• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Yes, I watched World End... I had to check to be sure though, I think I remember it being kind of sad? If you mean What are you doing at the end of the world? Will you save us but I think I liked it because if I can’t remember it but vaguely, I probably binged it and I tend to not rewatch the sad ones if that makes sense. I watch a lot of anime... I’m actually rewatching GinTama because I loved it so much. Kono Suba was better the third time I saw it to tell you the truth.

Honestly, I am the same but I can after a while and after watching some other shows. And yes, that's what I meant by World end, commonly called SukaSuka. I loved it so much that I ended up buying and reading the LNs. TBH the entire anime was like one big Ad to get people to read the LNs but heck, both were great!

Watched episodes 23 through 28 of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Golden Wind.

Narancia had to fight Tiziano and Squalo, and their Stands Talking Mouth and Crush. He ended up being able to defeat them with a little help from Giorno, and grew as a fighter. The group then headed to Sardinia from Venice, the location of Emperor Crimson’s true identity. While on the plane they had to fight a Stand called Notorious Chase, which attacks anything that moves. Trish used her Stand, Spicy Lady, which has the power to make things more elastic, in order to defeat the Stand. The group then landed in Sardinia. We got some backstory on a man named Doppio, who is being used by the true Emperor Crimson in order to eliminate Abbacchio and prevent him from using his Stand to figure out Emperor Crimson’s true identity. On the way to the group, Doppio encountered Risotto, the last of the Hitman team and his Stand, Metallic. Doppio almost lost, but got Narancia’s Lil Bomber, which was scouting the area, to help him finish off Risotto. Doppio then passed by Abbacchio along with some other kids and killed him. The group was too late to help Abbacchio out and he didn’t have a chance to defend himself. RIP Abbacchio. With the last of his Stand power, Moody Jazz, however, he was able to help the group learn of Emperor Crimson’s user’s true face. Now the only members that remain are Bruno, Giorno, Mista, Narancia, and Trish. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Up next on JoJo, Get to the Roman Colosseum! Go freaks JoJo!​

Last edited:
Has anyone else been watching Chihayafuru?
It?s finally back with a third season after several years, and I can only recommend it.
I?d put it somewhere in between the slice of life, sports, and romance genres, but it?s a bit tricky to define.

The story centers around Highschool age characters playing competitive Karuta: a card game that uses traditional Japanese poetry but plays like a sport because it relies on extreme speed and dexterity. It?s a good balance of serious and funny, with well-developed characters and great pacing.

^ I’ve been considering watching it! I love josei anime and I’ve heard it’s one of the best so maybe I’ll get round to it one day~

so I finally watched The Promised Neverland and HOLY CRAP for sure the best 2019 anime I’ve seen

Yesssss is greaat. I read the manga a few months ago and I really liked it too, tho I'm not updated so idk if it gets worse or not, but I recommend giving it a try since you finished the anime!!

i just watched angel beats hells kitchen and another epilogue and it reminded me just how much i love angel beats. im too scared to rewatch it tho bc the ending killed me inside
im currently reading the heavens door manga and it better get animated soon or im starting a crusade
also key pls translate the vn ok bye

I finished the first season of Higurashi When They Cry the other day. I really loved it. It was exactly what I was expecting based on a short clip I had seen that peaked my interest in the show.

I attempted to start season 2 today, but VRV has been down all evening so I guess I'll have to wait. :(

Higurashi was one of my favorites years back. Umineko no naku koro ni is by the same people and also pretty good!

- - - Post Merge - - -

so I finally watched The Promised Neverland and HOLY CRAP for sure the best 2019 anime I’ve seen

YESSSS the promised Neverland is one of the BEST anime I have ever watched. The story, art, and cinematography are all perfectly executed. I am SO excited to see what happens with Emma and her group as well as Phil and the mom back in the orphanage. Been trying to avoid the manga since I enjoyed watching it with my boyfriend and seeing all of the surprise twists together

Last edited:
My Hero Academia S4E19

An all new episode of My Hero Academia, episode 82, released earlier!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-
Jiro, Bakugo, and the others continued to prepare for the school festival by deciding that they would do a club rock dance concert. They assigned everyone to roles including those playing the instruments, a dance team, and a special effects team. Meanwhile, Gentle the criminal plotted his next move to gain views on his videos by planning to infiltrate U.A. Academy. Midoriya talked with All Might for the first time in awhile and explained that in the fight with Overhaul, he could only draw out 20% of One For All, and if it wasn?t for Eri, he would have been unable to move and defeated. All Might mentored him outside and Midoriya started focusing on drawing more power out from his fingertips and releasing it in an instant for greater effect using One For All. Just what is going to end up happening with the school festival about to start and Gentle criminal?s dastardly plots? Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Also watched episodes 29 through 32 of JoJo?s Bizarre Adventures Golden Wind.

While figuring out what to do next, Bruno and the others got a call from a mysterious man claiming to know of a way to defeat Emperor Crimson. The group rushed by boat to Rome where he awaited. When they got to the fishing village near Rome, they were attacked by Cioccolata and Secco and their Stands Green Tea and Sanctuary. Green Tea turns any living creature that goes downwards to mold and disintegrates it, and Sanctuary allows Secco to turn solids to liquids and the ability to move underground with good physical strength and hearing. Bruno took care of Secco while Giorno and Mista were able to defeat Cioccolata. Bruno was near the colosseum where the mysterious man is revealed to be none other than an older Polnareff from JJBA part 3. Doppio is also there, however... definitely looking forward to binging the last episodes!

Up next on JoJo, His Name is Diavolo. Go freaks JoJo!​

Omg just watched episode 7 of Somali and the forest spirit and it was amazing. The visuals in this anime are to die for :blush:
6WS330y.png

chTNk7Y.jpg

just finished The Promised Neverland :eek: what a SHOW, any thoughts on whether or not it will continue/if a S2 would be any good?

and caught up with BNHA

just finished The Promised Neverland :eek: what a SHOW, any thoughts on whether or not it will continue/if a S2 would be any good?

and caught up with BNHA

I loved The Promised Neverland. A season 2 has already been confirmed for October 2020. I'm not quite sure if it will be as good as season 1, but I'm hoping it will be. I'll definitely watch it to see where the story goes.

Last edited:
I loved The Promised Neverland. A season 2 has already been confirmed for October 2020. I'm not quite sure if it will be as good as season 1, but I'm hoping it will be. I'll definitely watch it to see where the story goes.

oh cool! I was curious because I looked into the manga and it seems like it has such a different vibe from the anime/first arcs. It'll have to shift genres quite a bit to fit the feel which will be interesting, but not necessarily in its favor. We'll see though, I liked it a lot and want to see more!

Omg just watched episode 7 of Somali and the forest spirit and it was amazing. The visuals in this anime are to die for :blush:
6WS330y.png

chTNk7Y.jpg

I’ve really been enjoying that one as well. The art has a slight Studio Ghibli feel to me.

and caught up with BNHA

my friend has caught up with the manga and by how shes been describing it it sounds like its going to be a rollercoaster. i cant wait

Watched episodes 33 through 39 of JoJo?s Bizarre Adventures Golden Wind, thereby finishing part 5 and catching up with the anime form of JoJo.

Doppio appeared with Bruno at the colosseum. From there, things started to go south as Doppio changed into Diavolo and killed Polnareff, who was waiting for Bruno and the others to tell them that the key to defeating Diavolo and his Emperor Crimson ability is the arrow. Polnareff survived, however, because before he died he unleashed the arrow?s power on himself and Chariot Requiem was born, which swapped everyone?s minds with each other. Giorno and Narancia were swapped and Mista and Trish were swapped. Doppio was swapped with Bruno and essentially died. While trying to find Diavolo, Narancia was taken out and died, so Giorno was able to return to his body first. The group followed Chariot Requiem to try and get the arrow back, as did Diavolo. They engaged in battle, but the one who ended up with the arrow in the end was Giorno, thanks to Bruno Bucciarati, who passed away and left the rest to Giorno, Mista, and Trish. Diavolo tried to get the arrow back, but Giorno used it on himself and his Stand evolved to Golden Wind Requiem. He used this power to defeat Diavolo and his Stand Emperor Crimson once and for all. At the end, we got an interesting flashback to when everyone was still alive. Mista encountered Scolippi and his Stand, Prophecy Stones, which reveal someone?s fate and kills them when they touch them. Bruno was going to touch the stone and die before Mista destroyed it, which means the normal timeline continued. With Diavolo, the boss of Passione, finally taken care of, Giorno, Trish, and Mista could live their lives peacefully. Giorno became the new boss with Mista as his personal bodyguard, and everyone lived happily ever after.

Overall, JoJo?s Bizarre Adventures as a series is action packed, but also has interesting history, stories, and culture written into it. While the series focuses on action for the most part and the use of ?Hamon? energy and Stands, it also has humor, good storytelling, and just a unique concept that can be adapted to fit many different settings, as is evident of how many parts there are and that it?s still ongoing. There aren?t really a lot of flaws with the series other than that the influx of information from episodes can be a bit much at times and that some parts aren?t as good as others. However, the pacing is close to perfect and I?m immensely glad I watched the series at NoUsernameHere?s recommendation. JoJo?s Bizarre Adventures gets a perfect 10/10 on the anime scale.​

I?m only watching the weekly releases of My Hero Academia and Black Clover now, so next I?ll probably start watching Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! Once I catch up on that one there?s a whole list of other anime I need to watch including Demon Slayer, The Rising Of The Shield Hero, Trigun, and Samurai Champloo. Anyway, that?s all for now. Until next time!

the latest MHA episode was so much fun! I really love Gentle and La Brava so far, and the school festival arc is shaping up to be such a nice change of pace

Just ordered tickets for the My Hero Academia movie that will be in theaters this coming Friday! :D

Whaaat, I hadn't even heard of that. Might have to change my weekend plans and get a group together for it!

Back