• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Hunter x Hunter is a good show. My review of it is posted earlier in this thread. I wouldn’t put it down just because you’ve already seen other Shonen anime.

Also, it’s worth noting in addition to what Zura said, the first two or so arcs can be REALLY boring if you’ve already seen other Shonen anime, but the Phantom Troupe, Greed Island, and especially Chimera Ant arcs are all very, VERY good and a key reason why this anime is way up there in terms of ratings.

I would keep watching if I were you, because it does get better as people say.

Which version of HxH?

Completed 5 eps of New Game! I really like it! It definitely makes me want to enjoy work more and spread some cheer into the office!

Haven't watched anime in a long time due to things like college but, I was recently coerced by my younger siblings to watch Demon Slayer together during break and WOW, I was immediately sucked in! Haven't been this interested in a show for a long time! Also pretty surprised to learn that Ufotable was the studio, I know them from Fate works and the style is rather different but the animation of course is always excellent!

Highly recommend this show if you haven't yet seen it already!

Last edited:
I recently watched the first episode of the new show "Somali and the forest spirit" and WOW it was gorgeous scenery and character design. I was nervous since it was one of those "adult male characters finds a small girl who calls him dad" anime but they established in the first episode pedophilia is disgusting so I'm all for it! has anyone else gotten into it yet?
I'm curious why that had you nervous? Well, to clarify the MC is a golem without a gender although, the girl calls him dad. Ngl I thought the whole finding her in the forest and calling him/it dad was sorta cute. Definitely fell in love with designs/characters!

Today I watched the first episode of the new Madoka Magica anime, Magia Record. Still waiting to see where it goes and if will be anywhere as interesting as the original, but one of the characters already intrigues me so that's a good start.

Watch the newest version, it's the most complete and accurate.

Though the old version had its charms, if you already are an HxH it might be fun to watch. It's full of filler, 90's cheesiness, and doesn't get very far in the story.

Coincidentally, it's the 2011 version that I'm watching. I had no idea an even older version existed.

Last edited:
Black Clover S3E15

New episode of Black Clover, episode 117, dropped yesterday!?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Captain Yami, Licht, and Charla continued to struggle in battle against the devil that had appeared. Meanwhile, Nero spoke to Finral and asked him to take her to where the first wizard king?s statue was. Finral used his spatial magic to take them there, removed the magic stones from the tablet, and put them into the statue of the first wizard king. The first wizard king was restored back to life, and Nero was restored to her original self, Secre. Secre has the magic to open and seal things. Lumiere, the first wizard king, and Secre headed into the Shadow Palace to deal with the devil. We got some backstory on how Lumiere and Secre worked together to create magic items, but the devil had appeared then, 500 years ago, to cause destruction to the elves. Licht knew it wasn?t Lumiere?s fault and he decided to save everyone by turning into a giant, evil demon, the one from the opening of the show that plays every time. This is certainly a shocking turn of events. Definitely looking forward to the reunion between Lumiere and Licht and the coming episodes!

I freaking love Noragami! I'm over halfway and dang it's so deep and real. I'm gonna binge the rest of s1 Friday night.

i started watching Welcome to Demon High School/魔入りました!入間くん! and i like it a lot. it's been a while since i watched a comedy anime and im enjoying it a lot. i'm so impatient though, so having to wait until saturday morning to watch it is suffering ;_;

gvfnjhvfcdrdtyubhnij tbt censoring the title..... ive been watching that too! im on ep 10 so far. after i saw it when just the first ep was out i went ahead and read all the available manga up til that point and there was one pretty good part but i gotta say i am kinda unimpressed overall myself.... i hope the anime did it differently! i will know soon enough :p it's not looking like it will cuz so far it's been pretty closely following the manga, im kinda surprised exactly how close it's following it! idk if this is the norm for adaptions cuz usually i don't read the manga for stuff at all (not cuz im uninterested it's just time consuming)

I finally started Fate/Zero this morning and I?m loving it so far! It?s my first time watching anything from the Fate series but I?m not too confused or anything haha xD

Last edited:
Watched episodes six through twelve of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Diamond is Unbreakable:

Koichi Hirose used his new Reverb Stand to deal with Mr. Kobayashi and his Stand, The Lock, that puts locks on peoples’ hearts when they feel guilt. Hirose defeated him and Mr. Kobayashi decided to work for Hirose. Then Josuke and Koichi dealt with Toshikazu Hazamada and his Stand, Show Off, which allows him to turn a doll into anyone that touches it and make them mimic the doll’s movements. Hazamada almost got Josuke to kill Jotaro, but was defeated. After that, Yukako Yamagishi fell in love with Koichi and abducted him using her Stand, Love Deluxe, which allows her hair to grow and wrap onto or hurt others. Koichi successfully let Josuke and Okuyasu know where he was, but Yukako went after Koichi and Koichi’s Reverb evolved to Reverb Act 2, which allowed him to blow her away and defeat her, only making her fall more in love with Koichi after he saved her from certain death. Next, Josuke and Okuyasu went to a new cafe that had opened where Tonio, the chef, serves customers based on who they are. The food tasted mysteriously good, and even helped heal Okuyasu, but once Josuke was suspicious he was caught and made to clean the kitchen. Because Tonio and his Stand, Pole Jam, aim to excel at making delicious food for people, he was not an antagonist. Okuyasu continued to get to eat great food while Josuke had to clean the kitchen as punishment for not washing his hands before entering. Lastly, the Stand Red Hot Chili Pepper made its appearance and attacked Josuke to see how strong he was. Josuke, Koichi, Okuyasu, and Jotaro met up to discuss how to deal with Chili Pepper as a very old Joseph Joestar was coming to visit Morioh and was in danger. Okuyasu engaged Chili Pepper in battle and made the mistake of digging up electrical wires when Chili Pepper was weakened, which allowed Chili Pepper to get away. Josuke and Koichi had to watch over the port and fight Chili Pepper, and the user, Akira Otoishi, in a desperate battle while Jotaro and Okuyasu went after the oncoming boat with Joseph Joestar in it by motorboat. Chili Pepper was defeated, but Akira somehow got onto the boat with Joseph Joestar. Okuyasu couldn’t tell who was the real Speedwagon Foundation member, but punched Akira instead of the real one, proving how stupid and brilliant he is at the same time by saying he would have punched both of them. Josuke finally got to meet his very old father, Joseph Joestar, and we got a glimpse of one of the next enemy Stand users... definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Up next on JoJo, We Picked Up Something Crazy! Break down break down... break down break down... yeah!​

Watched a few episodes of Lupin III (1971) and Dragon Ball.
Pretty excited to watch My Hero and Haikyuu tomorrow.

Back