• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Omg yes!! It definitely take some thinking to wrap your head around :p I'd suggest the VNs because they go into a lot more detail than the anime. A lot of stuff was removed from the anime because of time restraints.
Agreed!!! No matter how many times I rewatch/replay steins;gate, I learn something new :D

Thank you for the recommendation! I’ll definitely check out the other material c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Almost every in Food Wars is attractive, even the older guys.

this is SO true heck

I'm a huuuge fan of Steins;gate/Science adventures so please feel free to hit me up with any questions

what are some other psychological anime that you like? I’m a big fan of the genre and I loved SG so I’d love to know some of your other faves!

what are some other psychological anime that you like? I?m a big fan of the genre and I loved SG so I?d love to know some of your other faves!

I'm currently having fun playing the chaos head/child series rn, it's pretty good! Other than that I'd recommend things like psycho-pass, death note, rezero, Mirai Nikki (plan to watch ಠ~ಠ), Tokyo Ghoul, Parasyte, Death Parade, promised neverland, Danganronpa (Also plan to watch ಥ_ಥ) etc.
~List of shows in that genre~

I personally love watching animes in the psychological genre aswell because they usually make my brain hurt afterwards. It's so much better then the brain numb action animes that are everywhere ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

I'm currently having fun playing the chaos head/child series rn, it's pretty good! Other than that I'd recommend things like psycho-pass, death note, rezero, Mirai Nikki (plan to watch ಠ~ಠ), Tokyo Ghoul, Parasyte, Death Parade, promised neverland, Danganronpa (Also plan to watch ಥ_ಥ) etc.
~List of shows in that genre~

I personally love watching animes in the psychological genre aswell because they usually make my brain hurt afterwards. It's so much better then the brain numb action animes that are everywhere ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

thank you so much! <3 I have a bunch of these on my to-watch list so I’ll definitely check them out, I’m especially interested in Death Parade so that’ll probably be first! I totally agree, they may give me existential crisises but it’s so worth it lmao

thank you so much! <3 I have a bunch of these on my to-watch list so I’ll definitely check them out, I’m especially interested in Death Parade so that’ll probably be first! I totally agree, they may give me existential crisises but it’s so worth it lmao
I love Death Parade!! It's one my favorite animes and you're definitely gonna enjoy it!
The opening is also dope. It segued me into Bradio's awesome music :D

Welp, it looks like Chaos head needs to be done first as stated by my brother. The science adventures discord also told me to not touch the chaos head/child anime series and instead "enjoy the breathtaking VNs". According to their discord, the anime is mess trying to contain everything from the story. After finding out that both Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate0 were at least 10x better in VN forms, I'm inclined to believe them.

I mean I can't speak on the quality of them myself, but "the adaption is worse and not worth it" is what literally every hardcore vn fan says about literally every vn adaption ever

I've frankly just taken to ignoring these people, because they're utterly worthless just impossible to please

(of course this isn't to say there aren't poor adaptions or issues within how a work is chosen to be adapted, but there's a reason why adaptions are basically never a 1:1 transfer of the original work. it simply just doesn't work)

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I'm one of "those" kinds of people since I went from anime to VN and came out liking VN more. I've never been a VN type of person because I didn't like the idea of owning a game that you're barely got to actually"play". After playing Steins; gate VN, I believe that more or less, my eyes and the world were opened to the possibility that these VNs weren't as bad as I made them out to be.

On that note of Choas; Head, I was going to watch the anime but I had many people like the ones you mentioned tell me that the anime sucked badly so I was a bit hesitant to try it. I'm more or less ok with either anime or VN but I do agree that most animation adaptations are going to be ruined in some avenue. Whether it's a rushed job or time restraint, either way, it's not going to work the same. However, that is not to say that adaptations don't have their merits. Sometimes just the animation or VA can shine in an adaptation creating something really special.

Last edited:
what are some other psychological anime that you like? I’m a big fan of the genre and I loved SG so I’d love to know some of your other faves!

I definitely recommend:

- Elfen Lied
- Serial Experiments Lain
- Perfect Blue
- Paprika
- Erased
- Mirai Nikki
- The Promised Neverland
- Danganronpa
- Death Note
- Madoka Magica
- Magical Girl Raising Project
- Re:Zero
- Haibane Renmei
- Hell Girl
- Another

I just started Higurashi When They Cry and that seems good as well. Kakegurui is also on my watchlist and I've heard good things about it.

Last edited:
I mean cringy fandom just comes with the territory of just about anything

unless it's so unnotable that it just flies under everyone's radar into the realm of forgotten shows

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do agree that most animation adaptations are going to be ruined in some avenue.

I... literally never said that

unless it's so unnotable that it just flies under everyone's radar into the realm of forgotten shows

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm going for rare ones too, like Haunted Junction. Probably wont find that one streaming.

Black Clover S3E14

New episode of Black Clover, episode 116, dropped yesterday!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Dark Elf Patry unleashed an ultimate move, and Asta and Yuno were able to deflect it just barely using all of their power. Dark Elf Patry unleashed another ultimate move, but Nozel Silva came to the rescue and deflected it on his own. He fought with Dark Elf Patry and binded him. Asta went into Dark Elf Patry?s mind and healed him with his sword back to normal Patry, saying he doesn?t care if he?s an elf, but that he won?t let him drown in despair. Mimosa began healing Raia?s wounds. Meanwhile up above, the demon confronted and tried to kill Licht, but elf Charla and Captain Yami came to Licht?s rescue. It looks like the humans and elves will be putting aside their differences to try and deal with the demon who uses word soul magic. Also, apparently Finral has woken up and Nero can talk? Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was more or less referring to the people who assume the original is always better.
I do agree that most animation adaptations are going to be ruined in some avenue.

y’all I finally watched Demon Slayer and I’m SHOOK, it’s every part as good as people say and that animation though *__*

y’all I finally watched Demon Slayer and I’m SHOOK, it’s every part as good as people say and that animation though *__*

It is right? I watched the first episode when it aired and it blew me away! I knew I was watching a masterpiece unfold :D

Speaking of masterpieces unfold... Has anyone seen "Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!"?! It's amazing!!!

Last edited:
Back