• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

The house was finally quiet enough to watch some anime so we watched quite a bit recently!

- Finished My Hero Academia Season 4. They finished off the season in a really nice, lighthearted way! I loved Gentle Criminal and La Brava.
- Finished the second season of Love is War. I thought both seasons were fantastic, it's hard to choose which one was better.
- Started Balanced Unlimited and got to episode 4. I really love this anime! It has a unique setting and mixes funny/serious moments so well.
- Started Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainous and got to episode 6. A really cute anime with lots of lovable moments! I am enjoying it so far!

I looove the fate series!! I’m currently on FGO but I finished all of the stay night series except for heavens feel xD favorite characters would be Gilgamesh, Mordred, and Achilles! I just hate how they made Shiro’s eyes so fricken huge on stay night xD

tbh I don't have many, so some of my favorites in no particular order

keroro gusno
Made in abyss
Nichijou
Azumanga Daioh
My hero acadamia
fruits basket (2019)(so much better then the older anime)
Pani Poni Dash
Bobobo-bo Bo-bob
Beastars
Demon Slayer
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
Kemono Friends
jashin-chan dropkick
Pop Team Epic
zombieland saga
School-Live!

(I'm currently looking forward to the higurashi remake)

Last edited:
Anyone here watched Fire Force? I'm interested in trying it. The description makes it sound a lot like Promare, which case I would probably enjoy it since I really liked the movie.

Just finished A Whisker Away on netflix and was delightfully surprised! A cute little movie about cats <3

Some parts definitely resonated with me since I'm a huge cat person. I love my fluffy boy dearly ;;

I’ve been watching Seitokai off and on. It can be very entertaining if you're in the right mood, but the lack of variety in the jokes can make it difficult to binge.

Last edited:
Decided to go ahead and try Fire Force. I only watched the first episode so far, but it was a nice intro! I will pick it up another night (possibly tomorrow) when I am feeling more awake.

I started watching the promised neverland!! I loved it but got too lazy to watch the anime so I’m reading the manga now hahah. I’m almost done reading it ; n ;

The anime is so good though! Though the manga is probably a good choice since it ends on quite the cliffhanger. Not sure when season 2 will come out.

Black Clover S3E36

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 138, released last week!

It was a heartwarming filler episode about how Zora Ideale was remembering his father who passed, Zara Ideale, and how he became a Magic Knight after trying many, many times as a peasant. A kid around his hometown named Ina got into a fight with a noble’s son, and Zora stepped in to help out. Zora imparted some wisdom upon the boy because Ina wanted to become a Magic Knight. His dad and him were confronted by the noble and his son, and Ina was accused of being a thief, but Zora showed up and explained things, and the noble and his son ran off. Ina and his dad grew closer as a result and aimed to become Magic Knights together. In this way Zora became sort of a hero to the kid. Finished with his work there, Zora left. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes (can Black Clover episodes stop making me cry please?)!
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Also watched episodes six through nine of One Punch Man!

Genos heard of an approaching meteor that would wipe out City Z. He and another hero aimed to stop it, but failed. Saitama stepped in and destroyed the meteor. However, the leftover crashing debris hurt the city pretty badly. Two heroes that were mad at C class hero Saitama riled up the people to be mad at him. Saitama tried to defend himself, but Genos asked if they could go home, to which he said yes. After this, a monster from the sea named the Deep Sea King surfaced and started taking out heroes. Speed O Sound Sonic had somehow escaped from prison and fought him as well, but couldn’t take the monster out. Genos tried to protect a shelter of people and defeat the Deep Sea King, but almost died. Meanwhile, the powerless bicycle-riding C class hero Mumen Rider tried to battle the Deep Sea King with the people’s support, but was easily taken out. Thankfully Saitama arrived and caught him, and defeated the monster with one punch. The people were shocked, but Saitama played it off as a “the other heroes weakened it, so he just finished it off” kind of thing. Saitama said he would take the credit as well. Genos knew what Saitama was really up to, however, which was to make sure the Heroes Association didn’t get its name tarnished and the people wouldn’t become suspicious. To Genos, that was the most heroic way Saitama could have spun it. Saitama also became a B class hero during this time. At the end, Saitama had a meal with Mumen Rider who had helped him out by providing transportation. Next, an unspeakable evil approaches as well as the end of season one... definitely looking forward to finishing season one of One Punch Man!

Up next on One Punch Man, episode ten. Unparalleled Peril.

One punch, it’s done, and now we’ve won!​

Decided to go ahead and try Fire Force. I only watched the first episode so far, but it was a nice intro! I will pick it up another night (possibly tomorrow) when I am feeling more awake.

The anime is so good though! Though the manga is probably a good choice since it ends on quite the cliffhanger. Not sure when season 2 will come out.
Yeah the anime is what hooked me in to read the manga! I started reading the manga because I’m too impatient to watch the anime since it’s much quicker to read than watch it haha

Am I the only one here that is absolutely pumped for Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon? I know that I have posted about Inuyasha on here before, but I heard that the new series that follows new characters airs in October. They have a new trailer on YouTube and Viz, and I really want to know how the series plays out. So much has changed, and although I am wondering about many things, I just want to know if the music will live up to the old series. Maybe it’s just me, but I enjoy Wada‘s compositions, it’s a lot different from most animes with rock/jazz music (which can also be pretty epic) but I do enjoy classical music for anime.

Watched episodes ten through twelve of One Punch Man and finished season one!

All of the S class heroes and Saitama were gathered to deal with a prophecy of an imminent threat to the Earth. Just then, a massive spaceship arrived and destroyed City A. The heroes rushed out to meet the alien forces in battle, and Saitama boarded the spaceship and began destroying it. After the three toughest alien soldiers were taken out, Saitama faced the leader, Lord Boros, in battle. Lord Boros ended up being the first enemy that Saitama couldn’t kill with one punch. However, after a fierce battle, Saitama emerged victorious in the end. Genos was warned that Metal Knight is his “enemy,” and Metal Knight harvested the ship remains. Amai Mask appeared finally and finished off the captured remaining aliens, remarking to the heroes that they were pathetic because they couldn’t stop the destruction of the city while fighting. Saitama and Genos were questioned by Tatsumaki (Tornado), but brushed her off, and thanks to the old man Silverfang, she let them go. City A was rebuilt as the Heroes Association HQ with roads leading out of it to all the cities. Things went back to normal for Saitama and Genos. Saitama punched through an enemy again while Genos saved a person, and Saitama screamed in frustration that it was only taking one punch to defeat his enemies again. Ah well. C’est la vie, as they say.

Will watch season two once I can. There’s currently an error on Crunchyroll/VRV’s part that won’t let me access season two for some reason, even though I know it’s there... lol, so I guess I’m stuck in limbo for now until I start something new.​

I started watching HxH a month ago and I recently saw a sad spoiler and it turns out it’s the next episode I have to watch I haven’t watched it because I’m not ready to cry yet lol

Black Clover S3E37

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 139, released earlier this week!

Vanessa talked with Captain Yami and said she needed to take care of something. She went to her home, The Witches Forest, to get stronger. The Witch Queen made her train two magic users, Elvira and Samantha, who have illusion and sound magic respectively. At first things seemed dire, but Vanessa was able to train them well and get the magical beasts to leave the area at the same time (so the place can detect when the Spade Kingdom will attack). Everyone was impressed from watching. Vanessa also saw Dominante Code here who was selling things. Vanessa then told The Witch Queen she didn’t need a powerful spell anyway, and decided to train on her own. She returned to the Black Bulls base, on a mission to get stronger herself so that she can protect her friends. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Back