• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

Officially, I have less than twenty episodes to go on Eyeshield 21. It was a fun ride. I wanted to watch it a year ago, but I put it off due to the fact that it doesn't have an English dubbed. I decided to give it a try anyway. Not even five episodes in, I was hooked. I'm happy I decided to give it a try despite reading subtitles not being my thing. I think it's a great sports anime, and I'd go as far to say it's the best I've seen.

I personally enjoyed Haikyuu and Blue Lock as far as sports anime, but there's something about Eyeshield 21 that I love. I personally which this anime had more merch, but I enjoy it for what it has. It's always the obscure anime that hits different, after all.

Get ready for some sorcery! Jujutsu Kaisen season two is here!

Miwa talks to Mechamaru on the communication device she has from him before he passes, and he lets her know that as long as she finds happiness, his wish has come true. Hearing all of this, Miwa breaks down in tears.

Grief-stricken at what happened to Nobara and Nanami, Itadori loses his will to fight and gets beat up by Mahito... all seems like it's over for Itadori, that is, until...

BIG BROTHER TODOOOOOOOOOO arrives to save Itadori. Not only that, but he inspires Itadori to fight again, reminding him that as a Jujutsu Sorcer his fellow sorcerers who have perished are all relying on him to continue winning in their stead. Itadori hearkens to BIG BROTHER TODOOOOOOOOO's words and gets back up.

The two go at Mahito like rabid dogs! Boogie Woogies and Black Flashes abound, they start fighting back against Mahito. The battle becomes more complex, as all three fighters are drawing out even more potential from within them. Now... the stage is set for an ultimate showdown!

Next time on Jujutsu Kaisen season two, episode twenty-one. "Metamorphosis." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Get ready to defend and slay! The Rising Of The Shield Hero season three is here!

Naofumi tells Filo to go train with Melty, and Raph-Chan joins them so that they can gain levels together.

Meanwhile, Naofumi and company also hear rumors that a mysterious warrior by the name "Perfect Hidden Justice" has been going from arena to arena and winning battles to collect massive amounts of prize money. Knowing that this could very well be Itsuki, the Bow Hero, Rishia pleads that Naofumi allow her to fight him in a match. Especially because Itsuki and his party essentially discarded Rishia long ago, she wants to repay him and save him from being manipulated by Malty.

After being invited to a secret underground arena with no audience, the real battle to convince the last Cardinal Hero to help out against the Phoenix... is about to begin!

Next time on The Rising Of The Shield Hero season three, episode eleven. "Justice VS Justice." You won't want to miss it! (y)

I had a few hours tonight while fixing/dying my hair, and I finished watching Eyeshield 21. That includes the movie, which thankfully someone uploaded on YouTube. It even had English subtitles. The site I was using required a subscription in order to view the movie, so I'm glad there was an alternative method. I think the anime is worth watching, or at the very least looking into, for someone that is into sports anime.

I think my favorite character is either Monta or Riku, which I'm using spoiler tags to cover only because both of those characters don't make an appearance until somewhat later in the anime. I liked Monta idolizing Honjo (a baseball catching star) and using that as inspiration to become a better catcher. Honjo gave Monta his catching glove and the glove was relevant throughout the series. Another scene I really liked was when Honjo appeared at the semi-final game against the Ojo White Knights and personally spoke to Monta, giving him words of encouragement. Honjo even mentioned the glove and how he remembers giving it to Monta that time.

I've been waiting to talk about this anime, and I'm finally finished. Up next, I will be watching the second season of Spy x Family.

Last edited:
Get ready to eat some peanuts and infiltrate the enemy ranks. Spy x Family season two is here!

After the intense battles and disarming of bombs, Loid, Yor, and Anya enjoy the resort as much as they can before they have to head back home. Loid informs WISE of the happenings on the ship. Finally, things can go back to (mostly) normal.

Anya tries to brag about her time on the luxury cruise ship to the others at school, but unfortunately it backfires on her. Becky tells the most grandiose thing that is also true, so everyone stops paying attention to Anya once it's obvious that she's lying. When Yuri comes to Yor's place for dinner later, Anya doesn't want to lie to them, so she says she said it to try and "stand out." Hearing this, both Loid, Yor, and Yuri sit in silence after also not wanting to give away the lies they've been living. Comedy gold. :LOL:

Next time on Spy x Family season two, episode eleven. "Berlint in Love/Nightfall's Daily Life." You won't want to miss it! (y)

I don't, lol... there's a good chance it would have died off a long time ago had it stayed niche... but to each their own.
I do miss the more obscurity of anime but at the same time, like you said, I'm glad it's more popular so anime stuff is more common in the west. Anime dubs are great now as well so that makes me really happy.

I do miss the more obscurity of anime but at the same time, like you said, I'm glad it's more popular so anime stuff is more common in the west. Anime dubs are great now as well so that makes me really happy.

Yeah, for sure. If it had never become more common in the west it'd just be really weird. Like I can't even imagine that to be honest. And the dubs would have suffered as a result.

A lot of shows switched to the 24/25-episode-in-a-season format starting in the early 2010's, the most notable one being when Attack on Titan started. Before then, a lot of anime didn't really categorize their stuff into seasons, and dubs weren't as good as they are today. I can understand the want to have it be more of a special and obscure thing, but at the same time, I mean... I'm glad that it's become more popular, I guess just because I can talk about it to people here in the US without having to feel weird, lmao.

Yeah, for sure. If it had never become more common in the west it'd just be really weird. Like I can't even imagine that to be honest. And the dubs would have suffered as a result.

A lot of shows switched to the 24/25-episode-in-a-season format starting in the early 2010's, the most notable one being when Attack on Titan started. Before then, a lot of anime didn't really categorize their stuff into seasons, and dubs weren't as good as they are today. I can understand the want to have it be more of a special and obscure thing, but at the same time, I mean... I'm glad that it's become more popular, I guess just because I can talk about it to people here in the US without having to feel weird, lmao.
Oh yeah, dubs are so much better. Even if the 2010s they were still kinda iffy. I also got sick and tired of having the same 10 VAs do each show so I'm so glad the VA pool has grown. There are lots of voices I hear that I don't recognize and it's awesome! The script writing is way better too. It's noticeable!

It's fun to have so many light novels, artbooks, manga, etc all translated officially so often. Like, I constantly have preorders going. It's really cool.

I do miss the days of hunting ebay for anime merch LOL good times. But I'll take the way things are now over that.

The first anime convention I went to was the year before they banned yaoi paddles.

In a world where Anime is still niche 4kids dubs everything. Can you imagine what they'd do to MHA?

Dreaming, don't give it up Deku!
Dreaming, don't give it up Ochaco!
Dreaming, don't give it up Ida!

Don't give it up, give it up, give it up give it up!

I think I'd have to change my username if that's the reality we lived in. 💀

I would love to see what kind of edits they would bring in. Like Deku couldn't break his bones in season 1. So I'm trying to think what they would do lol.

"Oh, I just smashed my fist into a villain's face and messed up my arm! But thanks to the power of friendship it only resulted in a small paper cut." 🥲

"Oh, I just smashed my fist into a villain's face and messed up my arm! But thanks to the power of friendship it only resulted in a small paper cut." 🥲
They would also change their names. All Might would be...Big Johnny. He also reverts back to his normal self not because of injuries but because his spinach powers ran out. Same with Deku. And that's why his hair is green. When he goes full cowling the Popeye theme plays. They edit in a terribly placed spinach can whenever he needs to use his quirk.

Bakugou still has anger issues but he screams poophead all the time. His name is also changed to Billy.

Kirishima is Rocky. And he has a Brooklyn accent.

They would also change their names. All Might would be...Big Johnny. He also reverts back to his normal self not because of injuries but because his spinach powers ran out. Same with Deku. And that's why his hair is green. When he goes full cowling the Popeye theme plays. They edit in a terribly placed spinach can whenever he needs to use his quirk.

Bakugou still has anger issues but he screams poophead all the time. His name is also changed to Billy.

Kirishima is Rocky. And he has a Brooklyn accent.

LMAOOOOO, the way I chuckled at this the entire time reading it. :ROFLMAO:

LMAOOOOO, the way I chuckled at this the entire time reading it. :ROFLMAO:
I actually thought about it some more and Tomura's quirk is poison ivy. Anything he touches gets a really bad and itchy rash. He wants to spread his evil rashiness to the entire world.

Looks like I wasn't the only one who thought to give Kirishima an accent.

Sometimes I wish anime stayed niche.

I don't, lol... there's a good chance it would have died off a long time ago had it stayed niche... but to each their own.

I can agree with both of these viewpoints. I remember the days when the anime community was smaller and there was something special and close-knit about that. Also, the market wasn't flooded with so much anime which meant a lot of what we had access to was actually good. What we did have were fansubs that were often better, more detailed, and more accurate than company subtitles even by today's standards in my opinion.

However, I don't miss the long wait to view things, the uncertainty if it would even come over, and sometimes poor video quality when we did get it. I'm glad that I and many others have access to practically anything we could want to watch now along with the merchandise to go with it.

As for the 4kids stuff, hilarious. 🤣

I can agree with both of these viewpoints. I remember the days when the anime community was smaller and there was something special and close-knit about that. Also, the market wasn't flooded with so much anime which meant a lot of what we had access to was actually good. What we did have were fansubs that were often better, more detailed, and more accurate than company subtitles even by today's standards in my opinion.

However, I don't miss the long wait to view things, the uncertainty if it would even come over, and sometimes poor video quality when we did get it. I'm glad that I and many others have access to practically anything we could want to watch now along with the merchandise to go with it.

As for the 4kids stuff, hilarious. 🤣
I think when everything becomes more mainstream it loses its identity a bit because it has to become so broad to appease to so many other demographics.

But if it were not for that the anime scene (at least for overseas) would probably be dead. The 90s and 2000 kids would've moved on because they grew up. It's good that it got to a larger audience. Things have to keep up with the times or die off. I like forums. I've always felt that I can connect on a larger level with people because I am talking with them not at them. People don't like that anymore. They want social media where they can connect with thousands of people at any given time. Places like twitter and tumblr have their own communities for every series, show ect, but I've never connected with them because it's such a large crowd that you get lost and no one ever connects on a personal level with anyone. It's why I like TBT so much.

Back