The Anime Thread

lmao yeah sucys my favourite
id say the second season is better bc it has less filler episodes. in the first season akko is unnecessarily annoying

Yeah, I just started with the first season and agree that Akko is pretty annoying. Sucy on the other hand is
just brilliant. Since you mentioned filler episodes, are there any episodes which aren't important (to say it
that way) in season one and which I don't necessarily need to see or is it better to watch all to understand
the story better?

Yeah, I just started with the first season and agree that Akko is pretty annoying. Sucy on the other hand is
just brilliant. Since you mentioned filler episodes, are there any episodes which aren't important (to say it
that way) in season one and which I don't necessarily need to see or is it better to watch all to understand
the story better?

not necessarily i dont think. i literally skipped an entire episode bc i was physically cringing

^I watched both the little witch academia shorts and started the series once, but I just can't get past how unbearably obnoxious the protagonist is.

finished watched anohana and it was b rilliant i cried lmao but i cry at everything so :^)
now in the middle of watching angel beats which is aMAZING

finished watched anohana and it was b rilliant i cried lmao but i cry at everything so :^)

I've been wanting to check out anohana for awhile! I see that they added it to Netflix so hopefully ill get around to it soon :D

Since I'm an oldtaku, I feel like mentioning El Hazard The Magnificent world. Released by Pioneer back in 98. Pioneer got bought by Geneon, they ended up closing down, the Funimation got a good chunk of their licences. There is another El Hazard, but I haven't seen it.

Vandread is also a good one.

Finally finished Yakusoku Neverland - brilliant anime! Spoilers ahead!!
I still don't believe that Norman was killed. The way his final scene was - I'm 100% sure he'll come back in the next season. But yeah, I love the ending and Mama's story, the escape plan - aboslutely perfect.

The wait for the next season will be awfully long! :c

And I'm also watching Robotics Notes anime - it's very interesting! The story is simple (they try to recreate school's robot-club), but it's very touching and sweet. I started the anime when I found out that Switch will be getting the visual novel (which is what the anime is based on) in 2020. So, that's great! :p

Apart from that, I'm slowly watching Clannad (again, because there's a visual novel XD) and it's very interesting, too.
Lastly, I'll try to finish up Naruto this or next week since I have less than 20 episodes left and I can finally start Shippuden (which is 500 episodes long =___+). After that I'll be wrapping up Dragon Ball (the very first one) and will finally start DB Z. :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Last edited:
I've been planning on giving Robotic Notes a go and every other Science adventure anime

Last edited:
Just finished Ergo Proxy, that one made my brain hurt lol. First episode or two were a little slow but by the end I was totally hooked. Definitely recommend if you like psychological post apocalyptic robot shenanigans

I haven't seen Soul Eater. Would anyone say it is a battle shounen? I might be in the mood for that kind of thing. Or get drunk with Space Dandy.

I haven't seen Soul Eater. Would anyone say it is a battle shounen? I might be in the mood for that kind of thing. Or get drunk with Space Dandy.

I guess I could see it as that, if you want adventure + a compelling storyline I highly recommend it! I hear space dandy is good too, though :lemon:

Last edited:
finished angel beats it was soo funny and sad i would watch it again: ( i love how each character had their own quirk

finished angel beats it was soo funny and sad i would watch it again: ( i love how each character had their own quirk

I cry every time and I hate myself for watching this after plastic memories

Recently I?ve watched the latest episodes of Black Clover.

Black Clover episodes 96-97:

A lot goes down, but basically the elves are being revived into the bodies of some of the magic knights, and now Asta, Noelle, Captain Yami, and others have to fight them in various locations while being at a serious disadvantage because of how much mana the elves possess. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes.

I also just recently started Made In Abyss, and omg it?s such a wonderful and cute show. All I?ll say about it for now are Riko and Reg are best team. <3

Last edited:
One of my favs is A Place Further than the Universe. For me, it's not just an anime. It's a reminder of why I love this medium in the first place and just entertainment in general. It's also the best example of the level of storytelling that can be told in a serialized format.

Yeah, so, I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion... I think my psyche is a little messed up right now.

Thinking about getting back into anime but not sure. What’s good on Hulu and Netflix?

Back