• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Today I finished watching both seasons of Kakegurui. Really excellent anime and I'm so glad I watched it. My only complaint would be that I felt the ending to season 2 was a little anti-climactic. I think the tower gamble would have been a cooler way to end it, but I understand why they did the episodes in the order that they did.

Next, I'm going to watch the live-action version of Kakegurui.

here is my list of all the anime ive ever watched over like 10 years ?? and ive probably missed quite a few as well skjskjsks:
inuyasha*
Clannad (and after story)
kannon
air
watamote
tokyo mew mew
puella magi madoka magica***8
another
free!
elfen lied*
aot
plastic memories
my little monster
papa no iukoto
tokyoghoul
the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya****
angel beats*
ouran high school host club*
anohana*
chobits
sakura card captor
black bullet
black butler
toradora*
umineko no nako koro ni
kyoukai no kanata
golden time
baka to test
lucky star
fruits basket
special a
your yuri
silver spoon
acchi kocchi
mangaka-san
inka musume
pupa
astarotte no omcha
kakegurui*
sarazanmai
beastars

*= greatly recommend

Last edited:
Finally finished Nichijou! Loved the dub! I jumped in at episode 21 and they did such a great job! I really loved Mio's and Hakase's voice!

I haven't watched any current anime tbh I'm currently rewatching Zero no Tsukaima for the 6th time lool

Here's my anime list if anyone's interested (haven't updated in a bit tho)

((also if anyone's into edm porter robinson's secret sky remixed chobits and nagi no asukara songs and its lit))

Watched episodes twenty one through twenty five of The Rising Of The Shield Hero and finished it!
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-——————————————————————————————-————————-
Naofumi awoke in bandages after having defeated the pope and being saved by the queen. Raphtalia and Filo were happy to see that he was okay, and afterwards the four heroes had a council with each other. Naofumi tried to get through to them, but they wouldn’t listen. Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo then went to Cal Mira archipelago to take advantage of the exp field that appeared there and level up. The other three heroes went as well. While there, Naofumi and his party met two adventurers by the names of L’arc and Therese. Together they leveled up on the islands. When the wave arrived, however, L’arc and Therese turned on the heroes and wanted to kill Naofumi in order to save their world. Glass appeared and fought alongside them, but Naofumi and Raphtalia repelled them away. Glass was fighting to kill Naofumi so her world wouldn’t have to deal with the waves. Another hero’s party member helped Naofumi out and L’arc and Therese prevented Glass from getting injured further, and they retreated. Naofumi then had a surprise for Raphtalia at the end of the show. He was rebuilding her hometown as a sign of resistance to the waves and was appointed the leader of the place. Raphtalia broke down crying and pleaded for Naofumi not to ever leave her. Naofumi would continue to stay with Raphtalia and fight the waves. Everyone that the shield hero had met on his journey gave more and more meaning to his life, the way it should be.
Overall, Shield Hero is not your typical isekai anime. It’s about four heroes who are recruited to fight for another world, sure, but about one guy in particular named Naofumi Iwatani who loses all trust and respect of others for being the shield hero. Naofumi is initially naive and wants to turn on them, but over time, by helping others, and with the help of Raphtalia, finds meaning in his life again. By doing good things and speaking the truth he begins to clear his name and gain the trust and respect back he had lost. The series includes action, good storytelling, a few plot twists, and a bit of humor. I would recommend it to anyone who wants something new to watch that has action and also a bit of heartwarming/feels to it. My only complaint with the series is that the ending felt a bit lackluster, but more seasons of Shield Hero are confirmed, so this is fine. Overall, The Rising Of The best boy Shield Hero/Tate no Yūsha no Nariagari gets an 8/10 on the anime scale.

Well, besides weekly episodes of Tower of God, next up on my watchlist are Trigun and Samurai Champloo, but I might need to get Hulu to watch those instead of just VRV, so I’ll put those off. For now, I’m going to take a break from watching new anime and rewatch all of My Hero Academia, but in English. Wanted to do this for awhile, and now that season four has concluded, it’s the perfect time to do so. Until next time. See ya!​

Today I begrudgingly admit that I'm Love Live! trash

I actually haven't watched much anime, especially the non mainstream ones. Maybe I'll pick up a random anime generator and go to town

i’m currently watching kaguya sama: love is war ! :3 i had no idea the chika dance girl was from this anime so when i saw her i literally screamed ><

I feel like my favorite animes tend to shift around depending on what I’m binging at the moment LOL. I recently re-watched Yuri on Ice and fell back in love with the show! I also have really been wanting to rewatch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood because it’s just sooooo good, but between work and being tired from work all the time, I have yet to fully motivate myself to commit to rewatching.

I also have been tempted to re-watch Naruto randomly, but that’s an even bigger commitment so we’ll see if that ever happens. Also one of my all-tome faves is Madoka Magica!! It’s got a super special place in my heart.

I watched B: The Beginning on Netflix because it looked good. Personally not a fan of this kind of supernatural element, but the procedural element was really good so I watched the whole show regardless of that. It was certainely better than expected from a randomly picked show.

I've been watching some random Studio Ghibli movies here and there because they're fantastic kids movies. But this one really blew me away with its plot elements and storytelling. I can understand why a Studio Ghibli fan wouldn't be too fond of it, but it was the perfect movie for me. First of all, I really enjoyed the sapphic undertones of the movie and the interpretation of discover. The main characters probably shouldn't be shipped (even if one is a figment of the other's imagination), but maybe the creators shouldn't have put in that dancing scene, eh? But it's a great story about self-discovery after grief through art and fiction, and I don't want to take away from it because of my simple viewing pleasures.

I really didn't expect anything from the story except for the girl not being real of course. Having seen some Studio Ghibli classics I just expected a spiritual world in some way, but I'm really happy that this one was based in reality. After a while it become clear that there are two different timelines, but I really loved it when the movie blatantly explains that the other timeline is completely fictional on purpose from the protagonist's perspective and that they like using their dream world as a form of escapism. Seeing her delusions about them as tough though.

My favorite part of the movie was the relevation that Marnie herself told Anna all the stories she's made up in her head and found in that diary. Like her finding that diary with all the same stories was an interesting moment and part of me still thought it just wrote itself or Anna wrote it down after the fact. Also I really loved how they slowly told Marnie's story near the ending and you slowly realized that Anna is her grandchild after seeing Marnie go through all these hardships. I would have been fine if they were just related because I like to believe that some memories get passed down and manifest themselves in one way or another, but the baby memory thing was just as fine for the story.

It was also nice for Anna to discover her roots and her heritage while also accepting her new family finally. I almost cried when she casually called her aunt mom, that was such a nice moment the movie didn't feel like drawing too much attention to. It's just so beautiful overall.
Post automatically merged:

toradora*

*= greatly recommend

Toradora is just the sweetest slice of life anime I've seen in my entire life, I don't think I ever rooted for a pairing like I did with this one. :love:

haven’t posted in here in a while!

this season I’m watching:

Fruits Basket season 2
Tower Of God
Fugou Keiji
Kakushigoto
Food Wars
Nami yo Kiitekure
Bakarina
Yesterday wo Utatte
Kaguya-sama - season 2
BNA

Furuba, BNA Yesterday No Utatte and Kaguya are definitely my faves! I also started Gleipnir and Listeners but dropped them

I never would’ve thought I’d get that into
My Next Life as a Villainess!

Started watching the first episode just by chance, and both me and my bf love it now. We thought it’d be the average cute but predictable story, but it’s so unexpected and refreshing in a lot of ways.

This looks interesting.

It’s a really cute show, if you like comedy / slice of life. Can only recommend!

Back