• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I'm extremely late to the party, but I'm watching Spirited Away tonight because I loved the music so much, I decided to make a zen/ghibli themed island so I should watch the movie, right? :D Plus, One Summer's Day is such a beautiful song.

I finished up Hi Score Girl season 2 yesterday. I really enjoyed it. Seeing how Ono felt about some of the characters that she chose to play reminds me of how I feel about certain video game characters as well, like whenever I see an Animal Crossing character called ugly.

Today I started watching Kakegurui and it seems like it's going to be great.

Watched episodes thirteen through sixteen of The Rising Of The Shield Hero!
Naofumi protected Melty from the setup and the knights were driven away. They then began going everywhere though and showed altered footage that made it look like Naofumi’s party were the bad guys, when that wasn’t true. The knights and people started calling Naofumi “the devil of the shield,” and wanted posters were put everywhere to find him. While making their way to the next country, they were pursued by Myne and the heroes. Naofumi’s party almost got split up, but he made a diversion and they got away. Melty joined Naofumi’s party by this time. Myne started burning the forest down to try and corner them. From there, Naofumi, Raphtalia, Filo, and Melty went to a domain controlled by Reichnott and took shelter there. The knights found them though, and took Melty away. While Idol Rabier had possession of Melty, Naofumi and the others arrived at Seaetto and Raphtalia and them rescued some demihuman kids, including Keel. We got a flashback of how Raphtalia was friends with another demihuman kid, Rifana, and how she wanted to marry the shield hero when she got older. Raphtalia and the others found her in the same cell, but long dead, which made Raphtalia cry (and it made me cry too). Naofumi supported Raphtalia, however, and assured her everything will be okay. They then confronted Idol Rabier before he could hurt Melty, and he fell and it was assumed he was dead. But when they went outside again they found him releasing the seal in town and unleashing a powerful dino monster. Naofumi entrusted Keel and the demihuman kids to Reichnott, and Naofumi’s party lured the monster away. They couldn’t defeat it, but the queen of the filofials, Fitoria, defeated it easily and had them come with her to talk. Naofumi explained that the heroes were fighting and it was a lost cause, and Fitoria said that if they can’t work together, she must kill the Four Cardinal Heroes. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!
Up next on The Rising Of The Shield Hero, A Promise Made. Rise, rise, rise of the shield hero!​

Black Clover S3E29
An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 131, released earlier!
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Asta, Yuno, and Noelle returned to Asta’s hometown village, Hage Village, out in the boonies to see how everyone was doing. Everyone was so glad to see Asta and Yuno again, and they met Nero/Secre as well. Asta learned that they built a school in the village so that the kids could learn about magic, all thanks to Asta and Yuno and their efforts with the Magic Knights. Nash had also been training really hard and copying Asta, because Asta made an impression on him, that even if you’re poor or an orphan, you can still join the Magic Knights and become the Wizard King. Asta and Yuno then met up at the place where they first made their promise, and made a new resolve to get even stronger to deal with the devils and the Spade Kingdom. Such a heartwarming episode! Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Also watched episodes seventeen through twenty of The Rising Of The Shield Hero!
Naofumi and his party met with Fitoria, and she said she would have to kill the Four Cardinal Heroes if they couldn’t work together. Fitoria then tested Filo in battle and Filo learned a new skill and passed, becoming next in line to be filofial queen. Naofumi made a promise to Fitoria to try and work with the other Heroes. Naofumi and his party then met with the Spear Hero, Motoyasu, and engaged them and Myne in battle. Naofumi had to protect everyone, however, because the Three Heroes Church attacked them. Motoyasu had thought Ren, the Sword Hero, and Itsuki, the Bow Hero, were dead, but they arrived to help fight. The Four Cardinal Heroes finally decided to work together, and together, along with the queen of Melromarc’s help, defeated the Three Heroes Church. Naofumi had used a skill that hurt him badly as well, so the queen saved him and had him rest up. When he awoke he found himself in bandages near Raphtalia, Filo, and Melty. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes and finishing season one of The Rising Of The Shield Hero!
Up next on The Rising Of The Shield Hero, Naofumi’s Triumphant Return. Rise, rise, rise of the shield hero!​

I watched the Violet Evergarden movie today. I thought it was pretty good. It didn't make me quite as emotional as the rest of the series, but still a quality story worth watching.

I finished ID Invaders on Hulu tonight, it was pretty good, kind of violent but it was done well, voice acting top notch as per usual with anime and even though the plot was twisty I liked it well enough to not criticize it but I can see how others might because it does get complicated af. Then I tried that BOFURI max out my defense one and it’s quite the palette cleanser... I haven’t finished it yet so will reserve my recommendation for it for now. I watch way too much anime but it makes me happy so who cares.

I realized that I forgot to post that I finished watching season 1 of Darwin's Game, which ended like last week. I suppose the fact that I forgot about it is pretty telling of my opinion. It was neither great nor bad. It was a fairly typical survival anime with a few interesting characters but nothing really jumped out at me and made me want to watch more. There are far better survival anime out there if I were going to recommend one to someone. For example, Mirai Nikki.

Not TO much of an anime person but recently picked up little witch academia and enjoyed it to bits!! And before that i watched keep your hands off eizouken such was super delightful to! Now i want to watch either spirited away or promare :]

Currently watching the High School Prodigies anime. Not bad so far, but the occasional ecchi scenes don't really seem like they belong in the show. I guess I can at least be thankful that there's not too many of them.

I started rewatching Gurren Lagann a couple days ago and have been having fun with it. I kind of want to rewatch Utena after I’m done because it’s been so long, but I’ve also been wanting to watch Serial Experiments Lain so I might do that first.

Your Lie in April might have been the very first official anime I ever watched, I can’t remember now but it was definitely one of the first few... Although I had seen Castlevania and Archer already but even though they’re animated I don’t think they count as true anime, right?

Your Lie in April might have been the very first official anime I ever watched, I can’t remember now but it was definitely one of the first few... Although I had seen Castlevania and Archer already but even though they’re animated I don’t think they count as true anime, right?
Ah, those count. Man, still gives me goosebumps..."Did it reach her?"

i think i'm going to... start watching one piece from the beginning again this summer. once i finish school, i won't have much else in my life. finding a job is pointless right now.
I’ve been thinking about doing the same, or at least rewatching the CP9 saga because it’s my favorite. I really need to get caught up with it though, I haven’t seen anything since like the middle of Dressrosa years ago!

Back