in on Honenuki and Todoroki set to unleash his flames, will the Class 1-A team be able to bounce back and win?!? Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

my boyfriend got me really into demon slayer and i enjoyed that, so something along the lines of that would be great thanks :)
if you enjoyed demon slayer, you miiiiiiiight like jujutsu kaisen? it's the closest i can think of along those lines re: popular anime, and they've definitely got some similarities re: demons and curses and the overall series vibes.

if you enjoyed demon slayer, you miiiiiiiight like jujutsu kaisen? it's the closest i can think of along those lines re: popular anime, and they've definitely got some similarities re: demons and curses and the overall series vibes.

+1
I've held off on jujutsu kaisen for a while but when I eventually started watching it, I loved it! And as a Togashi fan, it containing yu yu hakusho & HxH references makes it even better 😅

Back