• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Thinking about getting back into anime but not sure. What?s good on Hulu and Netflix?

I recently finished Violet Evergarden on Netflix and it was really good. It's pretty serious and sad, though.

There's also Seven Deadly Sins on Netlix if you want some more light-hearted fantasy/action.

I recently started Baki on netflix and it was interesting to look at.. not my usual cup of tea but I liked the art.

Definitely an Inital D fan here though

I recently started Baki on netflix and it was interesting to look at.. not my usual cup of tea but I liked the art.

Definitely an Inital D fan here though

I've been watching baki as well, the muscles drew me in

recently watched blue excorcist and it was good imo. i was a bit annoyed when kyoto saga carried on from around ep 17 but i think it was better done than the first season. im now going to start steins;gate

BUMP.

I haven’t been able to watch as much anime lately, but I watched the most recent episodes of Black Clover.

Black Clover episodes 98-99:

I’ll just go over the highlights. Leopold and the other Crimson Lion magic knights took on Vice Captain Randall and his magic since he has an elf inside him. As Leopold was about to die, Fuegoleon Vermillion, the former captain of the Crimson Lion magic knights appeared, along with the fire spirit Salamander. The spirit had chosen him and helped him wake up to save his comrades who were fighting hard. Fuegoleon unleashed some powerful magic and binded Randall so he can’t cause any more harm as an elf. In episode 99, Mereoleona Vermillion vowed to kill all five of the magic knights and Raia who were elves in front of her. Out of options, she unleashed her ultimate spell with Mana Zone Release, turning the entire room into a burnt crisp with incredibly powerful magic. The five elves were badly damaged or weakened after that, and were about to finish off Mereoleona before Asta and Zora came back to save her. They used an improvised strategy where Zora created a trap spell to catch and send the five elemental blast magic back at the elves, and then sent that at Asta. Asta took out his anti-magic sword and batted it like a baseball back into the trap spell Zora had. The trap spell was about to break from the over-the-top magic, but Asta hit it from behind with his sword again and thus, Zora and Asta combined their trap and anti-magic magic powers to quadruple the force of the blast and send it back at the elves. Asta, Zora, and Mereoleona were then about to escape, but Raia grabbed Asta’s arm through some spatial magic, and Asta entrusted Zora with getting Mereoleona to safety. Asta showed up in a room where Mimosa was being held hostage by the elves, and at the opposite side of the room Asta saw that Yuno is now an elf... loved the action scenes and the strategies that the show displayed along with the different types of magic. Yuno becoming an enemy was definitely a twist (even though it was revealed a couple episodes ago if you pay attention). Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes.

I’m currently on episode five of Made In Abyss, but I’ll resume that when I have time. :)

Last edited:
Hozuki’s Coolheadedness is another that I really enjoyed, it probably isn’t one everyone would though... and I’d just like to say thanks for the thread xrileyx, it got me into anime when my world crumbled (I’d only watched Archer and Castlevania basically).

Hozuki’s Coolheadedness is another that I really enjoyed, it probably isn’t one everyone would though... and I’d just like to say thanks for the thread xrileyx, it got me into anime when my world crumbled (I’d only watched Archer and Castlevania basically).

I’m glad that it has been able to entertain and help you. Growing up as a teenager I never liked watching anime because I thought it was pretty weird and all, but a year or two ago I finally gave it a chance and began watching more and more series. It helped me through some really tough times and made my grades at school overall better than they were before. It also inspired me to continue working on my fictional book series that I hope to get published and manga and anime adaptations made for someday. It truly is great, inspiring, and helpful if you watch the right shows, and if nothing else, entertaining.

Sharing this because I’m not really watching any anime right now, but this scene reminds me of how I am with my fictional and nonfictional sports writing. Always room for improvement. ^^

That episode is about when I got caught up after binging it, I guess it’s been long enough for me to be able to do it again by now. One Piece threw me a life preserver and got me through a move, I made it to 812 before I started watching anything else. So now I’m officially addicted.

Just started watching F-Zero: GP Legend and it's not so bad.

Just watched the most recent episode of Black Clover.

Black Clover episode 100:

Finral was waken up by Captain Yami of the Black Bulls, and they teleported outside the city to determine what their next move should be. Meanwhile, Asta’s words made Yuno remember who he is (even though he has an elf inside him). The two combined their strength to defeat Hamon and Klaus, and then fought an awakened Licht. Licht proved to be too powerful at first, even with Asta’s Black Asta form and Yuno’s Spirit form + the energy from being awakened, but then Asta and Yuno surpassed their limits and attacked Licht at the same time with a superbly powerful attack. Licht endured it though and then sent the energy back at Asta and Yuno, who were sent to the ground and the resulting power of the attack made the ground explode and catch on fire (Zora protected Mereoleona and Mimosa during this). The charged attack from Licht also made a giant hole in the anti gravity magic region, thereby destroying it. Now Asta is reverted back to his normal self and what happens next awaits to be seen... overall a really highlight and action-packed episode of Black Clover. The animation was done very well in this episode and the opening theme played as Asta and Yuno were surpassing their limits and attacking Licht. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes.

I’m also still on episode 5 of Made in Abyss, but I have new headphones arriving tomorrow, so I’ll be able to continue that anime soon. c:

idk riley i feel like anime lowers my grades bc im watching it instead of studying

As Funimation says, you should be watching... :lemon:

Back