The Anime Thread

It's time to continue to ascend the tower! Tower of God season two... is here! 🪜

Wangnan and his teammates run into Viole's teammates. Wangnan finds out the truth about Viole, or Baam, namely that if he doesn't pass all of the tests his friends will be killed. After this, the team lead by Wangnan takes on the next test. In this test, they must take on Zygaena, a massive seawater creature, and steal one (1) flower from it. There's just one problem... Zygaena flips over every 30 minutes. The team splits up and heads inside. Unfortunately, Prince and Kang run into one of the most powerful entities in the Tower currently while inside Zygaena. Sensing this, Viole rushes to help out. Despite being allowed to live if they forfeit the test, Viole chooses not to give up and take on the mysterious, powerful man in combat. Will he succeed? And will the team obtain Zygaena's flower and pass the test?

What's up, everyone! Not here to recap any episodes today, but instead to let you all know that the Boku no Hero Academia/My Hero Academia 4th movie: You're next is coming to theaters for North America on October 11th. So make sure to get in while it's still airing and view it, you bunch of newbies (channeling my inner All Might there)! 🥳

now i'm back to wonderful precure 🤗
Screenshot 2024-08-17 at 19-52-32 wonderful precure komugi & yuki - Google Search.png

& then continuing pokemon horizons 🤗
Untitled.jpg
Floragato_with_Hatenna_and_Terapagos.png
hq720.jpg

as much as i love slayers, it's been way too long with precure & pokemon 🤗

wait for me, lina... i'll be back! 🥰

yeah, i just recently finished the last episode of slayers evolution R again & after i've caught up with precure & pokemon,
i'm watching slayers in english dub,

but i'm gonna see the ovas & movies in japanese again... & then in english onwards *with my seeing the premium movie in japanese again first as well... & then in english dub* cause i need to work my way in... :>

cause i've not seen '' Cynthia'' lina at all before yet, aside from bits of it from a retrospective on youtube.... well... 3 retrospectives :3
images....jpg

& what i remember from '' Lisa Ortiz '' lina is from the english dub clip of the song from s2 ep 14, the song ''otome no inori'' way back when i saw it then... & bits from a retrospective... well, 4 retrospectives on youtube :3
images......jpg

megumi hayashibara will always be my pure lina, though, no matter how much i grow to love ''lisa'' lina :>
🥰 🤗

(same with girl type ranma 🥰 although, english girl type ranma's great too 🤗 - Brigitta Dau (eps. 1 ~ 6, 1st OVA; Female) / Venus Terzo (eps. 7 ~ 161, OVAs, films; Female) )

Last edited:
i'm back to lina!! (slayers ovas, movies & tv series in english dub) 🥰 🤗

images.3.jpg
images...2.jpg
images......jpg

just-a-few-screenshots-of-lina-in-a-kawaii-dress-v0-baeli7l1gk5b1.jpg
15.png

(until more wonderful precure & pokemon horizons are up on anix.to :> ( & wco.tv for english dub pokemon horizons too :> ) that's just how much i love slayers 🤗🥰)

but first, i'm gonna watch all the ovas & movies in japanese again.... (including slayers premium when i finish slayers next (s2) ) to get me worked into the english dub..specifically the '' Cynthia'' ones. i mean, why not watch what you love first, if you're gonna watch the english dub after anyway 🤗 :love:

from what i remember, after megumi hayashibara, i love the '' Lisa '' lina, is what i'm saying 🥰

Last edited:
It's time to go beyond. My Hero Academia season seven... is here! 😤

With the help of the U.S. fighter jets and Lemillion's distraction, Midoriya arrives on the scene at the Coffin in the Sky and delivers a smash against Shigaraki. Seeing what has happened to Bakugo causes Midoriya to get really angry, but Lemillion reminds him that everyone is not dead quite yet and to stay calm. Hearkening to his words, Deku calms down and begins his assault against Shigaraki. After preparing it fully, Deku unleashes one more One For All Quirk that we haven't seen yet, Gearshift, which allows him to change the speed of things easily. Using this, combined with Fa Jin, Blackwhip, Smokescreen, and everything else, Deku unleashes a barrage of hits against Shigaraki culminating in one final smash. However, not wanting to end Shigaraki's life, Deku hesitates...

Meanwhile, the battles at the other sites are taking a turn for the worse. Just how will Shoji and Koda deal with an enraged and powerful Spinner?

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode fourteen. "Together with Shoji." Shoji and Koda are the most heroic heroes of all! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

you know.... last night, i was thinking that i would actually make another round of watching slayers in japanese all the way through after slayers gorgeous... cause i can & like i said ''why not watch what you love first, if you're gonna watch the english dub after anyway 🤗 🥰 ''

cause, well... i feel like it's a little bit intimidating to watch the ''Cynthia'' ones right away... & then the ''Lisa'' ones straight after....

but i'm gonna watch slayers in english after that because i had a inkling to do that... & i gladly & happily take that inkling🥰🤗

images..........jpg
images.2.jpg
images.4.jpg
images..7.jpg
Untitled......jpg
images...6.jpg

unnamed.jpg

*if people don't know, lina used the giga slave in this last episode of evolution R... & like in s1, it turned her hair white... & shabranigdo's ghost badly hurt amelia's arm*

Last edited:
you know.... last night, i was thinking that i would actually make another round of watching slayers in japanese all the way through after slayers gorgeous... cause i can & like i said ''why not watch what you love first, if you're gonna watch the english dub after anyway 🤗 🥰 ''

cause, well... i feel like it's a little bit intimidating to watch the ''Cynthia'' ones right away... & then the ''Lisa'' ones straight after....

but i'm gonna watch slayers in english after that because i had a inkling to do that... & i gladly & happily take that inkling🥰🤗
I tried to do the same thing with the Pokemon series. At least the first season. I started watching it in English, but got up to some point where the edits just didn't make any sense. Because the Pokemon dub made some really strange edits/censors. In one episode Brock says he's making coffee for everyone, but then realizes it might be too 'adult' for Ash and Misty so he gives them prune juice instead.

The 'prune juice' was such a clear edit. So I went to the sub to see what it was supposed to be. Brock offered them tea instead of coffee. I don't know, but if you ask me prune juice is peak adult lmao.

Hope you enjoy your show!

I tried to do the same thing with the Pokemon series. At least the first season. I started watching it in English, but got up to some point where the edits just didn't make any sense. Because the Pokemon dub made some really strange edits/censors. In one episode Brock says he's making coffee for everyone, but then realizes it might be too 'adult' for Ash and Misty so he gives them prune juice instead.

The 'prune juice' was such a clear edit. So I went to the sub to see what it was supposed to be. Brock offered them tea instead of coffee. I don't know, but if you ask me prune juice is peak adult lmao.

i do enjoy slayers : D i've already seen it more then couple of times now 🥰 🤗

Last edited:

View attachment 579947 View attachment 579948 View attachment 579949 View attachment 579953 View attachment 579951 View attachment 579952

View attachment 579958
*if people don't know, lina used the giga slave in this last episode of evolution R... & like in s1, it turned her hair white... & shabranigdo's ghost badly hurt amelia's arm*
I almost bought this before the Right Stuf website was shut down. I still want to see it.
Post automatically merged:

Plus they cut the episode with the Safari Zone where Ash catches a bunch of Tauros that show up in later episodes, confusing me as a kid.

haven't posted in a hot minute but i'm still watching a journey through another world: raising kids while adventuring, that time i got reincarnated as a slime season 3, i finished the saint's magic power is omnipotent, and i'm starting wistoria: wand and sword !!

i will say after the first episode of wistoria, it feels like they just toss you right into the story without really easing you into the worldbuilding - which i guess some people might enjoy, but it felt pretty fast paced? the visuals thought are absolutely stunning, the character designs, the colours, the flow during the action sequences are super pleasing so i look forward to the other episodes!

Crunchyroll might be sitting on the money, or the finished product from the Dirty Pair dub Kickstarter that the Rightstuf set up before being bought by Sony.

They're also not transferring a large portion content from the Funimation streaming service.

Last edited:

While everyone else is fighting their own battles, Shoji, Koda, and Present Mic are fighting perhaps the most difficult battle of all. They're trying to fend off an angry mob of 15,000 heteromorphs and their leader, Spinner, who is one of the Paranormal Liberation Front leaders. At first the heroes and police are being pushed back, but Shoji and Koda step in to stop them.

Shoji tries to reason with the other heteromorphs since he is one himself, and at first it causes the crowd's anger to dissipate. But Spinner steps in and fights Shoji. Present Mic and Shoji deliver a combination of moves against Spinner in his transformed state, but it's not enough to stop him. Spinner infiltrates the hospital on his own, looking to take Kurogiri back. Even though the crowd may listen to what Shoji and Koda have to say, how will they stop an enraged and powered up Spinner?

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode fifteen. "Butterfly Effect." The world can change through the power of one person! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Shoji's words reach the heteromorph mob and they all put down their arms and stop following Spinner. Spinner himself is stopped by Present Mic, and it seems the heroes have won here.... or have they?

While Present Mic isn't paying full attention, Spinner uses the last of his willpower and strength to place one of Shigaraki's hands onto Kurogiri. This causes Kurogiri to wake up and start transporting the villains!

Dabi, who was previously fighting Todoroki, is transported to where Endeavor is, and Present Mic is transported right to where Aizawa and Monoma are at near the Coffin in the Sky.

But perhaps the worst transported villain of all is Himiko Toga, who transforms into the deceased Twice, and is taken to where Hawks and Endeavor are. She then uses his Quirk, Sad Man's Death Parade.

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode sixteen. "The Chain Thus Far." With the villains gaining momentum, how will the heroes respond? Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Finishing Death Note with my niece who's watching it for the first time. Rewatching the ending makes me cringe so hard everytime. 🫣

It's time to continue to ascend the tower! Tower of God season two... is here! 🪜

Viole, Wangnan, and the group have come face-to-face with one of the strongest beings in the tower, Mazino. He challenges Viole to a duel to see who can get Zygaena's flower first. Everyone picks up on Viole's location and rushes towards him to help. As Mazino is about to unleash his power, Miseng gets in the way on accident, so Viole has to save her. In the aftermath, Viole is shown to have sustained heavy injuries and is dead, but a mysterious power revives him. Mazino lets the group take the flower so they can pass the test and leaves.

After this, the group continues to ascend the tower for two years. After they reach the 28th floor we learn about a bot named Emily who helps people from all over the tower with questions. The information isn't always spot-on though. Dan in Khun's group tries to use this to help them pass the test and it miraculously plays out in their favor, but Khun has a meeting with him about it afterwards. Khun tries using the bot function for himself, only to find out that 25th Baam is still alive...

In the most recent episode, we learn the backstory of Kang and how he gained his powers through the sacrifice of others. A devil's power was implanted in him in his right arm, and the other half was implanted in the left arm of a guy named Cassano, who Kang knew at one time. Kang ends up leaving Wangnan and Viole's group in order to find Cassano, but little does he know that Khun is deadset on capturing the man...

Next time on Tower of God season two, episode ten. "The Hand of Arlen." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Finished Season 3 of Demon Slayer, finally! ^_^
I was very pleasantly content with how Season 3 ended, despite how much I cried LOL. Trying not to cry as I type out my review.

Nezuko can finally withstand the sun! How awesome is that?! I was literally bawling when she was burning, and Tanjiro was having an internal monologue moment while in the air 😭 Like, that had to have been such a difficult position for him to be in. Do his job, or save his little sister. Made me sob like a little baby because I really relate to Tanjiro when it comes to wanting to protect Nezuko.

Onto Season 4! I really loved this season a lot. The music, the aesthetics; everything. Heck, I think I have a soft spot for Genya now. He's so freakin' sweet, just misunderstood and a lil' baby 🥺 I love Mitsuri, this is a given-- every time she was on screen I'd have to fight back tears. I've never related to her more. Especially when she was having HER internal monologue xD Someone to love her as she is.. I've totally been there and I still struggle with that. And Muichiro was so cool too! I loved his fight with the Upper Rank demon, also. All in all, I LOVE Season 3. Not just because I'm biased due to my love and relatability to Mitsuri- but because it was just SUPER good. Muichiro, Genya.. my beloveds... 😭

Back