• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Re-watching Kemono Friends. I honestly think this is the best low budget anime I've ever seen. Most low budget anime is either terrible or mediocre watch only once type shows. But I think Kemono Friends is super cute.

When I'm done with this (will be soon) I think I'll start watching Chihayafuru. I'm in the mood for a sports-type anime and I know nothing about karuta (Japanese card game). Would be interesting to learn some about it. Have heard good things about the show.
Yes! This is great timing as the third season ended recently. One of my favorites - hope you enjoy it!

Also highly recommend 3-gatsu no Lion which has a similar sports setting (in this case, shogi) and follows all the struggles and well-deserved successes of a young prodigy and those around him. It's truly a beautiful experience and one I watched while instead of studying for exams. It still warms my heart whenever I think about it and was one of the few shows that had me in tears.

I need to re-watch it.

Last edited:
I just finished watching season 3 of Overlord. It was pretty good, but sometimes I felt like the pacing was too fast and I would have liked more time devoted to character or plot development.

Next up, I think I'll be watching the newest season of Seven Deadly Sins.

I've admittedly been on a trash otome isekai binge recently. I'm looking for recommendations (though I'd hazard a guess that I've read most of them LOL), no matter how good or bad they are :^)

If anyone wants to talk about trash otome isekai, hit me up via dms/profile posts :^)

I've admittedly been on a trash otome isekai binge recently. I'm looking for recommendations (though I'd hazard a guess that I've read most of them LOL), no matter how good or bad they are :^)

If anyone wants to talk about trash otome isekai, hit me up via dms/profile posts :^)
My next life as a villainess: all routes lead to doom is something I recently watched and LOVED. I am so excited for the second season to come out 🥺

Decided to start watching Fire Force next at several peoples’ suggestions. It was inevitable that I would watch this at some point, so better late than never. I finished the first episode and love it already. Curious to see how the rest of the series pans out. I’ll post a recap here later once I’m further in.

Decided to start watching Fire Force next at several peoples’ suggestions. It was inevitable that I would watch this at some point, so better late than never. I finished the first episode and love it already. Curious to see how the rest of the series pans out. I’ll post a recap here later once I’m further in.

Can't wait to see your review on the first episode of Fire Force Season 2, I couldn't find myself finishing the first season (should make an effort). I have also got to finish the first season of Re:Zero before I watch Season 2 that is ongoing this season. For now, I'm trying to find the right mood to binge watch Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru Season 1 and 2 to refresh my memory before I dive into Season 3 :unsure:

Yes! This is great timing as the third season ended recently. One of my favorites - hope you enjoy it!

Also highly recommend 3-gatsu no Lion which has a similar sports setting (in this case, shogi) and follows all the struggles and well-deserved successes of a young prodigy and those around him. It's truly a beautiful experience and one I watched while instead of studying for exams. It still warms my heart whenever I think about it and was one of the few shows that had me in tears.

I need to re-watch it.

I loved 3-gatsu no Lion as well. It really was beautiful. Have you watched Honey and Clover? The story is by the same mangaka. It's also pretty emotional, but in a different way. Another wonderful series.

I loved 3-gatsu no Lion as well. It really was beautiful. Have you watched Honey and Clover? The story is by the same mangaka. It's also pretty emotional, but in a different way. Another wonderful series.
I've not seen it yet but have heard it's one to watch. :) I'll have to check it out next - thank you! ❤

I'm not really an anime person and it's been a while since I picked up a series (I'm really bad when it comes to shows cuz i always never finish them ugggh) but I recently picked up Fire Force and it reminded me alot of Blue Exorcist (which I havent finished yet whoops). I'm also trying to pick up Devilman Crybaby again after watching the first episode a couple years ago and dropping it after that due to laziness.

I watched the first episode of the latest season of Seven Deadly Sins today and was immensely disappointed to see that it was heavily censored. The first few seasons weren't like that at all so it came as a shock and was actually very distracting. I looked it up and found out it aired like that in Japan, though, so I guess it's not something Netflix had any control over.

I've been watching Hitoribocchi with a friend recently! I'm also attempting to finish Galko-chan with a friend pretty soon.

My thoughts on Galko-chan so far... it's okay? It really has no main plot, which usually has me hooked, as I tend to get distracted quite easily. But all this anime has done is distract me from watching it attentively. I love the characters, I really do, it's a cute short anime, but I'm not sure if it's my... style?

Hitoribocchi though, I LOVE. So so much. It's also a cute show, but not a short one. Episodes are about 20-ish minutes maybe? Like normal length, and there's 12. I notice myself paying more attention to Hitoribocchi versus Galko-chan, lol.

I think next I'm going to start Mob Psycho 100, as many people have suggested to me!​

I always fall in and out of watching anime, but even in off periods like now I do like to watch 1 episode of a show per day while I drink my coffee. Rn I'm nearly finished with Poco's Udon World, which I thought I'd enjoy but,,,no. Not enjoying it that much for some reason, it's just not connecting with me.

If anyone has any suggestions for more obscure, relaxing slice of life shows to watch next hmu! I've seen all the big ones like Aria, Natsume, Mushishi, Yuru Camp, and Flying Witch though.

The only anime-esc type of shows/movies I've liked are Castle in the Sky, and I guess the Voltron reboot (not sure if it counts).

I don't see anyone talk about Castle in the Sky too much and it's a great movie i'd recommend! It's at its best if you get a copy sometime around 2004, since extra lines were added in from the bloopers, if you like a more humorous experience.

I always fall in and out of watching anime, but even in off periods like now I do like to watch 1 episode of a show per day while I drink my coffee. Rn I'm nearly finished with Poco's Udon World, which I thought I'd enjoy but,,,no. Not enjoying it that much for some reason, it's just not connecting with me.

If anyone has any suggestions for more obscure, relaxing slice of life shows to watch next hmu! I've seen all the big ones like Aria, Natsume, Mushishi, Yuru Camp, and Flying Witch though.
Gingitsune Messenger of the Fox Gods is an obscure one I stumbled across not too long ago and thoroughly enjoyed if you want to give it a try, it’s on Crunchyroll.

Gingitsune Messenger of the Fox Gods is an obscure one I stumbled across not too long ago and thoroughly enjoyed if you want to give it a try, it’s on Crunchyroll.
Aaa thanks for the suggestion! Sadly I've already seen it hahaa 😂

It's a really nice show, I loved the shrine setting and the friendship between the three main girls was really great. I appreciate your recommendation though, I've seen a LOT of slice of life shows so its pretty hard to find new ones!! >.<

I reward myself when I use the treadmill by watching the 2020 Digimon Adventures. I've almost cried like 3 times already because of the nostalgia.

I watched the newest episode of Re:Zero today and it was amazing, as always.

I also watched the second episode of Seven Deadly Sins and was so relieved to see that the censorship was gone. It was really, really bad. Like 4Kids bad.

Black Clover S3E38

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 140, was released earlier this week!

Sally was allowed to experiment on the Black Bulls, and took a lock of hair from Asta. Asta kept his promise that he would allow her to experiment on him since she and the others helped him out, and Sally kept her promise that she would experiment on people without hurting them, to help them out. In the second half of the episode Lord Julius, the current Wizard King, called the captains of the Crimson Lions and the Silver Eagles to help him out. They were sent to Arandom village to figure out why bandits were supposedly attacking it. It turns out the villagers were acting as bandits because they needed help rebuilding their village. Fuegoleon Vermillion and Nozel Silva then revealed their true identities while there with Marx, and said they would help rebuild the village, and for the village to help other villages in the area to rebuild. They also sent Magic Knights to help out as well. The people were truly grateful for this and thanked them. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Still only on episode two of Fire Force, but I’ll post a recap later once I have time to watch it! :)

Back