• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Black Clover S3E25

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 127, released earlier this week!——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Asta, Gauche, Grey, and Gordon went out to visit Gordon’s family to learn more about the devils and curse magic. They were able to figure out that a giant curse coming from the heart kingdom might have more information on the devils and curses. Meanwhile, Noelle found out that her mother didn’t die from her being born, but from a curse set by Megicula, a strong devil. Noelle learned this from Dorothy Unsworth, Captain of the Coral Peacocks, in her spell, Glamour World, because you can’t talk about the devils and curses they set in the normal world without getting cursed yourself. Now Asta and the others are about to set out towards the heart kingdom for more clues. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

I also finished Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai today. It was so good. Now I just have Rei left, which is only 5 episodes so it shouldn't take me too long.

My Hero Academia S4E24

An all new episode of My Hero Academia, episode 87, just released!————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
It was decided that Mirio and the teachers would take care of Eri while she regains her powers. Midoriya and the others at UA Academy were visited by the Wild Wild Pussycats, who are back to full health and ready to do business again. Meanwhile, the Japanese Hero Billboard Chart showcase went underway and the top ten new heroes were revealed: 10: Ryukyu; 9: Yoroi Musha; 8: Wash; 7: Kamui Woods; 6: Crust; 5: Mirko; 4: Edgeshot; 3: Best Jeanist; 2: Hawks; and the new number one hero, Endeavor. Hawks has an agenda and teased Endeavor, but then spent the day with him. Hawks hinted at rumors of more Nomus than the ones previously fought existing. Just then, a wild Nomu by the name of High-End burst into the building and while Hawks conveniently took people to safety, Endeavor prepared for a grand fight... definitely looking forward to the conclusion of season four!
Next time on My Hero Academia, His Start! Go beyond! Plus ultra!
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Also watched episodes one through five of Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba!
Tanjiro Kamado is a young boy who lives in a village with his family up on the snowy mountains. One day, when he is going into town to gather supplies, his family is ruthlessly killed by demons. The only one left alive is his sister, Nezuko, and she’s turned into a demon herself. Tanjiro is shocked to see what has happened and has to fight her off. He almost dies, but a demon slayer by the name of Giyu Tomioka saves him and binds his sister so she can’t eat humans. Tanjiro then goes with Nezuko to Trainer Urokodaki to learn how to slay demons, and undergoes grueling training. His final task is to slice a giant boulder, and he is unable to at first, but with the proper breathing technique thanks to Sabito and Makomo, he slices it in half. He then undergoes Final Selection with a bunch of other aspiring demon slayers. He’s doing fine until he encounters a many-armed demon, who has devoured at least fifty humans and is the one responsible for Sabito and Makomo’s deaths, as they were just ghosts Tanjiro was seeing. Tanjiro gets punched back at first, but calms his breathing, makes it past the arms, and slices the demon’s head off using his water technique, First Form Water Surface Slash. Sabito and Makomo can finally rest at peace, along with the other children that fell to the demon, and Tanjiro gets his own sword crafted for him. His next task is to go investigate a village where a demon lurks and young girls are disappearing... definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
Next up on Demon Slayer, Swordsman Accompanying a Demon! And now for some Taisho secrets...

Just started watching The Ancient Magus Bride And hoo boy is it good. On episode 4 so far!

Watched episodes six through ten of Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba!

Tanjiro and Nezuko investigated the town where young girls are disappearing at night. They find a demon lurking there that can split itself into three. Tanjiro and Nezuko engage it in battle, and Tanjiro is able to take care of two of the copies while Nezuko stalls the third. As Nezuko is about to be hurt, Tanjiro arrives back in time and uses a water art to slice the demon. As the demon is cornered, Tanjiro tries to get information about Muzan Kibutsuji from him, but the demon can’t talk because of the curse. Tanjiro vanquishes the demon and tells the young man that accompanied him to take care of the girl he rescued before leaving with Nezuko in her box. Tanjiro then goes to Asakusa, Tokyo for his next mission and finds Muzan himself, the demon who turned Nezuko into a demon. Before Tanjiro can attack him though, Muzan turns an innocent bystander into a demon and that’s when Tanjiro meets Lady Tamayo and Yushihiro, two demons who have removed Muzan’s curse from themselves. They restrain the new demon and take shelter in a hidden place thanks to Yushihiro’s blood demon art. A Temari and Arrow demon find them though, and Tanjiro takes care of the Arrow demon while Nezuko, Lady Tamayo, and Yushihiro take care of the Temari demon. Tanjiro is pushed back at first because he hasn’t fought this strong of a demon before, but uses a new water technique, Horizontal Water Wheel, and the force of the arrows to defeat the Arrow demon. The Temari demon accidentally says Muzan’s name and the curse activates, making her die. It turns out the two of them weren’t part of the Twelve Demon Moons, who are Muzan’s strongest allies. Tanjiro and Nezuko then part ways for now with Lady Tamayo and Yushihiro, and head to the site of the next mission. On the way there, however, they find Zenitsu (Dorito Spokesman), one of the others who passed Final Selection... definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!
Up next on Demon Slayer, Tsuzumi Mansion! And now for some Taisho secrets...

started watching beastars yesterday (finished ep5 lmao), and i'm honestly shipping legoshi and louis- they're just adorable aa

but also the anime given is pretty cool ! would recommend + the opening is amazing too !!

Black Clover S3E26

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 128, released earlier this week!———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Asta told Captain Yami about the big curse in the Heart Kingdom and he authorized Asta, Noelle, Mimosa, and Finral to head there using his boat. When they arrived, they found out that the Heart Kingdom is a kingdom that is filled with water and lush greenery. They were immediately attacked by the Guardian Spirit Gaja and Asta was separated from the other three by the water spirit Undine. He was captured in chains by Undine, and Gaja was about to release a stage zero lightning spell on Noelle, Mimosa, and Finral. Noelle, Mimosa, and Finral dodged it though and counterattacked, hitting Gaja with a Sea Dragon’s Roar from Noelle at point blank range. Nero/Secre followed Asta and used her sealing magic to unseal the chains on him, and Asta counterattacked by using his anti-magic in reverse to get past Undine and at the princess, who is currently being manipulated by the devil Megicula... definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Also watched episodes eleven through fifteen of Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba!
Tanjiro and Nezuko continued on their way and ran into Zenitsu from Final Selection, who was trying to get a girl to marry him. Tanjiro saved her, and then traveled with Nezuko and Zenitsu to tsuzumi mansion, a mansion where three demons reside and the strongest is a demon by the name of Kyogai who plays the tsuzumi to change the room and use claw attacks. They also encountered a man by the name of Inosuke there who wears a boar mask and uses beast techniques to fight, as well as two razor sharp swords. Zenitsu was leading a young boy who’s still alive and got scared by a tongue demon and fell asleep. Once asleep, he unleashed his true power with a thunder technique and killed the demon in one hit. When he woke up, he got scared that the demon was dead and thanked the boy for saving him, even though he was the one who killed the demon. Inosuke took care of the second demon, and Tanjiro, even with broken bones, defeated Kyogai by utilizing Ninth Form: Splashing Water Flow - Turbulent. His last comment to Kyogai was that his demon blood art was amazing, which made Kyogai tear up before fading away because someone had finally recognized his writing. Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu, and Inosuke then rested up at a house surrounded in Wisteria, and once fully healed headed to Mount Natagumo, where spider demons dwell. One of them was controlling the demon slayers like puppets and by using a beast technique, Inosuke was able to find where the controller is... definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!
Next up on Demon Slayer, Letting Someone Else Go First! And now for some Taisho secrets...

Just watched the first episode of Tower of God on Crunchyroll... Maybe I liked it because it immediately mentions invisible pockets and I lost mine visiting that dream town last week which forced me start a new town and my new jock is Bam and that’s the name of the MC so I couldn’t help but be drawn in but I’m looking forward to the next episode.

I finally finished up all of Higurashi When They Cry including the OVAs. It was a really good series. So glad I was finally able to watch it!

Watched episodes sixteen through twenty one of Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba!
Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu, and Inosuke began their trek up Mount Natagumo. Zenitsu had stayed behind, so he got separated from the group. Tanjiro and Inosuke ran into one of the spider demons that uses threads to control demon slayers like puppets, making them attack fellow demon slayers. Tanjiro figured out that to stop them, they had to slice the threads, but more would just reattach. The two went after the one controlling the puppet demon slayers, Mother Spider Demon once Inosuke found her using Beast Seventh Form: Spatial Awareness. They were stopped by a giant demon with no head and sharp claws as hands. Inosuke got injured somewhat while dodging an attack, but using teamwork, Tanjiro and Inosuke were able to defeat the demon, and Tanjiro took care of the Mother Spider Demon mercifully with no pain using Fifth Form: Blessed Rain After The Drought. He did this because he witnessed how the spider demon Rui was manipulating the other spider demons. Zenitsu then wandered into the forest on the mountain to catch up with Nezuko, who is with Tanjiro, but was stopped by the Older Brother Demon. Zenitsu was poisoned and scared, but fell asleep and his true power was awakened while asleep. We got some backstory on how Zenitsu was trained by a very powerful old man he called gramps, but could only ever learn one form or technique for battle. His gramps believed in him though and told him to keep honing the form until it was as strong as anything else and couldn’t be honed anymore. Zenitsu then unleashed First Form: Thunderclap and Flash at sixth stage, dashing through the area in midair at lightning speeds, and sliced the Older Brother Demon, defeating him. He then had to remain on top of the suspended house held by webs and focus on his breathing technique to slow the poison, unable to battle any further. Meanwhile, Tanjiro and Inosuke ran into the spider demon they called “dad,” who had immense strength and speed and a spider head. Tanjiro got blasted away from them and Inosuke had to run and hold out until help arrived, only being able to slow the demon down a bit. Tanjiro then ran into Rui and one of the sister demons. He didn’t like the way Rui was treating her, and engaged Rui in battle, but quickly found out that Rui’s threads slice anything, including humans, into pieces. Rui revealed himself as one of the Twelve Kizuki chosen by Muzan to be one of the strongest demons there is. Tanjiro’s sword was snapped in half, but he didn’t give up against overwhelming odds. He unleashed Tenth Form: Constant Flux to keep spinning towards Rui and slashing his threads with the momentum and power gained. Rui then unleashed his blood demon art, and the threads turned red and got even stronger. Tanjiro got past this by unleashing his ultimate technique: Dance of the Fire God, and kept slashing, getting closer and closer to Rui in a dance of raw power as he became... Hinokami. Nezuko was still captured in midair by Rui’s threads, but unleashed her blood demon art, Exploding Blood, which snapped the threads protecting Rui. Tanjiro then hit Rui on his neck with the broken sword and the full power of his technique. Meanwhile, two Hashira demon slayers, Giyu Tomioka and Shinobu Kocho were deployed to help out. Tomioka arrived to where Inosuke was just in time to defeat the Dad Spider Demon, before Inosuke’s head could be crushed. He tied Inosuke up and made it in time to Tanjiro and Nezuko. It appeared Tanjiro had won, but Rui had secretly unhinged his head from his body using his threads before Tanjiro struck, meaning he was still alive. As Tanjiro was out of options and about to die, Tomioka showed up and sliced the red threads easily. Rui became enraged and attacked Tomioka, but Tomioka used Eleventh Form: DEAD CALM to change the entire atmosphere of battle and snap any threads that entered his range. He easily defeated Rui and said that Tanjiro had done a good job hanging in there until he got there. Kocho had healed Zenitsu’s poison, and then caught up with Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Tomioka. She was going to kill Nezuko before Tomioka intervened, and Tanjiro and Nezuko ran away. Just then, however, a crow called and said Tanjiro and Nezuko were to be brought back to the Demon Slayer Corps base alive. The cleanup crew rescued everyone from the mountain, and when Tanjiro woke up he found himself in the presence of the Hashiras... definitely looking forward to binging the last episodes and finishing season one!
Next up on Demon Slayer, Master of the Mansion! And now for some Taisho secrets...

My Hero Academia S4E25

An all new episode of My Hero Academia, episode 88, released earlier!
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
With the newest version of a deadly Nomu attacking, Endeavor and Hawks had to fight it. At first Endeavor was overwhelmed by its speed and power, and not only that, but this Nomu named High-End has intellect as well. Hawks worked on rescuing the people from the buildings with his feathers. Endeavor was getting beat up by this Nomu and people were running away in terror. It seemed like Endeavor was down for the count, but he continued to not give up and fight on, because that’s what being a hero means. With his fire burning hotter than ever, Hawk’s feathers propelling him, and the whole world watching, Endeavor took the Nomu into the sky and unleashed his full power, using a plus ultra Prominence Burn and slamming the Nomu into the ground in an explosion of fire. As Shoto, Midoriya, and everyone else in the world was watching, a badly injured Endeavor raised his fist into the air, having defeated the reengineered Nomu. Everyone cheered for the new number one hero, and All Might sighed in relief while watching on television. Midoriya realized even moreso now that his generation of heroes need to rise, and fast. After the end of the episode, we caught a glimpse of Midoriya having a nightmare in which he saw the other past One For All users and one reached out to him and called him the ninth... Midoriya woke up from the nightmare and saw that his power had activated in his hand.
That concludes season four! Season five of My Hero Academia is currently in production. Go beyond! Plus ultra!
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Also watched episodes twenty two through twenty six of Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba!
Tanjiro woke up in front of the Hashiras and was immediately put on trial for traveling with a demon, Nezuko, his sister. He tried to defend himself, and even landed a headbutt on the Wind Hashira, but to no avail. Just then the one called Master showed up and made everyone calm down. The Wind Hashira took Nezuko into the darkness to see if she would bite him, but she didn’t. The one called Master said that Tanjiro and Nezuko could prove themselves by defeating a Twelve Kizuki, to which Tanjiro responded that they would defeat Muzan himself. It was predetermined, however, that if Nezuko so much as attacks a human, Trainer Urokodaki, Giyu Tomioka, and Tanjiro would all commit seppuku. Tanjiro was then brought to the butterfly house and underwent rehabilitation training with Inosuke and Zenitsu. They had to master Total Concentration Breathing, Constant, and they did with lots of hard work and motivation. Tanjiro also met Kocho’s Tsuguko, Kanao Tsuyuri, and made a lasting impression on her. The Hashira Kocho explained to Tanjiro at night that her older sister had wanted to be friends with demons, but was killed by one, and Kocho entrusted that dream to Tanjiro. Once they were able to breathe into the giant gourds and make them explode, meaning they had much better stamina now, Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu went by train to their next mission and the infinity train arc... to assist the Flame Hashira, Rengoku.
Overall, Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba doesn’t innovate with the Shōnen genre at all, but what it does do well is everything a good show should: it has a good story, good action, good humor, good animation and art, and its characters and crisp and clear action scenes with all kinds of different unique techniques that demon slayers use make it a standout among 2019 anime and similar anime in history. In fact, one of the first and few people to recognize how much of an unseen hit it was was my friend Zura, who was the one who recommended it to me. The show was barely talked about when it first aired, but is now a fan favorite for Shōnen junkies and anime fans everywhere. If you like fast-paced action, suspense, and a good enough show that makes you want to skip the credits and move on to the next episode, this show is for you. Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba gets a solid 9/10 on the anime scale.
That’s all for now! Until next time!​

i watched the released 6 episodes of bna and it was amazing, im loving it so far. it might be my favourite anime of this year tbh.
i also watched the first episode of listeners and i LOVE IT the concept is really cool and im excited to see where it goes.
the first episode of arte was really good, i enjoyed it but sometimes the exagerrated expression feel a bit out of place (idrk how to describe it lol)
finally, im continuing the re release of re:zero and remembered just how much i love it. damn this show is good.

Ha! I just finished watching the directors cut of Re-Zero last night... well, to episode 13 anyway and it IS good, better than the first time I watched it and I think it’s because the first time was such a high drama too intense impact so the second time allows you to actually ENJOY the story.
Also there’re at least four new ones on Crunchyroll that I’ve liked recently... that villainous one, the eighth son, sing yesterday and tower of God all seem promising on top of all of the others
Then there’s this strange one on Netflix Cagaster insect cage something that’s pretty good so far but it’s so CG... I don’t know enough about that stuff to even criticize but it kind of seems like Netflix has its own version of anime somehow but when you hear the familiar voices it becomes watchable I guess...

I’m not a huge anime person but I’ve been watching Erased with my boyfriend. He begged me to try watching with him and I’m halfway through the episodes, it’s short but I’m really enjoying it.

Last night I watched the season finale of Magia Record. Not a bad anime if you're a fan of the Madoka Magica series, but obviously not as impactful and groundbreaking as the original. I like the story, though, and some of the characters so I'm sure I'll continue watching it when season 2 is released.

Black Clover S3E27
An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 129, released earlier!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Asta, Noelle, Mimosa, and Finral met and talked with Princess Lolopechka, the water spirit Undine, and Gaja of the Heart Kingdom. They figured out that they were just testing the powers of mages from the Clover Kingdom. Lolopechka explained that she had been cursed by the devil, Megicula, and was given one year to live. At the same time, Megicula is currently invading the Diamond Kingdom and has taken out most of their forces singlehandedly. Lolopechka explained that only mages at stage one, stage zero, or arcane stages can keep up with the power of the devils. Asta, Nero/Secre, and the Wizard King are examples of arcane stage mages, mages with unusual magic. Lolopechka asked for Asta and others from the Clover Kingdom’s help with defeating Megicula, and they agreed. Now, for the next six months all of the Black Bulls and Clover Kingdom Magic Knights have to train really hard until they’re stage one mages or higher, in order to defeat the devil Megicula. Up next, the new Clover Kingdom Magic Knight Squad Captains are about to meet to discuss their next plan of action. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Also plan on starting Rising of The Shield Hero soon. Just been busy with school.​

Back