• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Absolutely! I'd love to hear about it.
Overpaid for a save bundle of Michiko & Hatchin. I know they're normally around 20. 10 bucks each for "Submarine 707R" from Geneon/Pioneer, and "Tweeny Witches, The Adventures" from Anime Works.

Looks like that last one comes after the main show. I wonder if the order matters.

Last edited:
I finished watching Aggretsuko season 3. It's the only anime series that I've ever binge watched. 😅

I liked it but not as much as season 2. I think in order of preference for the seasons it'd go 2 > 1 > 3 (not counting the Christmas special or the original shorts).

No plot spoilers just my general thoughts but don't read if you want to be 100% blind going in:

It doesn't have any songs that are as good as the ones from season 2 and really hardly has any songs at all. I didn't realize how much I liked having them until watching this one. Also, the plot mostly focuses on one story line with Aggretsuko outside of work. It's more linear leading up to the ending instead of having Retsuko go through different changes and realizations. There's also less of the side characters from the previous seasons since Retsuko is off doing her own thing and that's what the focus is on, although there is a subplot with one of the other characters that ties in. I can't find the words but it felt a bit empty... That being said I did still enjoy it! It's just a bit different from the previous seasons which I prefer slightly more.

Overpaid for a save bundle of Michiko & Hatchin. I know they're normally around 20. 10 bucks each for "Submarine 707R" from Geneon/Pioneer, and "Tweeny Witches, The Adventures" from Anime Works.

Looks like that last one comes after the main show. I wonder if the order matters.
I had to look them up but Michiko & Hatchin and Tweeny Witches look pretty cool. They seem like they'd be my style.

Cool finds!

Yes! This is great timing as the third season ended recently. One of my favorites - hope you enjoy it!

Also highly recommend 3-gatsu no Lion which has a similar sports setting (in this case, shogi) and follows all the struggles and well-deserved successes of a young prodigy and those around him. It's truly a beautiful experience and one I watched while instead of studying for exams. It still warms my heart whenever I think about it and was one of the few shows that had me in tears.

I need to re-watch it.

Really enjoying Chihayafuru. I finished season 1 and am halfway through season 2. This show reminds me of Hajime no Ippo, where there's really good character development and you end up liking all of the characters once you learn more about them and their motivations, even if you hate them for being annoying or creepy at first.

Thanks for the recommendation. I found I'm enjoying anime that teach me about something Japanese culture-related that I know little to nothing about, but also has a good story. I enjoyed Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju for the same reason as Chihayafuru, even though it's not at all sports anime-like. I don't know anything about shogi, so it fits!

caught up with balance unlimited and i love it, definitely one of my favourite seasonals. i love daisuke and harus dynamic so much and these last few episodes have been reallyyy good :00 also the op is a banger!!

Black Clover S3E39

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 141, released earlier!

This episode featured the Golden Dawn and how Alecdora was envious that Yuno takes all the merit. After several missions together, however, Alecdora and Yuno grew a bit closer and Yuno said that he doesn’t need a reason to defend his comrades, because they’re friends. Alecdora noted this but said that he still hasn’t acknowledged Yuno yet. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Also watched episodes one through five of Fire Force season one!
In the future an unnatural phenomenon known as spontaneous human combustion affects the world, and turns ordinary humans into fiery beasts known as Infernals. Shinra Kusakabe knows this, and enlists with the Special Fire Force 8th unit. With his unique ability to set his feet on fire using his a Devil’s Footprints as a third generation pyrokinetic, Shinra teams up with Captain Obi and his crew to investigate the other Special Fire Force units and put an end to the Infernal phenomenon once and for all. Arthur Boyle is introduced to the crew as someone who wields a plasma sword and is known as the “Knight King”. Maki is a second generation pyrokinetic from the military with a fierce attitude. Lieutenant Hinawa is above the three of them and serves under Captain Obi with an even more serious attitude than Maki. Lastly, Sister Iris is a part of the Special Fire Force unit 8 as well and performs the prayers when the group defeats an Infernal so that they can rest. After some missions, Shinra and Arthur are chosen to represent the unit in the Fire Soldier games, a competition where the first person to rescue the person inside wins. Shinra uses his ability to leap into the building where the competition is taking place. However, a mysterious man by the name of “Joker” interrupts the games and nearly kills Shinra before help arrives. Joker leaves the offer for Shinra to join him and leaves by setting off a timed explosion using Infernal ashes. Shinra and others save everyone, but Joker gets away. Next, after coming into contact with an Infernal that is self aware, Special Fire Force units 8 and 5 oppose each other. Special Fire Force unit 8 then launches a surprise attack during the night on Special Fire Force unit 5. Maki and Lieutenant Hinawa take on a guy who can set off explosions with bubbles, Arthur faces another mysterious man and the Infernal from before on power-boosting drugs, Shinra goes ahead to save Sister Iris from Princess Hibana, Captain of Special Fire Force unit 5, and Captain Obi is nowhere to be seen. At first, it seems like Special Unit Fire Force 8 is at a disadvantage, but each of them turns the tables on their opponents. Arthur is getting beat up by the power-boosted Infernal before he realizes that his plasma sword is in the wrong hand. He then puts it back in the correct hand and slices apart the Infernal in one slice, using his move Violet Flash. Finally, Shinra smiles his devilish smile and heads toward Captain Hibana. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Up next on Fire Force, episode six. The Spark of Promise.

We’ll keep on marching right until our fire’s burning out! 🔥

I watched Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Season 1 a couple of days ago and watched the latest season up to episode 8. I'm on team Rem so please end the season well :confused: Glad to see Subaru continuing to make good to his vow to Rem to be the most awesome hero or I'll hold it against him. Season 2 part 1 is looking good so far :unsure:

I watched Sword Art Online's latest episode yesterday and curious how they will end the season with just a few more episodes left. Bittersweet to know this season will be the last from what I have been hearing from the chatter :confused:

The latest God of Highschool ep was 😫👌

Just watched it and it was dope. "It seems the tiger raised another tiger" (y)

Just watched Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo: Oretachi no Game Set. A movie continuation from the Fall 2019 anime series, Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo that is based on a Japanese romantic comedy light novel written by Rakuda and illustrated by Buriki :)

Happy to see the pretty boy, Yasuo Hazuki, or Hose lose pathetically. His ugly personality showed and made the three silly girls, Sakura Akino, Aoi Hinata, and Hina Hanetachi regret their decision to give their votes to Hose at the end of the Fall 2019 anime series. Not gonna lie, Amatsuyu Kisaragi or Joro got me for a second when he confessed to Sumireko Sanshokuin or Pansy. I liked how it ended though with Joro staying true to himself and being the person he is, someone who does not show his true self to protect others around him. Good to see the bromance going strong between Joro and Taiyo Oga or Sun-chan. The Bench still making appearances and bringing nostalgia :LOL: Not going to post too many spoilers or it'll spoil the movie too much for potential viewers.

Watched episodes six through ten of Fire Force!

Shinra caught up with Sister Iris and Captain Hibana. He dueled Captain Hibana in a fierce 1v1 fight and then punched her to snap her out of her delusions. After this, the Special Fire Force units 5 and 8 decided to work together. They then investigated the First Special Fire Force unit and found out that someone was creating Infernals out of humans using an insect. Shinra and Arthur teamed up with Karim to find out who it was. They found out it was none other than Rekka of the First who was doing this, and Shinra caught up to where him, Tamaki, and a bunch of kids were just in time to save Tamaki from certain death. This angered Rekka and Shinra and him dueled each other, with Shinra ultimately winning. Karim arrived and froze Rekka using his abilities. Just then, however, a mysterious sniper and someone else from far away quickly took out Rekka, as it seems they were done using him. Another shot came and Foien Li pushed Karim out of the way as his arm got chopped off. Karim had Shinra create a smokescreen and Tamaki use her abilities to make the opponent withdraw due to being cautious. After all of this ended, Shinra and everyone else decided to work together to investigate the so-called Evangelist who Rekka had been talking about before he died. Tamaki was placed with Special Fire Force unit 8. Her, Shinra, Captain Hibana, and Captain Obi then attended a meeting between all the Special Fire Force captains, with the goal being to find the white-clad organization and Evangelist, and defeat them. After the meeting was over, everyone went home except for Shinra. Shinra then had a second meeting with Joker, who told him his brother was in the white-clad organization. Later that night while eating, Shinra told the others about running into Joker and having to face his brother someday in battle. They resolved to find the Evangelist on the grounds that they would find Shinra’s brother as well. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Up next on Fire Force, episode eleven. Formation of Special Fire Force Company 8 / The Mightiest Hikeshi.

Finished the first 2 seasons of Chihayafuru and have started season 3. The show itself is continuing to be great, but I have a lot of issues with how they translated the subtitles for season 3 so far. They are literally translating cards now, when they didn't in previous seasons, and it can cause confusion. Like they keep referring to the "Chiha" card as the "Impassioned" card (which honestly is a weird translation anyway). They should've stayed as they were before for consistency's sake. This translator obviously didn't research how the previous seasons were done.

I also tried watching Starlight Revue and Release the Spyce. Starlight Revue disappointed me. I dropped it after only watching 3 episodes. The cast is way too big to develop properly in such a short show, the school sections are done in a boring way so it feels like they're wasting time until they get to the "revue" part, and the revue part is basically Utena done in a less good way. If anyone here has watched this show and liked it, please go watch Utena if you haven't. It's far better.

Release the Spyce was OK. It's basically Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, except instead of just doing Cute Things, there's some action scenes in there. There's definitely some James Bond influences here, except they are high school girls, dress like ninjas, and for some reason biting a cinnamon stick or a bay leaf can power up their fighting abilities. But if the bad guys eat the spice... drug dealing! (WTF?!) I will probably watch more of this out of curiosity to see where it goes, if HiDive cooperates in streaming more of those episodes. Had trouble with it and that's why I moved on to Chihayafuru season 3 (also on HiDive, no problems, why?!). This definitely is a watch once only show regardless.

Black Clover S3E40

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 142, released earlier!

We saw some of what was going on when The Eye of The Midnight Sun attacked the Clover Kingdom. A woman’s family and others were wiped out. Seeking revenge, she found someone that worked for Damnatio Kira and a group called the Devil Banishers was born. They abducted Marie since she had previously been an elf and attacked the Clover Kingdom, and they attacked Asta and Nero as well with poison gas. Noelle showed up in time to save Asta, but the Devil Banishers got away with Nero/Secre. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Also watched episodes eleven through fourteen of Fire Force!

We got some backstory on how the Special Fire Force unit 8 was born. Captain Obi and Lieutenant Hinawa came from different backgrounds, but worked together to put an Infernal to rest. From there they created a Special Fire Force unit with Captain Obi at the helm, Lieutenant Hinawa recommended Maki to join, and the rest is history. The group then went to visit Asakusa to investigate The Knights of The Ashen Flame and the Evangelist. There they ran into the Special Fire Force unit 7, lead by Captain Benimaru Shinmon. Known as the Demolisher and the strongest Fire Force soldier there is, as well as possessing both second and third generation pyrokinetic abilities, Benimaru was at first opposed to the group but decided to let them investigate. While out and about, Captain Shinmon thought he saw Captain Obi and Lieutenant Hinawa saying that they were going to turn everyone into Infernals. This greatly angered Captain Shinmon and he found the real Special Fire Force unit 8, and challenged them to battle. It ended up being Captain Obi against Captain Shinmon with Captain Obi about to be taken out before Konro, another man in Shinmon’s unit, intervened. Everyone was taken back to where they were and Captain Shinmon said for them to stay put as he went out to investigate. Shinra had a heart to heart with Konro, telling Konro not to give up on his life. Konro had previously been burned badly after overheating fighting one of the demons that attacked Asakusa in the past, all to protect Captain Shinmon. As Captain Shinmon was investigating, he found that the people of Asakusa were arguing with each other. Just then Infernals started popping up as The Knights of The Ashen Flame made their move, turning the citizens into Infernals. Maki was also almost sniped dead by the sniper for The Knights of The Ashen Flame, but survived by using her abilities (I would have been like “NOOO, YOU BUTTS!” if she died there, xD). The sniper and Haran fought against Shinra and Arthur for a bit until Haran of The Knights of The Ashen Flame ate an Infernal insect and became a demon Infernal. Captain Shinmon showed up and fought against him, after rallying the people and telling them to beat each other up since they couldn’t tell who is who. Captain Shinmon took the demon to the air and the sniper used this chance to try and defeat Captain Shinmon. As Konro fell he shouted out for Shinra, and Shinra heard the call for help. Shinra rushed into the air using his ability and fought against the arrow heading for Captain Shinmon. He managed to deflect it, and Captain Shinmon defeated demon Haran, putting him to rest. The sniper and others of The Knights of The Ashen Flame retreated. After repairs were worked on to the city, Captain Shinmon and Captain Obi shared Japanese Sake for mutual goodwill and promised to help each other if ever in need again. During this time it was found out that Shinra possesses an Adolla Link, and the Evangelist, who happens to be Sho and Shinra’s brother, said he wants it. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Up next on Fire Force, episode fifteen. The Blacksmith’s Dream.

I have just watched the latest fruits basket ep (23rd) and ohmygod it was SO GOOD 🥺 💗
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm swimming in my feels rn, especially about Kyo and Thoru!!

Back