• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

So far somali is my favorite!!! In/spectre seems pretty cool too, I am in LOVE with the OP and ED for that one.

i started watching Eizouken and i really like it. it makes me feel like a kid somehow, the art style is cute too. now i have two ongoing shows to keep up on!

Black Clover S3E18

New episode of Black Clover, episode 120, dropped earlier!
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-
The Shadow Palace crumbled and with the help of Valtos and Rades, everyone got out safely. Asta, with the help of Patry and Licht, used his newest anti-magic sword to reach all the elves in the kingdom and break the reincarnation spell on all of them. Patry gave his body back to Captain William Vangeance, as he too was spirited away with the rest of the elves from the Clover kingdom people?s bodies. Rades used his wraith magic, however, to give Patry a new body, so he could atone for what he had done. Everyone from all sides came together after defeating the devil and finally ended the 500 year long pain and hatred that had come from the devil. At the very end, Secre had to watch the first Wizard King, someone she cared about very much, run out of magic and break away into nothing. Now it?s a new dawn for the Clover Kingdom! Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Watched episodes twelve through sixteen of JoJo?s Bizarre Adventures Golden Wind.

The gang split up as Giorno, Fugo, and Abacchio were tasked with retrieving the key that would take them on a train to Florence. They faced off against Illuso and his Stand, Mirror Man, which grabs people and drags them into a mirror world once they look at the mirror Illuso is in. They were able to defeat him using teamwork and Giorno?s intuitive, clever thinking. The group of six then boarded the train and headed to Florence inside a turtle that has a Stand where they can be inside of the key in the turtle. Two enemy Stand users, Proscuitto and Pesci boarded the train as well and Proscuitto began indiscriminately attacking all the passengers using his Stand, The Thankful Death, which ages people rapidly. Pesci used his Stand, Beach Boy, which is a fishing rod that can capture or hurt anyone, to get Mista to come out. Proscuitto then took care of Mista, but Mista was seen to still be alive. Bruno Bucciarati then took care of both Proscuitto and Pesci on his own with help and insight from Mista?s Stand. The group reconvened inside the key on the turtle, and continued on their way to Florence. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Up next on JoJo, Babyhead. Go freaks JoJo!​

so what would everyone say their favourite anime of the season so far is? c:

I'm really enjoying Magia Record. Even though it's just a side story, I'm really happy to be watching something that's part of the PMMM franchise again. It kind of makes me feel like I should go back and play the mobile game more. XD

My Hero Academia S4E17

An all new episode of My Hero Academia, episode 80, released just a bit ago!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Shoto, Bakugo, Camie, and Inasa were able to take the kids attacks and create a wonderful ice slide with rings of fire and objects as the base by combining their quirks. They showed the kids that quirks aren?t just for fighting, but can do some pretty other amazing things as well. Then, Midoriya was going about his business when Aoyama suddenly started becoming more friendly with him. He surprised Midoriya with cheese and then, while working on their ultimate moves, told Midoriya that his quirk is like his own, in that they can?t fully control it yet. Midoriya thanked him and said his surprise was a huge success, and that?s how they became friends. Next up, a school festival is going to happen while evil stealthily slithers in the dark. Definitely looking forward to the next episodes! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

So i started watching hunter?hunter(2011),It’s a pretty good anime though I don’t know how it’s ratings are almost on par with FMA brotherhood

- - - Post Merge - - -

So i started watching hunter?hunter(2011),It?s a pretty good anime though I don?t know how it?s ratings are almost on par with FMA brotherhood

i recently rewatched the classic chobits to see what kid me enjoyed about it.
i think i definitely didnt absorb a lot of the subtext and i was surprised by how emotionally intense the show got at times. it also got me thinking about if a show with the premise of chobits was made nowadays by someone other than CLAMP, it would be ecchi, but compared to some modern stuff chobits' fanservice didnt put me off at all. i had forgotten all of the mystery surrounding chii, too. honestly it was a really good experience to rewatch it and it almost made me cry at times, with some questionable moments that im still Uhhhh... unsettled by .. (like a highschool girl ending up with a forty year old man as one of the romantic subplots, unnecessary fanservice) but the fanservice fades away around the halfway mark in replacement for some more in depth statements about love, what makes love matter, and our relationship with technology vs humans (but not in an anti-tech boomer way). it was really fun to watch.
(no spoilers i just didnt want to have a wall of text)

Black Clover S3E19

New episode of Black Clover, episode 121, released earlier!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
With things returning to normal in the Clover Kingdom, not everything was normal. Julius, the current Wizard King, is now stuck in a younger body version of himself thanks to a magic item reviving him from the dead. He said there?s three problems the Clover Kingdom faces now. The first is the one just explained. The second is that the Clover Kingdom could be attacked by the Diamond, Heart, or Spade kingdoms. The third is that Asta may die (which made Asta freak out and Captain Yami say essentially tough luck, which was hilarious). Asta and Secre were put on trial by the Magic Knight Council and Damnatio Kira was about to find Asta and Secre both guilty for dabbling in devil and forbidden magic respectively. They brought out Marie, Gauche?s sister, and were about to condemn her, but Asta turned into black form and protected her. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

started watching haibane renmei. its killing me not to look up spoilers and figure out whats up with the haibane and the town and the walls and everything... i wanna know so bad. alas, not enough time in the day to binge it :x

Currently watching Adventures of Sinbad. I've watched Magi back in 2014 and Sinbad was my favorite in the series now regretting why I waited so long to watch AOS. I'm loving it so far.

Finally caught up on my currently airing anime.

Haikyu!! was getting really depressing with the last couple episodes I watched before catching up. I'm happy to see Hinata bouncing back from it all. Just being the best "Ball Boy" he can be.

My Slice of Life Academia is...well... just that. I really hope this Slice of Life doesn't last too long.

Haikyu!! was getting really depressing with the last couple episodes I watched before catching up. I'm happy to see Hinata bouncing back from it all. Just being the best "Ball Boy" he can be.

My Slice of Life Academia is...well... just that. I really hope this Slice of Life doesn't last too long.

hinata best ball boy thats a fact

ngl i kinda like it when it goes slice of life academia,, but then again i like slice of lifes (slice of lives? slice of live ?/ oh god)

Guys I’ve been super into black clover lately it’s so gooooood. Me and my fianc? just finished season 1 the other day! I can’t wait to finally be caught up

hinata best ball boy thats a fact

ngl i kinda like it when it goes slice of life academia,, but then again i like slice of lifes (slice of lives? slice of live ?/ oh god)

I like Slice of Life as well and I don't mind the exam stuff.
It's more... we just came off a CRAZY arc and I don't know how hype I'll be for a festival. lmao

(oh..god what is the correct way to say that?! XD)

I don’t think it will last too long to be honest. If going by the manga is anything to go by, the pro hero arc should be very interesting. Also, with everything that happened in the first half of season four, I feel like the series does kind of need a breather...

Guys I’ve been super into black clover lately it’s so gooooood. Me and my fianc? just finished season 1 the other day! I can’t wait to finally be caught up

I’m so glad you are interested in Black Clover because by this point it’s such an underrated show when it’s just as good as other anime that are out there. I’m not saying it’s absolutely spectacular or anything, but the buildup from the beginning to where it is now is simply amazing and it deserves more hype. :)

not anime but has anyone read the new Death Note one shot? I’m interested to hear other people’s thoughts!

I've finished Ensemble Stars! like around two weeks ago and had a good time watching the anime. It's not an anime that I would watching over and over again, but I enjoyed the anime for what it is and I wish their songs had longer versions of them.

The next anime that I watched after Ensemble Stars! was an anime called Ao-chan Can't Study!. I was a little bit hesitate when I came across this anime, but I decided to watch the anime and I ended up enjoying the anime after giving it a chance.

Decided to go with Golden Time next, but I currently have it on hold at the moment. That was due to wanting to watch Tanaka-kun is Always Listless for some reason. I actually had Tanaka-kun is Always Listless on-hold after watching the first episode. Just finished Tanaka-kun is Always Listless Specials today. Not sure what anime I want to go with next, but I hope I'll enjoy watching it like the ones that I had recently finished.

Back