• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I just finished rewatching Soul Eater on Hulu. The first time I watched it dubbed when I was new to anime and binged it so watching it in subtitles after so long was really fun.
Then I just found out that Crunchyroll has a movie for Goblin Slayer so I’m going to watch that next but first I’ve got to go see what my little villagers are up to today.
Noooooooo, why'd you do this to me 😭 😭 I had finally managed to forget all about that first episode 😱😱
I really wish Soul Eater would've come out with a new season instead of Soul Eater Not! 😭🙄

Been checking out the manga series kingdom and
have just gotten to the part where changwenjun got killed and xin agrees to travel with ying Zheng for the sake of upholding his and piao’s dream

Last edited:
Been a huge fan of Attack on Titan for years, unfortunately got busy with college and family so I ended up forgetting all about season 3's release. So finally when I remembered it, started over, binged 1 and 2 and just last month got started on Season 3 and my god.

This season has so much in it (I will not spoil anything) but I will just say that I found myself choked up from tears, shock and awe, amazement, just everything.
My brother read the manga, not me, so I just had to go off of what he said (if I remembered) so basically if something amazing happened last year or earlier when season 3 was being released, I didn't remember a single thing he told me so it was kind of a fresh start in a way.

Never have I had a show give me chills like this one, even Demon Slayer (which is a close second in the chill factor at times) which I also recommend and am excited for season 2 c: Except I think season 2 is technically a movie....so I'll need to do more research on that too..
I'll lastly mention that I watched each season dubbed, and am now going through with subtitles. It was just easier for me to have dub and listen to the English rather than worrying to much about the subtitles, but who cares the real acting and dialogue sounds amazing and I do wish I started on sub xD

Watched three episodes of The God of High School this morning.

Thoughts on The God of High School Episode 2:
- Mori best character! Like fighters with justice :)

The God of High School Episode 3:
- Han Daewi and his secret art martial art techniques! The animation is cool.
- What was that ending?! Is that even legal in a martial art tournament?! :oops:

The God of High School Episode 4:
- C'mon Han Daewi, don't let your emotions get the better of you. Poor Mira, only getting misfortunes after another in this episode :unsure:

Watched four episodes of anime today :) Glad I found some time.

Thoughts on Shokugeki no Souma Gou no Sara Episode 3:

- Finally, got to know Suzuki-sensei's identity as well as his ultimate motive.
- The introduction of Noir, the underground of the culinary world is a twist.

Shokugeki no Souma Gou no Sara Episode 4:

- After BLUES competition rules explained, seems more like mission impossible.
- The members of Noir looks like they came out of Akagami ga Kill.

Shokugeki no Souma Gou no Sara Episode 5:

- I miss Japanese konbini!!
- Yes, finally some direct cook-off between outside world chefs and Noir members!

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha Episode 5:

- Just saw two of the weakest demon emperors in all my anime history. Pathetic.
- Glad to have a new character in Ray! He looks formidable.

Finished watching the movie My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia: Heroes Rising!

Thoughts:

I really liked the idea of Midoriya, Bakugo, and the others splitting up to take on the four villains. Nine’s backstory and powers and all are especially interesting. The surprise twist with Midoriya passing on One For All to Bakugo caught me by surprise. I’m glad they were able to defeat Nine though and protect Katsuma and Mahoro. Thankfully, it was explained that the transfer wasn’t completed and so Midoriya kept One For All and Bakugo and him healed up just fine. Also, I see Shigaraki is as heartless as ever with finishing off a weak Nine and making him turn into dust and fade away 😂. Overall, I would give the movie an 8/10. I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first movie, My Hero Academia: Two Heroes, but it was still pretty good.

Up next I’ll be watching the anime One Punch Man like I mentioned before. Looking forward to it!​

I haven't really been watching anime that much lately due to reading stuff on WebToon. I'm at a phase where I have more of a preference to read something than to watch something. Though... I do add some anime to my watch list whenever I find an interesting anime that I'd like to watch.

To anyone that may be curious on what I've been reading on WebToon:
There are others that I'm planning on reading, but I haven't started on those yet and plan to do so at some point. Like SubZero, The Gamer, Phase, Tower of God, and True Beauty. Can't wait to get started on reading those whenever I get the chance to.

In any case... The latest anime that I have watched are: Senryu Girl, A Whisker Away, IDOLiSH7, IDOLiSH7 Vibrato, and Bamboo Blade. I watched Senryu Girl, A Whisker Away, and Bamboo Blade with the English Dub. IDOLiSH7 and IDOLiSH 7 Vibrato were watched in Japanese with English Subs. There wasn't an English Dub for these two, but I didn't mind having to watch them in the Japanese with English Subs.
  • Senryu Girl - Senryu Girl was an anime that I stumbled upon randomly by chance. I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it right away, but I saved the anime to my watch list because it seemed like a sweet and cute anime. It ended up being like I thought it would be when I was watching it. I definitely ship Nanako Yukishiro and Eiji Busujima together. They really have some cute moment when they're together in the anime. I'm really glad that I decided to watch this anime. It was a really nice anime to watch. Glad that they didn't put too many episodes for this since I think it looks better this way. I would recommend this anime if you want to watch something cute and sweet.
  • A Whisker Away - A Whisker Away was an anime movie that I saw on Netflix. It seemed interesting to watch when I saw it and I only wanted to watch a movie at the time. The movie overall to me was alight, but I did like the art and the voice acting on there. I probably wouldn't watch this anime movie a second time if given the opportunity. It would be better for me to watch something else instead.
  • IDOLiSH7 - IDOLiSH7 is actually a Japanese rhythm game that was able to get an anime adaptation. The mention of this anime adaptation was something I saw on a YouTube video. The main cast looked really vibrant and that drew me in to watch the anime. The anime is well... an idol anime... in case you weren't aware. The songs in the anime to me were pretty catchy and appealing. Though... I prefer songs by TRIGGER (another idol group) instead of IDOLiSH7 (the main group). I've been listening to their songs a lot more than IDOLiSH7 on YouTube. The bonds of these idol groups were really sweet and it makes me want to support them. This is why I love watching anime about idols. I was kind of shock when I found out that Riku Nanase and Ten Kujou were brothers .
  • IDOLiSH7 Vibrato - IDOLiSH7 Vibrato is basically a spin-off series of IDOLiSH7. It mentions the relationships of the members of TRIGGER like: how they met and how they grew closer as an unit. There is a part where it explores what Nagi, Tamaki, and Yamato were doing before going to the TRIGGER concert since they weren't with the other members at the time. Also... It comes up with an ending for the unresolved issue in the first season regarding the song "Natsu Shiyouze". This spin-off series was a nice added bonus to the tv series.
  • Bamboo Blade - Bamboo Blade was an anime that seemed interesting to me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it, but the concept of the anime is what peaked my interest. An anime about kendo. I've seen sports anime about tennis, basketball, volleyball, swimming, and etc. I just never watched a sports anime about kendo and was curious about it. The anime is comedic and pretty enjoyable. The only main characters that I liked were Tamaki Kawazoe and Miyako Miyazaki. Didn't really vibe with the other main characters. I was only watching this to see the sport only, but I ended up wanting to watch this more for the characters. Pretty cool anime overall in my opinion.
I was thinking of resuming either Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- or Golden Time whenever I feel like watching anime again. I usually don't like to leave things I've watched on-hold, so I try to get myself to watch them whenever possible. Hope to finish these two soon.

I watched the latest episode of Fruits Basket today and it went into Rin's backstory. I had a feeling that I was going to really like her character and now I love her. This was one of my favorite episodes in the series, right up there with the episode where you learn more about Hatori's backstory.

Just finished two episodes of ongoing Anime :)

Thoughts on Sword Art Online Season III Episode 16:

- The opening scene for this episode is a shocker.
- Kirito you really need to come back and turn the tides..
- Do not use gaming logic with the current season, it does not apply.

God of High School Episode 5:

- Two tiger cubs emerges.
- The rebirth of Han Daewi, now no longer alone.
- Sneek peek of possible stronger opponents?

i dont really watch anime as much as i used to before but re:zero is one of my faves and the second season is airing so i recommend checking that out if you haven’t! it’s got gore though so beware if you’re not into that!

re:zero fans, yall seen the newest ep that just came out? so many feels and tears aaa 🤧🤧,, also echidna is slowly climbing up on my wife list, love her design!

I've recently been getting up to date with Fruits Basket reboot 2nd season and ohmygod I cry every episode! It's just so emotional and thought through, that I can't help it. I absolutely love Thoru, she's such a sweetheart and just seeing her makes my heart soft 🥺

Seeing Machi and Kakeru interacting with Yuki, none of them knowing how much they're going to mean to each other makes me cry so much aaaaaa

In the school trip episode (17) Thoru thought something among the lines of "Someday will I also be pushed away in the same way?" about Kyo and knowing that they'll end up together and live happily ever after is just,, absolutely destroying me, I literally had to lay down for a bit after that. Every Kyoru moment is poetic cinema to me 💞✨

Don't even get me started on everyone's backstories, they're so heartbreaking, but well written as well. The fact that at the end everyone lives happily is such a comfort thing for me that I can't even describe it in words. I'm so glad that fruits basket portrays so many things that people can not only relate to, but also at the end find comfort in. The representation of many uncommon things which are actually thought through in the story is great and I highly respect the author for that!

i dont really watch anime as much as i used to before but re:zero is one of my faves and the second season is airing so i recommend checking that out if you haven’t! it’s got gore though so beware if you’re not into that!

re:zero fans, yall seen the newest ep that just came out? so many feels and tears aaa 🤧🤧,, also echidna is slowly climbing up on my wife list, love her design!
i just watched it and. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that ending thoo omg. and same i love echidna so much lol, especially in a school uniform :0

Catch up on the latest episodes of this season's animes today:

Thoughts on Swort Art Online III Episode 17:

- Plot armor here to save the day for many of the conflicts.
- Nautilus and YUNA cameos are too brief!
- It is time for Kirito to wake!!! Where's my next episode?

Shokugeki no Souma Gou no Sara Episode 6:

- Food preparation by Noir members just too bizzare.
- Good to see Nikumi make an appearance, I mean Ikumi Mito.
- Noir members titles are hilarious: Sarge (master of the armed dish), Marcanta (master of the circus dish), Claude Ville (master of the blood dish), Bunny Hare (master of the sadistic dish).
- Glad the White Knight of the Table still retains his ability to communicate with food.
- The Yukihira-Style Midsummer Christmas Cake looks like a Yule Log.

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha Episode 6:

- Excited that the potential reincarnation of Lignon, the Great Spirit of Water, to join Anos team.
- Sir Melheis Boran of the Seven Elder Demon Emperors look like he could be demon version of Merlin.
- The owl messenger reminds me of the postal service in the wizarding world of Harry Potter.
- Sir Ivis as a cat is just adorable.
- Anos looks awkward playing cautious, he should just crush his opposition to the point they have no choice but to accept he is the true Demon King of Tyranny.

Black Clover S3E35

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 137, released last week!

It was a filler episode in which Charmy wanted to make food that would enhance mana explosively, and trained under Jamo, head of the chefs for the Magic Knights, to do it. When she finally accomplished it though, the food came alive and everyone in the Black Bulls had to work together to eat it all! The second half of the episode featured Gordon going off on his own to become stronger, but realizing in the end that he was able to become stronger because of his friends. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Also watched episodes one through five of One Punch Man!

In a world where crimes and villains are on the rise, there exists one hero... who just wants to be a hero for fun. Meet Saitama, the strongest human, and hero, in existence who can defeat any enemy with one punch. To become so overpowered he trained hard for three years, and now, at the age of 25, had everything he needed to be strong. The first couple of episodes feature him and his encounter with some enemies, as well as a human cyborg named Genos, which he takes under his wing as a disciple. There’s just one problem... no one knows who Saitama is! To fix this, Saitama and Genos sign up for the hero registry, and while Genos becomes an S rank hero right off the bat, Saitama starts out as a C rank hero due to not doing well on the essay portion of the exam. A hero by the name of Amai Mask confronts Genos and gives him a word of warning. Now, Genos is set to live with Saitama and they will work together to do hero work. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Up next on One Punch Man, episode six. The Terrifying City.

One punch, it’s done, and now we’ve won!​

Back