• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

So I’m watching another Rumiko Takahashi manga adapted anime called Ranma 1/2. I don’t know what to make of it so far, I think the concept is pretty unique with a boy who changes genders depending on the temperature of the water and involvement in Chinese culture. It sort of reminds me of Inuyasha (same mangaka), Cardcaptor Sakura (maybe because of the Chinese culture and setting?), and like any kung fu movie.

In that case, which anime shows have you already seen? Just want to make sure I don’t recommend you something you’ve already seen, lol.
I have watched
Toilet bound hanako-kun
Seven deadly sins
Demon slayer
The helpful fox Senko-San
Fairytail (kinda
Tordadora
Little witch academia

I have watched
Toilet bound hanako-kun
Seven deadly sins
Demon slayer
The helpful fox Senko-San
Fairytail (kinda
Tordadora
Little witch academia

I just remembered I’m in need of anime recommendations as well. I have nothing to watch right now besides weekly Black Clover episodes and some MHA OVAs. I may pick up Little Witch Academia because I’ve heard it’s good.

This is all that I’ve watched and I would recommend any of these to be honest. Warning that most of it is shounen, but so is Hunter x Hunter. Also warning that some of these can get pretty... graphic and violent.

The Rising of The Shield Hero
Attack on Titan
One-Punch Man
Gurren Lagann
Mob Psycho
Made in Abyss
Parasyte the maxim
Demon Slayer
Kill la Kill
Tower of God
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures (all 5 parts)
Hunter x Hunter
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!
Dragon Ball Super
Cowboy Bebop
My Hero Academia
Akame ga Kill
Black Clover

I just remembered I’m in need of anime recommendations as well. I have nothing to watch right now besides weekly Black Clover episodes and some MHA OVAs. I may pick up Little Witch Academia because I’ve heard it’s good.

This is all that I’ve watched and I would recommend any of these to be honest. Warning that most of it it shounen, but so is Hunter x Hunter. Also warning that some of these can get pretty... graphic and violent.

Attack on Titan
One-Punch Man
Gurren Lagann
Mob Psycho
Made in Abyss
Parasyte the maxim
Demon Slayer
Kill la Kill
Tower of God
Hunter x Hunter
Dragon Ball Super
Cowboy Bebop
My Hero Academia
Akame ga Kill
Black Clover
There a couple anime I’ve watched but forgot about on her like full metal alchemist akame ga kill and Attack on titan I think I’ll do demon slayer because I haven’t finished it all I just don’t wanna cry because HxH yet lol

There a couple anime I’ve watched but forgot about on her like full metal alchemist akame ga kill and Attack on titan I think I’ll do demon slayer because I haven’t finished it all I just don’t wanna cry because HxH yet lol

Yeah, I get what you mean. My plan is to watch those MHA OVAs and then start Little Witch Academia now. Thanks for helping me out as well!

This is all that I’ve watched and I would recommend any of these to be honest. Warning that most of it is shounen, but so is Hunter x Hunter. Also warning that some of these can get pretty... graphic and violent.

Attack on Titan
One-Punch Man
Gurren Lagann
Mob Psycho
Made in Abyss
Parasyte the maxim
Demon Slayer
Kill la Kill
Tower of God
Hunter x Hunter
Dragon Ball Super
Cowboy Bebop
My Hero Academia
Akame ga Kill
Black Clover

I would give Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic a shot if you haven't seen it! It's got a lot of action, unique characters, good animation, cool abilities, etc. Mo Dau Zu Shi is also a good Chinese anime that has a darker theme. I also think Seraph of the End is still worth a watch.

I shared my list here a couple years ago, but I will share it again since it's been updated quite a bit. I'd like to see other people's lists too if you have one!

I would give Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic a shot if you haven't seen it! It's got a lot of action, unique characters, good animation, cool abilities, etc. Mo Dau Zu Shi is also a good Chinese anime that has a darker theme. I also think Seraph of the End is still worth a watch.

I shared my list here a couple years ago, but I will share it again since it's been updated quite a bit. I'd like to see other people's lists too if you have one!

Thank you, I’ll add that one to my list as well to watch after LWA. I’ll take a look at your MAL too. :D

My Hero Academia OVAs

Just watched the recent My Hero Academia OVA, Make It! Do-or-Die Survival Training parts 1 and 2!

Class 1-A was split into two groups and sent to an underground mall to do rescue training and prepare for the provisional licensing exam (this took place before season three’s second half). Midoriya’s group was further split up into balanced teams. Once underground, the underground mall began collapsing. Iida got injured while saving Yaoyorozu. Uraraka, Tsuyu and Yaoyorozu helped Iida get out. Meanwhile, Bakugo, Kaminari, and Kirishima restored power to the place using Kaminari’s quirk, just in time for Tokoyami’s Dark Shadow to go back to being under control so that Todoroki wouldn’t be in trouble. Water began to fill the place, so Todoroki stayed behind to freeze the water while everyone else got out. Bakugo and Midoriya stayed behind to help Todoroki escape, and even though Bakugo got injured, he used Midoriya as a cane and everyone passed the survival training, with Bakugo having saved the rescue dummy. Aizawa remarked that he would continue to test the class until the provisional licensing exam began.

I couldn’t find Little Witch Academia on Crunchyroll/VRV, so up next I’ll be watching either Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, or something else entirely! Stay tuned to find out!​

Dropped you an add! Happy to see you also enjoyed Barakamon (one of my favorites).

Currently considering finishing Tower of God and Log Horizon. Have only seen a couple episodes of each and got carried away by another show.

@Izuku Midoriya LWA got released on Netflix recently if that's an option for you.

Attack on Titan
One-Punch Man
Gurren Lagann
Mob Psycho
Made in Abyss
Parasyte the maxim
Demon Slayer
Kill la Kill
Tower of God
Hunter x Hunter
Dragon Ball Super
Cowboy Bebop
My Hero Academia
Akame ga Kill
Black Clover

You should give these anime/manga a shot!
Re:Zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu
Steins Gate
Code Geass
Psycho-Pass
Samurai Champloo
Fire Force
Beastars
Golden Kamuy
Tensei ****tara slime datta ken
Zankyou no Terror
World Trigger

Watched The Anthem of the Heart tonight, didn't expect it to be this good. My favorite part is that Takumi was interested in one girl and that he didn't just fall in love with a girl he barely knows. I really liked the ending too because it's so open, like life just moves on after Jun worked through her trauma.

Also going to start Great Pretender, looks pretty neat.

Right now, my favorite anime are the following:
-One Piece — manga and anime (stopped watching anime for awhile since the repeat flashbacks was really annoying me & the semi-fillers and stopped with manga because the translation online sometime in Wano wasn’t as good on the site I read it on
-Fruits Basket - manga only
-Ghost in the Shell SAC & 2nd Gig
-Fullmetal Alchemist and & Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
-Drifters
-Great Teacher Onizuka - manga and anime
-Fate Zero
-Attack on Titan - anime - have the manga and maybe will eventually read it and usually watch it with friends but since I’m staying home, i might have to watch it on my own (it’s still hard watching it with friends because I get so nervous)

Anime I need to finish that would probably be on the list:
-Trigun
-Cowboy Bebop

Re-watching Kemono Friends. I honestly think this is the best low budget anime I've ever seen. Most low budget anime is either terrible or mediocre watch only once type shows. But I think Kemono Friends is super cute.

When I'm done with this (will be soon) I think I'll start watching Chihayafuru. I'm in the mood for a sports-type anime and I know nothing about karuta (Japanese card game). Would be interesting to learn some about it. Have heard good things about the show.

Back