• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I rewatched half of Serial Experiments Lain and I'm still confused.

Also rewatched Perfect Blue for the second time. Watched it three years ago and did not understand a thing.. Now, everything made Perfect Sense.
Oooh did you like Lain? I’ve been thinking of watching that at some point soon, I’ve heard good things about it.

Perfect Blue messed me up the first time I watched it lmao. I’m still not ready to rewatch it.

Oooh did you like Lain? I’ve been thinking of watching that at some point soon, I’ve heard good things about it.

Perfect Blue messed me up the first time I watched it lmao. I’m still not ready to rewatch it.
Man it really did, such a crazy movie.
Also, I really do like Lain! The only thing is that it's so confusing to follow lol
Though, I'm pretty sure they have analysis videos on Youtube explaining the whole series if you finish it. <3

ahhhh i've wanted to watch Perfect Blue as I've heard so much about it but my boyfriend is wary for me to watch it because he said it'd be triggering for a past trauma of mine, so i've avoided it pretty heavily ;n;

anyone here a fan of fruits basket and been watching the new series??? it's so beautiful and faithful to the manga! new episode today and im so excited to watch it *u*

I've also started nichijou and oeiwdsjkbs it's so funny

ahhhh i've wanted to watch Perfect Blue as I've heard so much about it but my boyfriend is wary for me to watch it because he said it'd be triggering for a past trauma of mine, so i've avoided it pretty heavily ;n;

anyone here a fan of fruits basket and been watching the new series??? it's so beautiful and faithful to the manga! new episode today and im so excited to watch it *u*

I've also started nichijou and oeiwdsjkbs it's so funny
It’s a great movie but I can definitely understand why that may be the case if the content in it is already a trigger for you. I don’t really have any triggers but I was still pretty shook up by it. I think it’s good that your boyfriend is looking out for you like that! Maybe if you’re really interested you could ask him to summarize it for you beforehand so you’re more aware going into it, but either way I hope you do what is safest for you!

I LOVE Fruits Basket and I started watching the new anime but haven’t watched anything past episode 1. My plan was to let some episodes pile up so I could watch them in quick succession, but if they’re already on season 2 then I guess my plan worked too well hahaha. I’m glad to hear you’re liking it though! I’d like to get back into it at some point, I just have so many other things I’m wanting to do right now. What point in the story are they at rn?

It’s a great movie but I can definitely understand why that may be the case if the content in it is already a trigger for you. I don’t really have any triggers but I was still pretty shook up by it. I think it’s good that your boyfriend is looking out for you like that! Maybe if you’re really interested you could ask him to summarize it for you beforehand so you’re more aware going into it, but either way I hope you do what is safest for you!

I LOVE Fruits Basket and I started watching the new anime but haven’t watched anything past episode 1. My plan was to let some episodes pile up so I could watch them in quick succession, but if they’re already on season 2 then I guess my plan worked too well hahaha. I’m glad to hear you’re liking it though! I’d like to get back into it at some point, I just have so many other things I’m wanting to do right now. What point in the story are they at rn?
ahhh thank you for your kind words! i wonder if maybe he just skipped the triggering parts if i'd still be able to enjoy the movie without missing too much?

the new anime doesn't quite line up with the old one, it actually is 100% faithful to the manga, but if you're familiar with the manga, they've just started to slowly introduce Rin and Kureno

I want to start to try getting into it!

you definitely should! it's slice of life and really easy to watch but there's a cool twist on the slice of life genre in my opinion that makes it really interesting

ahhh thank you for your kind words! i wonder if maybe he just skipped the triggering parts if i'd still be able to enjoy the movie without missing too much?

the new anime doesn't quite line up with the old one, it actually is 100% faithful to the manga, but if you're familiar with the manga, they've just started to slowly introduce Rin and Kureno

you definitely should! it's slice of life and really easy to watch but there's a cool twist on the slice of life genre in my opinion that makes it really interesting
i feel like now is the best time too with the whole world situation

Ooh nice Rin is one of my favorite characters! o: I’m glad they’re staying true to the manga, I never actually watched the original anime because I heard it was so different.

i feel like now is the best time too with the whole world situation
yeah i actually started fruits basket 2 months ago or so when this all started happening, and it's been really comforting and i feel like i stumbled upon it at kind of a perfect time. it made me feel so much better with everything going on that i bought a lot of the manga after watching what's released :'^)

Ooh nice Rin is one of my favorite characters! o: I’m glad they’re staying true to the manga, I never actually watched the original anime because I heard it was so different.
oh man if you like the manga you'll love the new series!
i've been reading the manga alongside the anime, so i dont know too much about Rin yet, but i'm definitely intrigued!!

yeah i actually started fruits basket 2 months ago or so when this all started happening, and it's been really comforting and i feel like i stumbled upon it at kind of a perfect time. it made me feel so much better with everything going on that i bought a lot of the manga after watching what's released :'^)

oh man if you like the manga you'll love the new series!
i've been reading the manga alongside the anime, so i dont know too much about Rin yet, but i'm definitely intrigued!!
Fair warning then, Fruits Basket can also be pretty dark at times, Rin’s story especially. I don’t recall at which point things start getting kind of tough, but it is shortly after her introduction that they really start delving deep into it.

Fair warning then, Fruits Basket can also be pretty dark at times, Rin’s story especially. I don’t recall at which point things start getting kind of tough, but it is shortly after her introduction that they really start delving deep into it.
yeah my friend who suggested the series to me said the same thing, actually. and i dont mind! if anything it just makes me curious
thank you for the heads up!

I'm also watching the current season of Fruits Basket. I've never read the manga but I did see the original anime, so the story is well past the parts I knew by now. I'm very interested in Rin's character and can't wait to learn more about her.

Sorry for the late response. I saw your initial post, but wasn’t able to respond at the time. If you’re still looking for recommendations, these are my top five favorites of everything I’ve watched in the last two years.

1. Parasyte the maxim
2. Kill la Kill
3. My Hero Academia
4. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures
5. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

I would recommend Kill la Kill and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures in particular. Hope this helps. ^^

Are there shoujo/old-school mahou shoujo fans here on TBT? I mostly watch for-girls media from the late '90s and early '00s, notwithstanding the fact that I am a 26-year-old man. My favourite anime is Tomorrow's Nadja (Ashiťa no Nadja), but I'm a really big fan of Ojamajo Doremi and Pretty Cure as well. Basically anything by Todo Izumi is a win in my book, haha...

Are there shoujo/old-school mahou shoujo fans here on TBT? I mostly watch for-girls media from the late '90s and early '00s, notwithstanding the fact that I am a 26-year-old man. My favourite anime is Tomorrow's Nadja (Ashiťa no Nadja), but I'm a really big fan of Ojamajo Doremi and Pretty Cure as well. Basically anything by Todo Izumi is a win in my book, haha...
I know of a couple. Ouran High School Host Club is a popular one. Uta no Prince sama is an idol show.

I believe Uta Pri and Kamigami no Asobi started as "dating sims".

I finished "High School Prodigies", and now I don't know what I should watch next...

Actually, I should rephrase that. I have a list of series I need to watch, and I could easily pick one at random, but I still don't know what to do. I want to watch something, but I've just been so tired lately...

ive been watching a few seasonal anime recently so here are my thoughts:

tower of god: pretty good so far, definitely got better after the first few episodes. the soundtrack is great, as expected from kevin penkin (the op and ed songs are good as well, shame the visuals arent so good). i like the art style but the animation can be hit or miss. also bam is quite bland, i prefer khun lmao.
gal and dino: during the first few episodes i was think what the hell is going on but i really like it! i prefer the anime part to the live action part but honestly this show is so underrated just because its partly live action
princess connect re dive: uhh this anime is not good. the art and animation are great but it has probably the worst mc ever and its just all over the place tbh.
kakushigoto: i. love. it. its so wholesome ;-; and hime is so precious. i also really like the more dramatic bits at the end of each episode, i dont think im mentally prepared for the ending.
bna: first half was fantastic. second half was rushed. its quite sad bc this couldve been anime of the season if it was 2 cours : (.
gleipnir: edgy show of the season. i rly dont have much to say other than its good. nothing more and not much less.
otome game: definitely the best harem ive ever seen, i love the characters and its just really fun to watch bakarina be oblivious to her bisexual harem. there is a bit of a storyline but its definitely more focused on the interactions between the characters, which im not complaining about.

Last edited:
Back