• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Just finished Noragami season 1! Holy crap is it ever good!! All I've gotta say is I love the dynamic between Yato and Yukine. They're so sweet together!

My Hero Academia S4E14/RWBY V7E11

New episodes of My Hero Academia and RWBY, episodes 77 and 90 respectively, dropped earlier today!???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
In My Hero Academia, Midoriya had stopped Overhaul, but Eri?s quirk was going out of control. Eraser Head had to erase Eri?s quirk to get it to stop for now. The heroes and police rushed in and rescued the injured heroes and police. Meanwhile, the League of Villains made their move and abducted a restrained Overhaul from a moving police car. Shigaraki stole Overhaul?s quirk-destroying bullets and took his arms so he could no longer use his quirk. At the very end of the episode Midoriya walked with Eraser Head while Eraser Head explained everyone in the hospital was okay, just bruised and injured. They walked in to the room of a Sir Nighteye on his deathbed. All Might was there too, and Mirio showed up. Midoriya and Mirio told him to live, and All Might tried to apologize, but Sir Nighteye?s dying words were that a future without cheer and humor is not a bright future at all... and he died smiling.
In RWBY, General Ironwood took care of Arthur Watts and beat him in a close battle. Qrow, Clover, and Robyn Hill defeated and captured Tyrian Callows. But unbeknownst to everyone, Cinder and Neo had already infiltrated Atlas and were on their way to the winter maiden and the relics. Ironwood declared martial law and said that he was going to go forward with the plan to raise Atlas even higher into the sky, to protect the maiden and the relics. Ruby was told by Salem that even though she wanted to defeat Salem, those were the same words her mother said. Ruby and the others were put under arrest, and Oscar/Ozpin was nowhere to be found. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes for both shows!

Watched episodes thirteen through twenty of JoJo?s Bizarre Adventures Diamond is Unbreakable:

Josuke and Joseph Joestar picked up a baby that has a Stand that makes it invisible, Shizuka Joestar, and bought a bunch of baby things for it to be taken care of by a very old Joseph Joestar. Then Koichi and Hazamada went to Rohan Kishibe?s house and figured out he was a Stand user with his Heaven?s Door, where he can turn people into mangas and read about their lives. They almost all lost to him, including Okuyasu, but even though Rohan insulted Josuke?s hair, this made him open his eyes but also so furious that he beat Rohan anyway. After this, Josuke and Jotaro went hunting for rats that have acquired the Stand Ratt thanks to Akira, and defeated them. Then Rohan and Koichi went to an abandoned street and found a ghost girl and a ghost dog that told them that a murderer lived in Morioh City. Next, Josuke and Okuyasu encountered Shigechi and his Stand, Harvest, which allows him to gather things like money. They plotted some get rich quick schemes, but ultimately split a five million yen lottery ticket between the three of them and became friends. Finally, Yukako wanted Koichi to love her, but couldn?t figure out how, so she went to Aya and figured out she had the Stand Cinderella, which makes people beautiful and others fall in love with them. Yukako and Koichi got Yukako?s face back and fell in love thanks to Aya. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Up next on JoJo, Yoshikage Kira Just Wants to Live Quietly, part 1! Break down break down... break down break down... yeah!​

Black Clover S3E16

New episode of Black Clover, episode 118, dropped earlier today!???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
We got more backstory on how Lumiere defeated Licht in his ultimate demon form to save everyone 500 years ago. In the present, Lumiere and Licht fought together in front of Asta and others and had the devil on the ropes, but couldn?t defeat him. Asta intervened, but Licht borrowed the power from each of the elves to unleash the ultimate sword magic spell on the devil. Even though it completely destroyed him, it couldn?t destroy his heart and he regenerated. Next up, Asta is about to unleash the final attack with the others... definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

This post is just to say that Mob Pyscho is awesome and also a reminder that if you haven't watched it yet, you're missing out!

Will watch Mob Psycho for sure just because you posted that. I’m currently on episode 155 of GinTama... because it’s always recommended by you guys and it’s pretty good so thank you all!!!!

Yeah, Gintama is so freaking awesome! Enough to even get me to change me UN here xD

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!!

Watched episodes twenty one through thirty nine of JoJo?s Bizarre Adventures Diamond is Unbreakable:

Shigechi was on his way with Josuke and Okuyasu to school when he accidentally swapped lunch boxes with Yoshikage Kira. He tried to get his lunchbox back from Kira, but Kira used his Stand, Deadly Queen, to make Shigechi explode and defeat him. Saddened at the loss of Shigechi, Josuke, Jotaro, and the others met and set out to find him. Koichi and Jotaro ran into him at the shoe store, and Jotaro was badly injured and Koichi almost died from Kira?s second Stand ability, Heart Attack. Josuke and Okuyasu showed up and healed them, and they found Kira?s father and captured him in a photograph. He got away, however, with the Stand arrow. Then, Rohan had to fight a boy named the Janken boy who wanted to beat anyone at Janken. His Stand allowed him to absorb other Stands if he wins three times, but Rohan beat him and told him to no longer use his power for evil. After that, Josuke and Okuyasu met Mikitaka, a Stand user who is convinced he?s an alien. Next, Rohan was attacked by Yuya Fungami and his Stand, Highway Go Go that sucks the nutrients out of people in a tunnel. Josuke managed to defeat him, however. A Stand named Stray Cat appeared at Kira?s new house after he had changed his name, face, and everything about him. The Stand has the ability to shoot air bullets and he used this to his advantage. On July 15th, Thursday, everyone encountered a number of Stand users including Toyohiro and his Stand, Superfly and the Stand Cheap Trick, but they were defeated. Finally, Hayato learned the truth about Kira and his Deadly Queen. However, Kira found out about this and killed him and Rohan, but had the morning reset every time Rohan blew up. Kira gained a third Stand ability, Bites the Dust, that allows him to blow away time and go back in time. Hayato couldn?t tell the others about his dad or they would blow up. Unfortunately for Kira, on the fourth repeat of the morning, Hayato called Josuke and told him to wake up. Josuke didn?t oversleep and found Yoshikage Kira in his new body with Hayato. Okuyasu and Josuke fought him and Stray Cat, but Okuyasu was badly wounded and thought to be dead. Just when Josuke was out of ideas and was going to die, Okuyasu showed up and scraped away Stray Cat?s attack from Kira. With Kira on the ropes and out of options with Jotaro, Koichi, and Rohan nearby, he tried to turn back time but Koichi?s Reverb froze his hand to the ground enough so that Jotaro stopped time with Star Platinum and defeated him. Kira then finally died when he was hit by the ambulance moving backwards nearby. The people of Morioh could finally rest and Joseph Joestar said the people of Morioh have hearts of gold, right before Josuke took some money from him...

Overall, I thought JoJo?s Bizarre Adventures part 4 Diamond is Unbreakable was very well done and had an interesting, colorful cast of characters that were Stand users. I definitely enjoyed it and I?m looking forward to catching up with JoJo?s Bizarre Adventures part 5 Golden Wind. Until next time!​

Just an another AMV for Demon Slayer for your enjoyment

- - - Post Merge - - -

When trying to get someone to watch Demon slayer, just show them the above video :p

My Hero Academia S4E15/RWBY V7E12

New episodes of My Hero Academia and RWBY, episodes 78 and 91 respectively, dropped earlier today!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-
Gran Torino and the police went after Kurogiri from the League of Villains and captured him, but also encountered Gigantomachia, another one of All For One?s subordinates. Midoriya talked with Mirio in the hospital and Mirio vowed to not stop smiling and get his quirk back no matter what. Now, Bakugo and Todoroki are retaking their provisional license exams to become heroes. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang had to fight the Atlas Ops to avoid arrest and defeated them. Meanwhile, Jaune, Nora, Ren, and Oscar found Neopolitan. As Winter Schnee and Penny were about to transfer the winter maiden powers to Winter, Cinder attacked them. Tyrian Callows crashed the ship Qrow, Clover, and Robyn were in. Qrow made sure to check if Robyn was okay. Qrow fought Clover to avoid arrest, but Tyrian got free and stabbed Clover with Qrow?s sword, killing him. Then Tyrian got away and Qrow pounded the ground and screamed while crying in a shock of loss. Definitely looking forward to the next episode!

the anime i'm super fixated on currently is beastars!
it's certainly not for everyone, granted the darker and mature themes present, but if you ever wanted a more dark zootopia, there it is.

it's certainly not for everyone, granted the darker and mature themes present, but if you ever wanted a more dark zootopia, there it is.

I've really been wanting to watch Beastars ever since I saw a preview of it. It's not available on any of my streaming services yet, but I think it's supposed to come to Netflix in the US in February? I hope so. I'll definitely watch it.

Last edited:

I binged all of Beastars in the space of a day a few days ago and I loved it! It’s definitely one of the most unique anime I’ve seen, I’m really excited for season 2!

Black Clover S3E17

New episode of Black Clover, episode 119, dropped earlier today!???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Nozel, Mereoleona, and the others helped Noelle, Jack, and Fana while the inhuman magic was spreading. Meanwhile, Asta, Yuno, Lumiere, Licht, Secre, and Patry continued to fight the devil. Asta and Yuno were having a tough time fighting him, but evolved even more when Yuno made a sword of his wind magic, Spirit of Zephyr, and Asta?s anti-magic sword grew into Black Divider. To help them out, Captain Yami from below timed and placed his new dark magic spell, dark dimension slash Equinox perfectly, slicing the devil in half all the way from the bottom level. Yuno opened up the devil more with wind magic, Secre sealed Asta?s physical damage, and Asta?s anti-magic sword grew giant to Giant Black Divider while the opening theme from the show played. Asta put everyone?s hard work into one final strike and ripped the devil a new one, slicing his heart in half with his anti-magic. Now, the battle has finally ended and the Shadow Palace is crumbling. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

I've finally finished watching Record of Grancrest War on Netflix. It took me a long while to get back into this particular anime. The anime wasn't really grabbing my attention that much from what I remembered, so it was kind of difficult to actually want watch it at all. Though... Only had to finish two episodes of it and I would be completely done with it from what I noticed when I went on Netflix. Decided to watch the anime today and finish it since I wanted to watch an anime on Netflix. Plus... The anime was getting closer to the end.

The next anime that I decided to watch is Ensemble Stars! since I have been listening to lots of Love Live! songs lately. Thought this was a sign that I should watch an idol anime. I might as well add Love Live! Sunshine!! and Love Live! Sunshine!! (2nd Season) on to my list of anime to watch. Haven't seen these two yet, but I have listened to some of the songs.

i return once more to say: dorohedoro is great. assuming you can handle the gore and stuff.
i didn't know it existed until very recently, but i'm reading it cuz only 3 episodes are out currently.
on chapter 40.
v e r y g o o d .

Back