• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Thank you so much for the rather quick update (#impressed) @Mayor Ng
From the nature of the show JS: 2020, I would expect some 'death' to be involved in the anime and I don't mind, I don't find that off putting in animation. I guess the trailer I watched for it, does make it seem like TM 8.0 in regards to people becoming allies, overcoming hurdles and just strengthening their bonds (that's why I thought it was basically the same thing as TM 8.0).

Knowing they are different enough, I'm more open to the idea of watching JS: 2020. Regarding the animation, I feel like more shows are taking that route for example BNA just doesn't scream 'anime' to me .-.

I guess you could also add that TM 8.0! is a coming of age story as the main character is quite young and has to go through a lot of personal growth rather quickly, but maybe I am biased as I really like that show, I've watched it maybe a total of 3-4 times at different stages of my life, and although it ALWAYS pulls my hearts strings, I find the actions of that one 'special' character to be more heartfelt in a positive way than a 'I just want a plot twist to make the audience cry' (I'm not gonna say more than this or clarify myself since I don't want to spoil, but maybe you know what I mean by this)

Well, guess I’ll watch Tokyo Magnitude 8 then. I’ve been watching so much anime lately my head just swirls with it but i dropped The Reflected, absolutely loved Big Order, found the opening song for No Guns Life highly enjoyable and am utterly confused about Deca Dence after the second episode just to name a few things swirling around.
I think it's definitely worth a watch, at some point it's a bit slow paced, similarly to a slice of life, but that's because you're a spectator in their journey. I watched Big Order when it began airing.. but I can't remember anything from it .-. just that the animation reminded of Future Diary. Deca-Dence is great lol I was very confused after the first ep but I feel like I know where the plot is heading towards after watching the second ep. but who knows, I could be wrong.

Black Clover S3E32

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 134, released last week!

Asta and Noelle were invited to the Vermillion household to celebrate Ms. Theresa’s fifteen years in service of the church. The episode was pretty much a filler one, but filled with downright hilarious moments and touching ones as well. Also, Gauche was disguised as one of the kids because he wanted to see his little sister. It was explained that Ms. Theresa was Fuegoleon and Mereoleona’s tutor when they were younger, and helped them grow in different ways into the Magic Knights they are in the present time. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Also watched episodes six through nine of Mob Psycho 100!

Ritsu wanted to gain psychic powers like Mob. Once he started doing bad things he finally did, and he ended up beating up a bunch of middle school gang members in an alley. Mob found him and questioned what he was doing, but before much else could happen a very strong adult esper by the name of Koyama jumped down from above and took Ritsu hostage. Mob and Ritsu set their differences aside for now and Mob ended up attacking Koyama. Koyama managed to injure Mob, but Mob unleashed his ultimate power which was too much for Koyama, so he used a spray to make Mob fall unconscious and took Ritsu back with him to the Claw’s 7th Division base. Claw is an organization of espers that wants to take over the world. They also captured five kid espers by the names of Hoshino, Kurosaki, Asahi, and the Shiratori twin brothers (why does this group remind me of Mystery Incorporated from Scooby Doo?). In order to rescue the others and get his brother back, Mob teamed up with Teruki and Dimple and infiltrated the Claw’s 7th Division base. They easily took care of one of the Scars, or mini bosses, and then Mob dealt with Koyama again easily by not holding back. Meanwhile, Ritsu and the kids plotted their escape. Sensing an imminent threat to their operations, the rest of the Claw Scars departed and said they would show Mob and others the true terror of Claw... definitely looking forward to finishing season one of Mob Psycho 100!

Up next on Mob Psycho 100, episode ten. The Heinous Aura ~Mastermind~.

Mob, Mob, we want Mob! Mob, Mob, we want Mob! Yeah!!​

Black Clover S3E32

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 134, released last week!

Asta and Noelle were invited to the Vermillion household to celebrate Ms. Theresa’s fifteen years in service of the church. The episode was pretty much a filler one, but filled with downright hilarious moments and touching ones as well. Also, Gauche was disguised as one of the kids because he wanted to see his little sister. It was explained that Ms. Theresa was Fuegoleon and Mereoleona’s tutor when they were younger, and helped them grow in different ways into the Magic Knights they are in the present time. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Also watched episodes six through nine of Mob Psycho 100!

Ritsu wanted to gain psychic powers like Mob. Once he started doing bad things he finally did, and he ended up beating up a bunch of middle school gang members in an alley. Mob found him and questioned what he was doing, but before much else could happen a very strong adult esper by the name of Koyama jumped down from above and took Ritsu hostage. Mob and Ritsu set their differences aside for now and Mob ended up attacking Koyama. Koyama managed to injure Mob, but Mob unleashed his ultimate power which was too much for Koyama, so he used a spray to make Mob fall unconscious and took Ritsu back with him to the Claw’s 7th Division base. Claw is an organization of espers that wants to take over the world. They also captured five kid espers by the names of Hoshino, Kurosaki, Asahi, and the Shiratori twin brothers (why does this group remind me of Mystery Incorporated from Scooby Doo?). In order to rescue the others and get his brother back, Mob teamed up with Teruki and Dimple and infiltrated the Claw’s 7th Division base. They easily took care of one of the Scars, or mini bosses, and then Mob dealt with Koyama again easily by not holding back. Meanwhile, Ritsu and the kids plotted their escape. Sensing an imminent threat to their operations, the rest of the Claw Scars departed and said they would show Mob and others the true terror of Claw... definitely looking forward to finishing season one of Mob Psycho 100!

Up next on Mob Psycho 100, episode ten. The Heinous Aura ~Mastermind~.

Didn't read your spoiler on Black Clover since I haven't watched it yet, but if you're liking Mob Psycho 100 so far, I get a feeling you're gonna enjoy season 2 as well!

Watched episodes ten through twelve of Mob Psycho 100 and finished the first season!

Mob, Teruki, and Dimple continued to fight the Scars and defeated seven out of eleven of them before being captured. There they found Ritsu as well. Reigen drove to where the base was and approached the Claw 7th Division lackeys there... and then promptly tricked them into thinking he was the boss of the organization just by being himself... LMFAO I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD! LIKE WTF! Then Reigen found Mob and the others, but was confronted by the 7th Division Scars that were left. Reigen promptly used his “special moves“ to hurt them. The Scars fought back, and it appeared that Reigen was slashed by one of the top Scars... but with the intense fights going on, Mob was reminded that they could run away by Reigen. This caused Mob to reach 100% but convert all his psychic powers to Reigen, which went up to 1000%. Reigen then brushed off the Scars attacks like they were nothing and kept lecturing them about how they were just normal people. By this time I was losing it, LMAO, I was about to die of laughter 😂. Reigen ran out of energy, but the kid watching the whole time, Sho, finished off the Scars of the 7th Division. Ordered to do an inspection by the real boss of the organization, Sho told Mob he was disappointed in him. Life went on and things went back to normal for the time being. Dimple was asked by Mob to work for Reigen, Teruki took up the task of training the group of five kid espers, and Mob and Reigen went back to their normal life of exorcising spirits together. Definitely looking forward to binging season two of the anime!

Up next on Mob Psycho 100, season two episode one. Ripped Apart ~ Someone Is Watching ~.

Back when a company called ADV existed, they slapped a label that said "essential anime collection" on some DVD covers. Would is be possible to find a list of these anymore? Their website still technically exists, just gives you an option to be notified when they do things.

Haven’t posted in this thread in a while, but I recently finished watching samurai champloo, and clannad/clannad after story.

How was Samurai Champloo? I wanted to watch that but ended up taking a different route because I couldn’t find it on Crunchyroll/VRV and I don’t have Hulu. I still plan on watching it at some point though.

Samurai Champloo has one of THE best soundtracks EVER in my humble opinion, just google it now, don’t wait till you watch it, it’s that good.

Haven’t posted in this thread in a while, but I recently finished watching samurai champloo, and clannad/clannad after story.
By the way clannad after story was a phenomenal anime.

Attachments

• 4C6C0F47-FEF7-4108-A690-87BFEF4AA0C0.jpeg
    4C6C0F47-FEF7-4108-A690-87BFEF4AA0C0.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 12
I used to be really into anime but I haven't caught up with the current seasons in years...
All I can do is recommend Kaiji, my favorite anime/manga. I think it's gotten a bit of boost in popularity lately. Would really like hear opinions of someone watching it for the first time!

Black Clover S3E33

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 135, released last week!

It was basically just a filler episode with romance in which Finral needed help in getting over his curse of hitting on women.

Highlight of the episode:
That moment when you’re watching Black Clover and Sekke Bronzazza shows up and is lying to the girls there about saving the Clover Kingdom so blatantly that even the subtitles can’t keep up. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:😂🤣😂💀

That’s all you need to know. :lemon:
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Also watched episodes one through six of Mob Psycho 100 season two!

Mob and Reigen went about their normal business of exorcising spirits. Mob was then asked out by a girl named Emi, who later told Mob she only asked him out because she lost a bet. Even so, Mob used his psychic powers and put her novel back together that was ripped apart by some girls to show that he cares. Tsubomi was watching from afar and thought it was smooth. From there, Mob and Reigen worked with another psychic to exorcise or get rid of “The Dragger,” an urban legend that was created from fear. Mob and Reigen then took on a big job in a two part episode in which a girl around Mob’s age had been possessed by an evil spirit, Mogami. Mob, with the help of Reigen and Dimple, entered the girl’s body and confronted the spirit of Mogami. At first, Mogami overpowered Mob and tried to change him, but Dimple snapped Mob out of it and Mob defeated Mogami, who remarked he would watch Mob from afar to see if the choice he made was the right one (only to be captured by someone from Claw). After this Mob started thinking for himself more and stopped showing up at Reigen’s Spirits and Such Consultation Office. This caused Mob and Reigen to grow apart. Reigen reinvented himself, however, and rose in popularity as a psychic, ending up on a national TV broadcast. Definitely looking forward to binging the second half of season two!

Up next on Mob Psycho 100, season two episode seven. Cornered ~True Identity~.

Managed to watch four episodes of anime today after finding some time :giggle:

Thoughts without too much spoilers after watching Sword Art Online: War of the Underworld Part 2 or SAO III episode 14:
- Glad they've found a way to treat Kirito.
- Lord Bercouli fight scene is super cool! Intelligent man and a loving uncle.

After watching SAO III episode 15:
- The namesake Underworld fits what the main characters are going through... where will hope come from next episode? :(

After watching Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha episode 3 and episode 4:
- Pace is good, not too fast not too slow (I don't read mangas so I'm not sure but from my overall feel).
- Oh my, Anos Voldigoad and his magic sword of destruction, Venuzdnor (the demonic sword of the founding ancestor that annihilates everything) just too OP! I like it. Somehow rather he reminds me a little of Momonga (now Ainz Ooal Gown) from Overlord :unsure:

I watched the first episode of Devilman Crybaby some couple of months ago and let me tell you... Oh my gosh, that was gruesome. I saw the maturity rating and knew that were was gonna be some gore and violence, but not too that degree. By the end of that episode I felt so scarred that I just didn’t want to return. It looks great for someone who likes that kind of stuff but I’m just too lighthearted 😆

Black Clover S3E34

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 136, released yesterday!

Noelle and the Black Bulls had to help Kiato and Kahono with calming an underwater sea guardian that was causing trouble. Noelle went with Finral, Kiato, and Kahono underwater and Noelle learned a new spell to protect them. They got past some fish that had been turned into sea monsters and a kraken before confronting the sea guardian itself. It was revealed that the sea guardian was just trying to protect its baby, which was why the area had been disturbed. Noelle was shown an image of her mother by the sea guardian before it left. The other Black Bulls had been training hard as well, getting ready for the upcoming fight with the devil Megicula... definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Also watched episodes seven through fourteen of Mob Psycho 100 season two and finished the series!

Reigen was on national television and was seen as a fake psychic by others because he didn’t just say the possessed kid on the show was pretending like the other psychic did. After this Reigen lost much popularity and support as a psychic. To try and redeem himself, however, he held a press conference in which he tried to explain himself. He couldn’t come up with anything but remembered how he had hurt Mob with his words before, so he just said “you’ve grown up a lot, haven’t you?” This caused the press to freak out at him, but Mob showed up and everything in the area seemed to move, so it looked like it was Reigen’s doing. Reigen then ended the press conference. Mob and Reigen were reunited, and Mob said Reigen is a “pretty good guy”. After this, Suzuki, the leader of Claw, and Claw itself, made their move to take over the world. Many psychics opposed them including Mob, Ritsu, Teruki, the kids from the awakening lab, the former Scars of Claw, Sho, who was revealed to be Suzuki’s son, and others. Together, they fought against Suzuki and the Ultimate Five, consisting of Shibata with super strength psychic powers, Serizawa with an umbrella which he uses with his psychic powers, Hatori with the ability to control any electronics using psychic powers, Shimazaki with the ability of teleportation and heightened awareness thanks to psychic powers, and Minegishi with the ability to control plants. Together along with Claw, they had taken over the Cultural Tower and planned to take over the rest of Japan and the world as well. After the rest of Claw and the Ultimate Five was taken out, Mob faced off with Suzuki, the boss, and shielded both Sho and Serizawa. Having talked to and being able to actually relate with Serizawa, Serizawa was now on Mob’s side, and the rest of the Ultimate Five pretty much stopped fighting for the boss. Suzuki said he didn’t care, as he knew he had the power to take over the world on his own. His ideals were that he didn’t need anyone and he became the strongest because of it, and Mob opposed him with the ideals that people grow from meeting others and people need people. What followed was a super intense fight between both Mob and Suzuki at their strongest. At first, it seemed as if Mob wasn’t strong enough to win, but he unleashed both his rage and powers and drew out 100% of Suzuki’s power. This caused Suzuki to almost explode. The others ran away from the explosion, but Mob stayed behind and reminded Suzuki of the goodness in life, and that he would be there for him to help. The psychic energy exploded, and it was thought that Mob was gone. Reigen found Mob, however. It turned out that the explosion had actually created a gigantic broccoli tree... thing that everyone in the city could now see. Suzuki was arrested and taken away, but not before Sho said that his mom would still give Suzuki an earful, and Suzuki thought about Mob’s words deeply that day. Mob and Reigen continued their business in a new office and Serizawa, formerly a shut-in, joined them to work for Reigen along with others. The last episode was kind of a short showing them going on a trip to get rid of a spirit together.

Overall, Mob Psycho 100 is an action-packed series that gets a bit weird at times, but is also hilarious at times and has heartfelt moments as well. I’d say my only complaint with the series is how many characters there are, but then again that’s also what makes the series great too. If you like action, humor, or good storytelling, or even are just a fan of the unknown, spirits, and psychics, then this series is for you. Mob Psycho 100 gets a 9/10 on the anime scale.

Up next I’ll be watching the movie My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising because I haven’t seen it yet. If you’re interested, here’s a short clip of the movie:

After that I’ll be watching the anime One Punch Man, since it is now available on Crunchyroll/VRV.

Until next time. See ya!​

I just finished rewatching Soul Eater on Hulu. The first time I watched it dubbed when I was new to anime and binged it so watching it in subtitles after so long was really fun.
Then I just found out that Crunchyroll has a movie for Goblin Slayer so I’m going to watch that next but first I’ve got to go see what my little villagers are up to today.

Back