• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I'm almost done with SK8 (10/12) and I'm just freaking outttttttt. It's SO good!! Seriously, watch it if you haven't yet. I can't wait to see how it ends! (I'm watching the dub). I officially work at Dope Sketch now!

So I am trying to get into Attack on Titan, but it's so boring to me.. does it get any better? I'm on episode 7 if that makes a difference. I think what makes it so hard for me to get into is that I just watched Demon Slayer and I felt like that was much more action packed. (Before Demon Slayer I watched Madoka Magica.) I was able to breeze through those series quite quickly and never got bored. Is AoT more of a watch an episode or two a day type of show? I think the music is great and I do like the artwork.

So I am trying to get into Attack on Titan, but it's so boring to me.. does it get any better? I'm on episode 7 if that makes a difference. I think what makes it so hard for me to get into is that I just watched Demon Slayer and I felt like that was much more action packed. (Before Demon Slayer I watched Madoka Magica.) I was able to breeze through those series quite quickly and never got bored. Is AoT more of a watch an episode or two a day type of show? I think the music is great and I do like the artwork.

It’s interesting you say that, because Attack on Titan is actually one of the most action-packed series out there, and there’s a lot of gore and stuff. If you’ve only watched seven episodes I’d say to keep watching it because it gets better, especially in seasons two and three. The amount of surprise twists and fights that happen are insane. Season four is pretty good too, albeit not my favorite (and season four part two isn’t out yet).

That's funny because I had a completely different impression when I started Attack on Titan. I never binge watch anything. I like to watch 1 episode a day to let things sink in before watching the next one. But with Attack on Titan, I was so caught up in it right from the very first episode that I could watch 3 or 4 episodes in a day. Things did start to slow down for me by season 3 and 4, although that may have just been because I got caught up and was forced to watch it weekly as it aired.

That's not to say that your opinion isn't valid. You're absolutely entitled to it. But I guess if you're finding it boring now, it might not be a good fit for you. I'd say to maybe give it another few episodes at least, but if it doesn't peak your interest, maybe move on to something else.

Never thought I’d post in this thread. I’ll admit, I’m not much of an anime fan. I had trouble getting into it. I’ve seen most of Soul Eater and I’ve seen a few episodes of Fairy Tail. Those ones never appealed to me. Are those considered decent animes? I always assumed that it was the ones I was trying to watch, because anime does seem quite popular. If not, what anime are some of the better ones? It seems interesting. I *may* look into it if there are some better ones out there!

Never thought I’d post in this thread. I’ll admit, I’m not much of an anime fan. I had trouble getting into it. I’ve seen most of Soul Eater and I’ve seen a few episodes of Fairy Tail. Those ones never appealed to me. Are those considered decent animes? I always assumed that it was the ones I was trying to watch, because anime does seem quite popular. If not, what anime are some of the better ones? It seems interesting. I *may* look into it if there are some better ones out there!

Soul Eater and Fairy Tail are decent, but there’s definitely better ones out there. What genres are you interested in (such as action, adventure, horror, sci-fi, comedy, romance, etc)?

I’m into adventure + some romance! :)

I’m going to have to recommend Made in Abyss for sure. It’s an adventure anime and it has a bit of romance, but not to the point where it’s thrown in your face a lot or anything. It’s just hinted at and the story focuses more on the adventure. I believe there was a movie for the series recently too.

If you like stories that have to deal with life and how we handle it, plus one that has adventure, action, and a bit of romance, I’d definitely recommend Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood as well. It’s by Studio Bones, which is the same studio that produced Soul Eater.

Then there’s Hunter x Hunter (2011), which is undeniably one of the best anime out there and has a lot of adventuring in it. Albeit, it’s more focused on action, but it’s a really fun watch and you probably wouldn’t regret it.

Those are the main ones that come to mind at the moment. I’ll try to think of more along those genre lines. Let me know if any of these appeal to you though! :)

I’m going to have to recommend Made in Abyss for sure. It’s an adventure anime and it has a bit of romance, but not to the point where it’s thrown in your face a lot or anything. It’s just hinted at and the story focuses more on the adventure. I believe there was a movie for the series recently too.

If you like stories that have to deal with life and how we handle it, plus one that has adventure, action, and a bit of romance, I’d definitely recommend Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood as well. It’s by Studio Bones, which is the same studio that produced Soul Eater.

Then there’s Hunter x Hunter (2011), which is undeniably one of the best anime out there and has a lot of adventuring in it. Albeit, it’s more focused on action, but it’s a really fun watch and you probably wouldn’t regret it.

Those are the main ones that come to mind at the moment. I’ll try to think of more along those genre lines. Let me know if any of these appeal to you though! :)
I’ll check them out and I’ll definitely let you know. Thanks for the recommendations!

I’ll check them out and I’ll definitely let you know. Thanks for the recommendations!
I feel obligated to mention Made in Abyss has a few sad scenes. I've just seen a few clips.
Post automatically merged:

I like One Punch Man so far. If zany antics of an international thief sounds good, Lupin the Third might have something you'd like, since they've been cranking out different flavors of that since at least the 80's. One of my first stand alone movies was "The Fuma Cospiracy".

Last edited:
It’s interesting you say that, because Attack on Titan is actually one of the most action-packed series out there, and there’s a lot of gore and stuff. If you’ve only watched seven episodes I’d say to keep watching it because it gets better, especially in seasons two and three. The amount of surprise twists and fights that happen are insane. Season four is pretty good too, albeit not my favorite (and season four part two isn’t out yet).

So I’ve decided to watch a few more episodes and I’m really glad I did! It’s gotten so much better and it’s not even a little boring now. I’m on episode 21 now….I just needed to get through those slower episodes. I really like the show now

Recently rewatched Sweetness & Lightning (ama ama to inazuma) and it warmed my hear the same way it first did! I recommend this one to anyone looking for something wholesome and for anyone curious about Japanese cooking.

Another couple of recent anime I've also been watching/ watched are Bofuri (itai no wa iya nano de bougyoryoku ni kyokufuri ****ai to omoimasu), So I'm a Spider, So What (kumo nan desu ga, nani ka), Poco's Udon World (udon no kuni no kiniro kemari), How Heavy are the Dumbbells You Lift (dumbbell nan kiro moteru?), and a bunch of more mainstream ones that probably everyone is watching right now.

Biggest shoutout to Dumbbell anime for getting me more motivated to exercise! Not a huge fan of the fanservice shots and stuff but the workouts made me more happy to do weight training rather than just pure cardio.

I believe 4kids is still clinging on to the rights of Yu-gi-Oh and Digimon, under different names after the bankruptcy and legal stuff I want to know more about. "Flatiron" released Seasons 3 and 4 of Digimon a a couple somewhat recent Yu-gi-Oh movies. Baffling liberties are still being taken, apparently.

I believe 4kids is still clinging on to the rights of Yu-gi-Oh and Digimon, under different names after the bankruptcy and legal stuff I want to know more about. "Flatiron" released Seasons 3 and 4 of Digimon a a couple somewhat recent Yu-gi-Oh movies. Baffling liberties are still being taken, apparently.

SPUNK. YES. this is so funny to me i kind of love that they're still doing this.... i love bad dubs and the subs still exist so it's like you get a choice between a funny experience and the intended experience (whatever you're in the mood for). also i didn't know anything about this different name stuff 0_0

SPUNK. YES. this is so funny to me i kind of love that they're still doing this.... i love bad dubs and the subs still exist so it's like you get a choice between a funny experience and the intended experience (whatever you're in the mood for). also i didn't know anything about this different name stuff 0_0
I don't believe they've got an official, full uncut release in the states. If I don't torrent or stream it, that would leave bootlegs. I don't believe I've seen a region free set on ebay.

So I am all caught up on Attack on Titan, it was so good.. though I admit that the final season isn't exactly my favorite season of the series. I'm sad we will have to wait another year to see the second half but I'm sure time will go by fast.

Right now I am watching Princess Tutu.

A new episode of My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia released on Saturday. It’s time to go beyond. Plus ULTRA!

Todoroki continued to battle against Tetsutetsu and enhanced his heat to try and repel Tetsutetsu. Meanwhile, Honenuki deserted Iida, and so Iida went to intervene in the fight between Ojiro and Kaibara. He took Kaibara to the jail. Pony took care of Ojiro, however, putting him in jail. As Honenuki closed in on Pony, Shoji, and Todoroki, Iida whizzed by with Recipro Turbo and knocked Honenuki out in one hit. He grabbed Todoroki, who was losing consciousness by this time, and tried to outrun Honenuki’s final move, but to no avail. Iida got trapped under the rubble and Todoroki was out nearby. Meanwhile, Pony went into the air with Honenuki and Tetsutetsu, preventing Shoji from capturing either of them. Time ran out, and the battle ended in a draw! Up next will be battle four between Class 1-A and Class 1-B, featuring Bakugo’s team versus Tokage’s team. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Back