• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

In a collection of posts about more serious anime, I hope I don't sound stupid, but I've been watching the Ghost Stories English Dub again and man is it hilarious. It can get me out of any sad mood whenever I watch it.

Also, I just have been thinking about how amazing and masterful Ghibli movies are. Every single one I've watched has made me cry so much and they're just all so beautifully illustrated and written. I really suggest watching Grave of the Fireflies! It's so amazing and eye-opening, but if you're sensitive like me you're definitely gonna cry a lot.

In a collection of posts about more serious anime, I hope I don't sound stupid, but I've been watching the Ghost Stories English Dub again and man is it hilarious. It can get me out of any sad mood whenever I watch it.

Also, I just have been thinking about how amazing and masterful Ghibli movies are. Every single one I've watched has made me cry so much and they're just all so beautifully illustrated and written. I really suggest watching Grave of the Fireflies! It's so amazing and eye-opening, but if you're sensitive like me you're definitely gonna cry a lot.

No worries, this place is for both serious and comedic/laid-back anime! It’s a place for all anime!

Funny you mention that because I was showed a video of a clip from Ghost Stories English Dub last year and laughed really hard at it. I love the fact that the dub crew were able to do whatever they want with it. Makes it x10 funnier imo. I need to watch the rest of it at some point.

Also, Ghibli movies are really great! My anime server friends introduced me to Howl’s Moving Castle just a month or couple months ago because I had never seen a Ghibli movie aside from that one except for Spirited Away (and I was really young when I watched it so I don’t remember really any of it). We’re planning on watching more Ghibli movies at some point during our movie nights, but just haven’t gotten around to it yet. :D

I absolutely love the English dub of Ghost Stories. I always crack up so hard when I see it.

i just watched ep 1 of tower of god and it was kinda eh
the art was unique but the animation was eh
i hope theres more worldbuilding tbh
the opening and ending are straight up bangers tho

I finished up Beastars today. It was sooo good. I can't wait for season 2.

I'm planning on starting season 2 of Hi Score Girl tomorrow when it becomes available on Netflix.

Guys. I'm late to the party but Nichijou got an English dub!!!!! I never finished Nichijou subbed so I'm gonna rewatch it dubbed! Based on the clips I've seen, the dub cast did a FANTASTIC job and wow that anime would be really hard to dub given how crazy the Japanese VAs went with it. I've never been this excited for a dub in my life.

Watched episodes one through four of The Rising Of The Shield Hero!
Naofumi Iwatani is your local sophomore college student otaku living in Japan. He’s not a complete shut-in, however, because when he runs out of money he goes to the library to check out light novels. When he picks up a mysterious book that is titled “The Four Cardinal Heroes,” he is instantly transported to another world where three other guys from different timelines of Japan have also been transported to. The people that greet them tell the four guys that they are the Four Cardinal Heroes, the Sword Hero, Bow Hero, Spear Hero, and Shield Hero. The people who summoned them need their help in order to deal with Waves, which is when large armies of monsters fall from the sky and attack the kingdom. When a Wave will strike is determined by an hourglass having all of its sand hit the bottom, the dragon hourglass. The other three heroes agree to help the kingdom, but in return for payment. The four of them are each then given party members to go and get stronger before the next Wave of Catastrophe, but ultimately the one assisting Naofumi, Myne, turns on him and steals all of his stuff. With no one else wanting to help the Shield Hero because supposedly the Shield Hero is the weakest class, and with Naofumi being betrayed by Myne and accused of hurting her, Naofumi loses all trust, respect, and help from the kingdom. He is helped by a shopkeeper that sells armor and then goes on a journey to get stronger, and comes back to the kingdom to terrorize the shops. Naofumi then stumbles upon the slave trader, who takes him to a place where slaves are sold to people to fight for them. Among them are demihumans, who aren’t seen like regular humans. Here Naofumi finds and befriends Raphtalia, a demihuman that joins his party as his sellsword, since Naofumi can’t actually get any stronger with his shield. In fact, he only has defensive capabilities. They begin to work together though to get stronger, and Naofumi takes good care of Raphtalia. When the next Wave of Catastrophe hits, the other three heroes stride into battle but are unconcerned with Lute Village, which could be wiped out by the monsters. Naofumi and Raphtalia ride to the village to save them, and manage to save a good amount of the people there, to which the people are thankful for. Next, all the heroes are invited to a royal party at the kingdom. At first, Naofumi isn’t interested in it much like Raphtalia is, but the Spear Hero challenges Naofumi to a duel. Naofumi is forced to duel him, and if he loses Raphtalia will be set free of the curse that forces her to obey Naofumi’s commands. It looks like Naofumi is winning the duel at first, but Myne intervenes and hits him with magic, and the Spear Hero seems to have won. As Naofumi watches Raphtalia be set free of the curse, he becomes really depressed. But Raphtalia remains to stay by his side of her own free will, and this makes the others realize that Naofumi actually won the duel. Raphtalia helps Naofumi return to his former self instead of being coldhearted, and they decide to continue to work together. The series is really good and I’m looking forward to binging more of it. Also, episode four made me cry because of how relatable Naofumi’s pain is to some of my pain from the past. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!
Up next on The Rising Of The Shield Hero, Filo. Rise, rise, rise of the shield hero!​

Anyone check out any anime movies recently?

Watched Promare and man is this soundtrack ever hype af

Spring season is off to an OK start too. Kakushigoto is great and I'm looking forward to Fruits Basket S2, Kaguya-sama S2, and Oregairu S3 (whenever the first episode ends up airing).

Watched episodes five through eight of The Rising Of The Shield Hero!
Naofumi decided that Raphtalia and him needed another party member, so they returned to the slave trader and purchased an egg that has a filofial in it, a bird demihuman that obeys their master’s orders. The egg hatched and Naofumi named the girl Filo. Filo has the ability to change between a more human-like appearance with white wings and a giant bird at will. Together, Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo formed a team and helped people out by being in the trading & traveling business. They saved some people in a village that was being tormented by a plant monster. Then, they stopped at a place with hot springs and Raphtalia and Filo began to compete for Naofumi’s affection and love. Raphtalia and Filo ultimately worked together, however, to defeat a razorback and to give Naofumi a gift. They then headed east to where a village was being affected by a plague, and the dragon on top was actually a zombie dragon. Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo healed the people at the village, and then went up the mountain. They engaged the zombie dragon in battle because Filo rushed in. At first it looked like Filo had been killed because the zombie dragon swallowed her, so Naofumi lost all control and his curse shield activated, giving him lots of power at the cost of his sanity. Raphtalia helped him calm down, however, and the dragon fell down and died. It turns out Filo was actually alive, and obtained some crystals from inside the dragon. Raphtalia had been cursed and so Naofumi decided to get even stronger to cure her. The three then started heading back to the church at the capital to use pure water to cure Raphtalia’s curse, but on the way there ran into a mysterious purple-haired girl... definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!
Up next on The Rising Of The Shield Hero, Melty. Rise, rise, rise of the shield hero!​

Any fans of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? I made this:

93797118_519155658733403_7731408524026052608_o.jpg

I've been watching Kakegurui over the last few days and I enjoy it a lot. The games and the cheats are so interesting to watch, I really wish it didn't have these insane scenes inbetween so that I could safely recommend it to people. 😅 But it is a lot of fun to watch!

Oooh. I didn't put that on my radar back when it aired on 2019, but seeing season 2 and some of the feedback makes me want to look into it.

Let me know what you think when you're done season one! :)

As someone who loves books, it's a fantastic anime. Isekai of it is mainly a secondary trait of the anime (despite being isekai itself!) and focuses on the current world and worldbuilding. Everyone is given a fair share of character developments and each "invention" the MC made is extremely easy to follow and realistic (I can vouch for the papermaking process.)

Black Clover S3E28
An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 130, released earlier this week!
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
The Magic Knight Squad Captains assembled and the normal king of the Clover Kingdom tried giving a speech to the people about how the kingdom was saved by them, which didn’t go too well and was also interrupted by Captain Yami and Captain Jack fighting. The Wizard King and the Magic Knights Squad Captains then assembled again for a private meeting to discuss the devil residing in the Spade Kingdom, Megicula, and how to defeat them. Asta, Mimosa, Noelle, and Finral gave the information they had about the Heart Kingdom to the Magic Knights Squad Captains and the Wizard King. The Magic Knights Squad Captains now have to train their Magic Knights to become stage one or higher mages in preparation for the fight with Megicula. Also... they have to do it while receiving half their usual pay, to which Yami and Jack objected, but majority ruled in favor so it went through. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Also watched episodes nine through twelve of The Rising Of The Shield Hero!
Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo ran into Melty, who they later found out to be next in line for the crown of the kingdom. Naofumi couldn’t trust her though, and told her to get lost. Naofumi and the others then prepared for the next Wave of Catastrophe to return, and when it did he had to go with his party to back up the other heroes. He unleashed his rage shield to defeat one of the spirit monsters, but a woman by the name of Glass appeared and challenged the heroes to battle. The other heroes and their parties were quickly wiped out, but Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo fought on. When it seemed like things could take a south turn because Naofumi wasn’t strong enough, the timer on the Wave began nearing zero. Naofumi had Raphtalia cast light magic and the three made their escape as Glass retreated and said the heroes need to become much stronger for next time, or they’ll die. Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo decided to head for another kingdom in order to use the dragon hourglass there and have Raphtalia and Filo get class upgrades. On the way there, they were approached by Melty and some knights. As Melty was yelling at Naofumi for not being able to get along with the king, a knight ran at Melty with a sword. Naofumi pulled Melty close to him and shielded her from the attack... definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!
Up next on The Rising Of The Shield Hero, The Devil of the Shield. Rise, rise, rise of the shield hero!​

Back