• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

There is at least one One Piece movie we haven't gotten in the states. Pretty sure it's the movie the following short was shown before. The title is "One Piece: Adventure on Negimaki Island." I've got a book originally from Borders titled "Anime Poster Art", dated 2003. No sign of chopper on the poster.

- - - Post Merge - - -

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0832449/

Looks like it's "One Piece: Clockwork Island Adventure".

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also just found a bootleg listing on ebay calling it Adventures on Spiral Island. You'd think they'd dub all they could of that series.

Psycho pass
Demon slayer
Nana
Death parade
Devil may cry
Boku no hero academia
Orange
Ergo proxy
Neon Genesis Evangelion

I’m on 220 of GinTama... I had to stop it because I’m laughing so hard. Oh my God
YoungInfantileJaguarundi-size_restricted.gif

It's gonna be like that ;)

I am a pretty big fan of Yo****oshi Abe and his series Serial Experiments Lain !
And also, Satoshi Kon and his films Tokyo Godfathers and Perfect Blue !

There is at least one One Piece movie we haven't gotten in the states

there's a ton of movies we're missing, since movie 8 new dub showcasing shenanigans aside, funi's only ever bothered to license the stuff oda directed

so 1-7+9 are all out, piracy the only way to view a translated version

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yo****oshi Abe

god, I love word filters

actually, this is why they're bad

There may be some funi business with another title I probably shouldn't mention here. Main characters include a human, angel, and elf. Rather new title.

My Hero Academia S4E16/RWBY V7E13

New episodes of My Hero Academia and RWBY, episodes 79 and 92 respectively, dropped earlier today!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-
Shoto, Bakugo, Camie, and Inasa began retaking the provisional hero license exam. Their task is to win the hearts of the kids who will be the up and coming heroes of the next generation. They tried a variety of methods to no avail. They then decided to show the kids their quirks, and fight them. Meanwhile, Endeavor talked to All Might while watching about what it means to be the Symbol of Peace and the number one hero... All Might said that Endeavor is different from him and that he doesn?t have to copy the way All Might went about things. With no Symbol of Peace currently that people look up to and the kids being rowdy, things are looking bad for Shoto, Bakugo, and the others. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
Neo fought Jaune, Ren, Nora, and Oscar, and got away with the lamp. Meanwhile, Cinder attacked Winter, Penny, and the winter maiden, and the winter maiden passed on her powers to Penny and died. Cinder fled, frustrated, but met up with Neo to retrieve the lamp. Qrow and Robyn were taken into custody for the death of Clover. Oscar got away from everyone, but noticed something was off. As General Ironwood was trying to raise Atlas further into the sky, Salem arrived with a gigantic Grimm force including the flying Grimm monkeys she made. Definitely looking forward to the next volume!
Overall volume seven was pretty good, filled with fun, action, humor, and a few surprise twists as well. While the volume didn?t excel in areas past volumes did, it did make use of the cast of characters it had together pretty well. RWBY volume seven gets a solid 7/10 on the anime scale. Until next time!​

Watched episodes one through eleven of JoJo?s Bizarre Adventures Golden Wind.

In modern day Italy, Giorno Giovanna is a 15 year old Stand user who is also the illegitimate son of DIO. His Stand is known as the ?Golden Experience? and it has the power to give life to inanimate objects. One day, Giorno runs into Koichi Hirose and steals his luggage. He then kills Leaky-Eye Luca, which draws the attention of Bruno Bucciarati from the Passione gangster organization in Italy. Bruno comes after Giorno with his Stand, Zipper Man, and almost kills him, but Giorno resolves to join the organization Bruno is in, Passione, and change it from the inside by eventually taking out an unnamed boss. To join, he first has to meet with Polpo, the capo of where Giorno lives, and complete his trial. Polpo?s trial consists of keeping a flame lit for a full day without it going out. Polpo?s Stand, Shadow Sabbath, goes around and kills people with the arrow from JJBA part 4 who relight the flame after it has gone out. With the help of Koichi Hirose, Giorno completes the trial, and Hirose agrees to turn a blind eye to Giorno joining the Passione organization. Bruno then introduces Giorno to his team members, Mista, Abbachio, Narancia, and Fugo. They don?t get along at first, but after Giorno risks his life while they are trying to get Polpo?s fortune to make Bruno a capo, they start to accept him more. They successfully take out several Stand users and retrieve Polpo?s fortune, and Bruno becomes the capo of the now dead Polpo?s old turf (Giorno turned one of his bananas into a gun, which made it look like Polpo took himself out). Once Bruno is a capo, the group is immediately tasked with guarding the unnamed boss?s daughter, Trish Una, from other gangster Stand users. And thus, the true journey begins with the second mission being assigned from the boss. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Up next on JoJo, The Second Mission from the Boss. Go freaks JoJo!​

it just furthers my theory that anime licensers don't properly research the stuff they license

That is one consensus. They probably thought they could remove stuff they don't like again. They made it to episode 3.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Addendumfuni business IR 1.jpg

They have altered a lot before, and handled worse.

Last edited:
so what would everyone say their favourite anime of the season so far is? c:

I'm really enjoying Somali and the Forest Spirit. It's looks beautiful, has great characters, and an interesting story so far.

I'm also very interested in Beastars, but I haven't been able to watch that yet so I can't say how I would rank it.

Yes I agree, Somali is fantastic and definitely one of my favourites too! I’ve seen Beastars and it’s amazing too, I’m sure you’re going to love it!

I'm only watching A3! at the moment due to my current idol phase.

Otherwise, I'm reading Spy Family, Act Age and Summer Time Rendering. Summer Time Rendering is so good and I'd love to be able to find someone to discuss it with. Probably appeals to people who like mysteries and time looping - ie. Higurashi no naku koro ni, Steins;Gate, Zero Escape series etc. Such brilliant pacing and characterization. I'm very emotionally invested and tormented by the series.

Does anyone have any opinions about Darwin's Game yet? It popped up in my recommended list and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the watch because I'm currently watching more than I can keep up with as it is. It seems like it might be similar to Mirai Nikki, which I loved. So the genre interests me, just not sure if it's done well.

There may be some funi business with another title I probably shouldn't mention here. Main characters include a human, angel, and elf. Rather new title.

from what ive heard the anime goes beyond anything in the manga so i can understand funi dropping it tbh but they probably shouldve done more research into what they were licensing

- - - Post Merge - - -

so what would everyone say their favourite anime of the season so far is? c:

it would have to be keep your hands off eizouken. i love the unique artstyle (same director as devilman crybaby and ping pong) and its just really fun to watch. i'm also enjoying haikyu s4 but bOY the new artstyle is kinda killing my vibe (they did asahi dirtyyyy)
hanako-kun has also been great, i LOVEE the art its adorable also yashiro is so preciousss
plunderer has been good i guess its got potential but some of the ecchi is questionable
i was quite shocked when a3 was getting an adaptation tbh, but imo its been pretty good so far and very similar to the game.

Back