• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I am super curious about this since this is like the only sports I know the rules for before watching the anime for it.

I'm hoping it's closer to the Haikyuu/Run with the Wind end of sports anime and not the Prince of Tennis end.

I’m still chugging my way through the plan to watch list. To keep things interesting, I’ve also started watching some newer series.

Aggretsuko season 3: It’s about on par with the first two seasons. Nothing too exciting has happened yet, but the series’ trademark humor has held my interest.

Oresuki: The animation leaves a lot to be desired. I didn’t expect the first episode to have a plot twist though.

Love, Chuniibyou, and Other Delusions: This show was a lot more heartwarming than I anticipated! I’m definitely looking forward to watching more.

Watched Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season episode 12 and it was disheartening to see what Subaru had to go through for the second trial and the ending left a lot to be desired, will be waiting anticipatedly for episode 13 next week.

There are many good and enjoyable animes this season and my top 5 animes this season:
1. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan
2. Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of the Underworld Part 2
3. Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!
4. Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei ****e Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou.
5. Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

The honorary mention goes to Deca-Dence. I had to choose 5 top animes and could not fit Deca-Dence but definitely one of the animes to watch this season.

The Fall 2020 season starts next week and I can't wait to watch these two animes:
1. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen (The second season of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei). Been waiting for forever for it to get a second season even though getting a movie in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Movie: Hoshi wo Yobu Shoujo helped ease the wait a little.
2. Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III (The third season of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka). More of Bell Cranel please.

Started watching Deka-Dense on @Xeleron suggestion. It looks good so far, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it just as soon as I figure out how to make subtitles work lol.

I’ve finished the Promised Neverland not too long ago. I figured that I’m extremely late to the party but I do have to say that it’s very well made for only having 12 episodes. It’s one of those animes that just has tension growing and growing until it finally explodes. It’s not your typical horror anime and I like that. I’ve been reading the manga because the story seemed so interesting and I’m hooked. Also, Ray needs more love and Phil is best boy.

Finished up Balance Unlimited and overall I thought it was an enjoyable anime. I'd give it an 8/10 only because with 11 episodes the pacing felt a little quick. I hope they do come back with a second season down the road.

Finished Balance Unlimited as well 😎 (aka Fugou Keiji/The Millionaire Detective)

Pros:
- Interesting concept: A detective with "unlimited" money which he uses to his advantage for cases, while his partner doesn't like so much spending and lives a more practical life
- Awesome soundtrack, opening/end themes, and animation. I'd put the opening in my top 5 favorites ever!
- Chemistry between characters is great 🤗
- Characters are in their 20's/30's (most anime is centered around high school)

Cons:
- Story pacing could have been better, but I understand that 11 episodes can be difficult to work with as compared to 24 episodes. I think I would have preferred if they handled more detective cases instead of branching into a main case halfway through due to this.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in a different thread but decided to bring it up here too:

Haikyuu! S4 part 2 will be streaming in 2 days- October 2, 2020 (i am not caught up lol so i'll be watching pt1&2 at the same time). You can watch it on crunchyroll (or vrv if you have it- i'm poor so i sure don't).

Hanyou no Yashahime, the sequel series to InuYasha following Sesshomaru's twin daughters and InuYasha & Kagome's daughter Moroha, will begin airing in 3 days- October 3, 2020. Sub streams will be available release day through funimation's streaming service. Funimation is partnering with Viz Media for the foreseeable future, which puts the studio who will dub Yashahime up in the air. (Ocean did the original InuYasha dub & the dub for Final Act but the funimation partnership has people speculating funimation might dub it themselves.) I don't LOVE funi as a company but i'm still going to watch & support the subbed releases on their site.

oh and i forgot this gem too-
the Hypnosis Microphone anime is also coming out on October 2nd! I'm interested to see if this will bring a big new wave of fans into hypmic. & it will be interesting (i didn't read the manga/listen to the drama cds) to see what actually caused the fallout between TDD... this is also gonna be streaming on funi's site.

there's going to be a lot to watch next week!

Nice to see all the love for Balance Unlimited on the forums! I'm a few episodes in and trying to pace myself since its only 11 episodes and I really like the style so I wouldn't know what to watch after it

I started rewatching Revolutionary Girl Utena, and it's still so good, I felt so nostalgic when Rinbu Revolution started playing on the DVD menu haha

After that I'm planning to watch Gundam Wing at some point, I've heard good things about it.

I'm a huge fan of Death Note (both anime and manga). It's so nostalgic because when I was in my emo phase, I was SOOO into it. My old friend, Beth, got me into it biiiiiiiiiiiig time. I remember just watching it constantly, relishing in every moment I watched it. I loved Light as an anti-hero. Mello and Ryuk are my favourite characters by far :p
Im watching it now and Ryuk is amazing his personality is so much like mine hes hilarious and L is my other favorite because he has very unsettling vibes

Black Clover S3E42-43

Well, I’m really late, but after everyone’s previously awesome posts about the anime they’re watching, here’s my shameless Black Clover plug.

Yhn3A2s.gif

Watched episodes 144-145 of Black Clover!

Finral and Captain Yami met with and talked to Dazu of the Devil Banishers, not knowing she was with them. She left. Meanwhile, the group tried to close in on them, but the Devil Banishers got one over on them by attaching the tracking device to a crow. The Captains of the Magic Knight squads had a meeting to determine their course of action. They heard that the Devil Banishers would execute Marie and Nero/Secre, and moved to stop this together. Asta showed himself, and saved Marie (with Yuno’s help), but the Devil Banishers got away with Nero/Secre and Asta’s grimoire. Just as Lord Julius and the Magic Knights were deciding what to do next, they got an urgent message from Kabwe of the Devil Banishers. It turns out they were actually Devil Worshippers and were trying to gain control of the devil powers for themselves. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Still haven’t made it further into season two of Fire Force, but I’ll post here with an update once I do.​

I mentioned this in a different thread but decided to bring it up here too:

Haikyuu! S4 part 2 will be streaming in 2 days- October 2, 2020 (i am not caught up lol so i'll be watching pt1&2 at the same time). You can watch it on crunchyroll (or vrv if you have it- i'm poor so i sure don't).
Completely forgot this was starting back up again in October! Happy to have the boys back. Didn’t watch much during the summer, but have a few on the fall list. Here’s what I have on my radar:
  • Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen - your seasonal dose of a ridiculously overpowered character
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - didn’t watch the original. Any thoughts here? Want to give the psychological genre some eyes
  • Kamisama ni Natta Hi - Jun Maeda is doing the music, so I cannot say no
  • Yuukoku no Moriarty - not a lot of good mystery shows and this one is an interesting take. Have read some of the manga already
  • Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Bloom - love this series. It will make you feel like a marshmallow
  • Taisou Zamurai - don’t know much about this one. Powerhouse VA cast and the style/story look interesting
  • Ochikobore Fruit Tart - not your average idol story

I've been checking out the upcoming fall season and decided to give Jujutsu Kaisen a try since the first episode was available on VRV today. It's still too early to make any definitive opinions but I'll say that it's interesting so far.

I'm also interested in checking out Noblesse and Yuukoku no Moriarty if/when they become available.

Watched episodes one through five of season two of Fire Force!

Shinra goes out shopping with the girls when a giant Infernal attacks. All of Special Fire Force unit 8 bands together and defeats it. In the second episode, Shinra meets with the Special Fire Force unit 4 to learn more about the Adolla Burst and the Evangelist. While there, Shinra is possessed by a mysterious blonde girl from the other world, and goes berserk. Arthur has to show up and take him down for the time being so that he can snap out of it. While possessed, Shinra learns that a new pillar, or person with an Adolla Burst, is about to be born. The fifth person to have such an ability, and thus the fifth pillar. Meanwhile, Inca is a girl who can smell fires before they happen using her abilities. Her and two other guys take advantage of this and rescue people from burning homes at the cost of their valuables or money. A ton of fires suddenly break out in the city they’re in, and the Evangelist’s forces and Charon and Haumea are there too. Special Fire Force unit 8 arrives on the scene and begins taking out the Infernals. Meanwhile, Charon finds Inca and kills one of her friends easily. Charon says to come with him, but she doesn’t want to. She runs away and figures out her fire manipulation ability. She can control lines of fire and use them to hurt enemies by drawing them. Shinra shows up and hits Charon, who seems to take no damage. From there it’s a fight between Shinra and Charon to see who will recruit Inca, the fifth pillar, into their ranks. Charon seems to take no damage from Shinra’s attacks, and dishes out massive damage to Shinra. Meanwhile, Arthur finds Haumea with the other‘s help and begins distracting her from sending out orders with his plasma sword, Excalibur. On the ground, as soon as it seems things are getting under control, a new one-horned Demon Infernal appears. Viktor Licht comes up with a plan and everyone creates a firestorm in the center of the city. They then have Captain Obi shoot the Demon Infernal into the firestorm, Lieutenant Karim of the first freezes it, and the problem is dealt with. During this time Shinra remembers the rock n’ roll hand position, or Corna, which causes explosions when he uses it. He manages to time it just right on Charon when Charon goes for a counter, and sends Charon flying. Charon comes back and hits Shinra though. With Inca on the verge of being taken away by the Evangelist’s men, will Shinra be able to get through to her? Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Up next on Fire Force, season two episode six. The Time to Choose.

I’ll just spark again~​

Anything good come out this year? The Promised Neverland was the only thing I enjoyed from last year. I want to start something new.

Back