• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I really liked the first season of Black Butler so I would recommend it, but after season 1 it went downhill for me. I think the ending to season 1 was perfect and there was no need to continue on, especially since the story got really convoluted after that. But that's just my opinion.

I also highly recommend The Promised Neverland and Another.

I did pick up Uta no Prince Sama. It feels like a romantic comedy. It's an idol show about a group of guys. The main character is the lady who writes for them. I've just seen season 1. Princess Jellyfish might have some romance. Only seen 2 eps online, and a couple clips.

^ Princess Jellyfish is very lightly romantic and way more about friendship but is still worth watching for sure!

Some romances/shows with romance elements I loved:

- Toradora
- Your Lie In April
- Fruit?s Basket (remake especially)
- My Love Story!! (my favourite romance shojo <3)
- Nana (a bit darker in tone and not fully romance but it?s one of my favourites and relationships is one of the biggest themes)
- Kaguya-sama: Love Is War
- Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny Girl Senpai
- Paradise Kiss

Last edited:
^ Princess Jellyfish is very lightly romantic and way more about friendship but is still worth watching for sure!

Some romances/shows with romance elements I loved:

- Toradora
- Your Lie In April
- Fruit’s Basket (remake especially)
- My Love Story!! (my favourite romance shojo <3)
- Nana (a bit darker in tone and not fully romance but it’s one of my favourites and relationships is one of the biggest themes)
- Kaguya-sama: Love Is War
- Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny Girl Senpai
- Paradise Kiss

You did mention shojo, so my mind went to Ouran Host Club.

Are we recommending romances?

Toradora
Your lie in April
Steins Gate
Plastic Memories
Bunny girl Senpai
Love is war
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions

Darling in the Franxx
Death Parade
Gamers!
Gosick
Ancient Magus Bride

Hyouka
Engaged to the unidentified
Shield Hero
SukaSuka
Twin Excorcist
Haruhi Suzumiya
Sword art Online
Tokyo Goul

Can you tell I like romance?

Last edited:
I finished reading the new Deathnote 2020 one shot, which is still available for free on VIZ's official website. I wasn't aware about its existence until I heard from someone that Deathnote was being continued. I was pretty bummed to see it was only a oneshot, though. Then again, I can't really imagine a proper continuation for the series.

Avoiding as much spoilers as possible, I haven't been much of a fan of Deathnote's oneshot mangas, so I don't personally consider them cannon. (I don't know if officially they are or aren't.) I don't like how each new main character introduced is always living in Light's shadow. No matter how interesting they may be (or not) they'll always seem to be second best, which os rather boring. In the first oneshot, N teased the MC for not being as smart as Kira and unworthy of the title, thus leading them to kill themselves/aka pointless. In the 2020 oneshot manga, the MC is fairly smart, but the ending was so cheap and forced that it also left me feeling as though the mini continuation was unneeded/pointless, not to mention the how silly it was for the world leaders to bid ridiculous amounts of cash on the Deathnote.

I'm starting to wonder if Deathnote is better left as is or if a sequel can really be made out of it or maybe a prequel would be better.

Toradora
Your lie in April
Steins Gate
Plastic Memories
Bunny girl Senpai
Love is war

Darling in the Franxx
Death Parade
Gamers!
Gosick
Ancient Magus Bride

Hyouka
Shield Hero
SukaSuka
Twin Excorcist
Haruhi Suzumiya
Sword art Online
Tokyo Goul

to be honest i dont consider steins gate a romance. its more focused on the sci fi/thriller aspect

to be honest i dont consider steins gate a romance. its more focused on the sci fi/thriller aspect
A lot of those aren't completely romance but have lots of romance in them. Steins Gate has a very prevalent romance theme on side of sci-fi. It's especially noticable during S;G0

Not mentioning how the VNs go even further into the romance. They even made a specific game for it called Darlings embrace (still need to play this :/)

Last edited:
Black Clover S3E20

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 122, released earlier!?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-
Asta was about to be condemned by Damnatio Kira, but the Black Bulls arrived just in time. The Black Bulls recruited Secre into their ranks and were about to fight Kira, but Captain Nozel and Captain Fuegoleon showed up with an order from the Wizard King that the Black Bulls and Asta go find out more about the devils to prove their innocence and get rid of the forbidden magic that Secre has. Now, as the Clover Kingdom is being rebuilt, the group will have to travel west to find out about the devils. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Also watched episodes 17 through 22 of JoJo?s Bizarre Adventures Golden Wind.

Giorno and the group passed Florence and made their way to Venice. They defeated Melone and his Stand, Babyhead, and then went on to defeat Ghiaccio and his Stand, White Ice, as well. After arriving in Venice, they went to the location marked by the boss. It turns out that the boss was going to kill Trish, however, so Bruno Bucciarati turned on him and his Emperor Crimson ability which can stop time. This made Bruno and the others traitors. Everyone followed the boat to leave Venice except for Fugo, who regarded them as goners. Now, while figuring out what their next move is, they are being attacked by the Stands Crush and Talking Mouth. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Up next on JoJo, Crush and Talking Mouth. Go freaks JoJo!​

Toradora
Your lie in April
Steins Gate
Plastic Memories
Bunny girl Senpai
Love is war

Darling in the Franxx
Death Parade
Gamers!
Gosick
Ancient Magus Bride

Hyouka
Shield Hero
SukaSuka
Twin Excorcist
Haruhi Suzumiya
Sword art Online
Tokyo Goul

Person also likes horror. Not sure what kind.

I dont watch a whole lot of horror but Shiki and Another were pretty good:D

Last edited:
the original Hellsing is really good as far as horror goes 0v0

getting close to the timeskip in One Piece ;n;
(i don't care for it after the timeskip so i'll probably stop there lol)

also re-watching fullmetal alchemist for the 1000000000th time LOL

I finished the first season of Higurashi When They Cry the other day. I really loved it. It was exactly what I was expecting based on a short clip I had seen that peaked my interest in the show.

I attempted to start season 2 today, but VRV has been down all evening so I guess I'll have to wait. :(

I dont watch a whole lot of horror but Shiki and Another were pretty good:D

Oh my goodness! I'm so happy to see someone else enjoyed Shiki!! It's my fave anime of all time. <3 I really enjoyed Another as well. I think I remember reading somewhere that the woman who wrote Shiki and the man who wrote Another are married in real life, lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I finished the first season of Higurashi When They Cry the other day. I really loved it. It was exactly what I was expecting based on a short clip I had seen that peaked my interest in the show.

I attempted to start season 2 today, but VRV has been down all evening so I guess I'll have to wait. :(

Higurashi was great. I couldn't help but binge watch a lot of it. Some of the OVAs were a little ecchi for my taste, but I loved the rest of it.

so i finished fmab and im SO SAD it was SO GOOD and i really wanna watch moree ;( itd be interesting to get some spin offs set after the main event
to those who watched the 2003 fma, is it worth watching? i kinda wanna watch it tbh

Oh my goodness! I'm so happy to see someone else enjoyed Shiki!! It's my fave anime of all time. <3 I really enjoyed Another as well. I think I remember reading somewhere that the woman who wrote Shiki and the man who wrote Another are married in real life, lol.
Omg, It's true :eek: wow that's crazy! Oh, and yes, my brother and I absolutely loved Shiki and we rewatch it every now and then.

Anyone else watch World End? It's one of my favorites and I don't think many people have watched it.

Last edited:
Yes, I watched World End... I had to check to be sure though, I think I remember it being kind of sad? If you mean What are you doing at the end of the world? Will you save us but I think I liked it because if I can’t remember it but vaguely, I probably binged it and I tend to not rewatch the sad ones if that makes sense. I watch a lot of anime... I’m actually rewatching GinTama because I loved it so much. Kono Suba was better the third time I saw it to tell you the truth.

Back