• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

finally got around to watching promare and it was pretty good.

the plot was good even though i kinda saw it coming, the character designs and artstyle have the quality you'd expect from trigger (pretty surprised with how nice the cgi looked), and there were a lot of nods to kill la kill and gurren lagann which was cool. the first half was kinda all over the place but wow that final act was one of the craziest ive seen in a while and it was very satisfying. if you havent watched it yet id recommend it 100%.

I’m glad you enjoyed it. I watched it awhile ago and thought it was really good. I need to watch it again at some point, lol.

—-

Well, I‘m all caught up on Fire Force and Black Clover, so I’m going to be starting something different soon. Originally I planned to watch all of Pokémon, but I reconsidered because that seems like a hassle. I’ve been recommended Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic by multiple people now, so I‘m going to watch that next. Looking forward to watching it. :)

Well, I‘m all caught up on Fire Force and Black Clover, so I’m going to be starting something different soon.

I am trying to wait out the entirety of Fire Force being aired before I watch it because I finished the entire first season in a day, but it is becoming a struggle to resist hahahaha.

I am trying to wait out the entirety of Fire Force being aired before I watch it because I finished the entire first season in a day, but it is becoming a struggle to resist hahahaha.

I get what you mean. If it isn’t obvious by now I move at a snail’s pace when watching anime compared to others, xD. That’s okay though. Fire Force is really good, so I understand the struggle. I won’t spoil anything, but I will say season two starts getting pretty good about midway through. :)

If it isn’t obvious by now I move at a snail’s pace when watching anime compared to others, xD.
I only binge and nothing else haha. I will go months without watching anything and then finish 2 shows within a week. I'm far too impatient to watch for new episodes, but also because I'm scared I'm going to lose interest and forget about it if I just leave it halfway watched D:

This isn't really anime but I feel like it fits enough. I've been reading the Noragami manga and it's just so fun. I watched the anime and loved it but sadly there are only 2 seasons with lots of content in the manga. It's the first time I actually read manga from continuing from an anime and it's really cool. I hope one day it'll get more seasons but for now, reading will have to do!

I've gotten back into the new Sailor Moon Viz dub of the classic 90's anime. I've watched all of the original dub in the past and I love how more true to the original the new dub is.

Also while I haven't watched them in recent weeks I've been into Hunter X Hunter and Black Clover over the last few months.

I've gotten back into the new Sailor Moon Viz dub of the classic 90's anime. I've watched all of the original dub in the past and I love how more true to the original the new dub is.

Also while I haven't watched them in recent weeks I've been into Hunter X Hunter and Black Clover over the last few months.
I've never watched any version of Sailor Moon but I did watch the Nelvana Cardcaptors and watching that compared to the original is a hoot lol. It was enjoyable, don't get me wrong but there are so many issues with it.

I finally started Yashahime and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I had anticipated! I'm still kind of iffy on the way certain things are playing out
maybe it's just me but if my daughter's potential child suddenly showed up on my doorstep I would keep her at my place instead of sending her off to live with my other child in his apartment which already houses his family of four... I mean obviously it's an excuse to keep the three main girls together but it just struck me as weird. I also wasn't thrilled that Kikyo appeared to be returning (that poor woman just needs to rest in peace asdkkssks) but supposedly the preview for tomorrow's episode says it's the tree just taking on her form. So okay, I guess.
I LOVE Moroha though. She's the perfect blend of her parents and is such a scene stealer. Really I like all the girls but Moroha is so much fun to watch. Overall it's been really nostalgic to revisit the Inuyasha world, I'm definitely gonna have to reread the manga like I had intended to.

Iwakakeru -Sport Climbing Girls-

Episode 2 - It was fine. Better than the first episode

I started paying attention to the clips. There was some back clipping but unless you know what it looks like you won't be able to tell. Back clipping is bad and it's how the rope can slip out of the clips and you can have a ground fall as a result.

Competition format is weird. It might be cause it's a high school competition but you don't watch your competitors climb before you do because it gives you the advantage of seeing beta. But they need to have conflict

The main character falling because she has no strength. That's realistic. I lose my grip strength before losing energy.

Episode 3 - This is the worst episode by far. TW: Fat shaming

The first 5 minutes is just fat shaming the main character that has sterotypical anime girl proportions. Already off to a bad start because people of all size and weight have climbed at my gym. Having a high strength to weight ratio is important for pro climbers and people who take climbing very seriously. For the average climber it's not that important.

They are trying to say that she needs to build muscle but that's not the most important thing. Because it's an anime, they aren't going to talk about tendon and liagment injuries and a character probably won't suffer from them.

Climbing a V6 outdoors as a newbie is not realistic. She shouldn't be able to any of the moves. You definately need strength and techique at that level and she has neither.

I've started watching Kaguya-sama after a friend recommended it to me. So far the show has exceeded all of my expectations! The comedy is well-timed while still keeping the charm that makes romcom anime like this work.

finished darling in the franxx. cried a little.
Post automatically merged:

I finally started Yashahime and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I had anticipated! I'm still kind of iffy on the way certain things are playing out
maybe it's just me but if my daughter's potential child suddenly showed up on my doorstep I would keep her at my place instead of sending her off to live with my other child in his apartment which already houses his family of four... I mean obviously it's an excuse to keep the three main girls together but it just struck me as weird. I also wasn't thrilled that Kikyo appeared to be returning (that poor woman just needs to rest in peace asdkkssks) but supposedly the preview for tomorrow's episode says it's the tree just taking on her form. So okay, I guess.
I LOVE Moroha though. She's the perfect blend of her parents and is such a scene stealer. Really I like all the girls but Moroha is so much fun to watch. Overall it's been really nostalgic to revisit the Inuyasha world, I'm definitely gonna have to reread the manga like I had intended to.
keeping up with this show too! I have so many questions I can't wait to see how they are answered.

Finally finished Great Pretender and, whew, that show sure is something. I love it though, can't wait to see part two.

I was watching FMAB and took a little detour because I didn't know Inuyasha had a 'Final Act' Season. I read someone's comment under a YouTube video reviewing Yashahime episode 1. Felt stupid realizing the ending I saw wasn't the real one. 😅

The real, real ending is way better and Yashahime episode 1 makes more sense now.

So Naraku and all of his incarcerations were finally defeated.The final act was so much better, that it raised my initial opinions of inuyasha. The story was stronger, imo. And there were a lot of legit sad moments that made me tear up, one of them was when Kagura died.

On a side note: FMAB is awesome! 🤩 It is the anime I've been searching for my entire life. It tackles so many philosophical points and I drew many parallels between this and reality as it deals with politics, religion and human nature. It made me question a lot. And I love, love this anime. Hoping to finish it soon. 😍

never realized dorohedoro was on netflix so I've been watching it since last night, the combination of gore and weird dark comedy works pretty well and the cgi is a lot better than the last cg anime I watched, really enjoying it so far

So I finally finished Children of the Whales a few days ago, but am just now getting around to posting due to all the Halloween activity. It was a really beautiful anime. I loved the art and the story and would like to see more if they ever make a second season.

I've started watching Brave 10 now and I'm currently just 2 episodes in. I'm enjoying it so far but it does seem to move a bit fast and has already skipped a battle that I would have liked to see more of. I think it'll be pretty good and fun, though.

Black Clover S3E46-48

It’s been awhile since I’ve watched much anime, but I’ve caught up with where Black Clover is at!

Yhn3A2s.gif

(I still love this gif, lol)

Watched episodes 148 through 150 of Black Clover!

Magna and Captain Yami (as well as the other Magic Knights) confronted the Devil Believers and took on a giant magical beast in order to prove that they wanted to help out and protect the people that the Devil Believers had gathered. After Captain William Vangeance of the Golden Dawn Magic Knights squad showed up and pleaded with the people, everyone except for the Devil Believers left and went home. The Devil Believers were exiled from the Clover Kingdom. In the following episode, Asta and others had to help Queen Loropechika find her glasses so she could see, only to find out that the Spirit Guardian brought a bunch of cases of new ones for her. Meanwhile, Nero/Secre was shown a book by Wizard King Julius Novachrono, and he figured out her true identity. He reminded her a lot of the first Wizard King. Wizard King Julius Novachrono commented that he sent the blueprints for a magic item that would help end discrimination in the Clover Kingdom to the Magic Item Research Lab, and Nero/Secre commented that maybe there’s hope for the Clover Kingdom after all. In the most recent episode back at the Black Bulls base, Grey asked for help from Noelle with overcoming her fear of being seen by others in her true form. Gordon tried to help too, but to no avail. Finally, Gauche helped out and said something that eased her anxiety, namely that it doesn’t matter if she transforms or not in battle, she’s still always Grey. Meanwhile, Captain Charlotte of the Blue Rose Magic Knights trained the Magic Knights under her hard in order to prepare them for the upcoming battle with the Spade Kingdom and the Devil Megicula. She was going to propose a joint training session between the Blue Rose Magic Knights and the Black Bull Magic Knights, but ran away when Captain Yami got close to her (to which Captain Yami commented it was breaking his fragile heart). The Wizard King Julius Novachrono found out about this, and decided it was time for a Magic Knights battle between the Captains of each squad. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

I still have three episodes of Fire Force season two to catch up on, but once I do I’ll post a recap here! :)

(Not to mention I need to start the Magi series 😖)​

I absolutley love AOT, Tokyo Ghoul, Gunslinger Girl and Space Dandy! :D

Omg, I love Attack on Titan and Space Dandy as well! I actually haven’t seen many people online talk about Space Dandy, so it’s nice to see someone else that likes it. :)

Omg, I love Attack on Titan and Space Dandy as well! I actually haven’t seen many people online talk about Space Dandy, so it’s nice to see someone else that likes it. :)
Oh yes, I found out about Space Dandy because I got obsessed with Ian Sinclair, his English VA :D When I first saw AOT I was watching it with my friend's then boyfriend, and I thought, 'wow, this is a stupid and weird show'. I then watched the 2nd episode and I was hooked. I don't read the manga, but I know what goes on, so I won't spoil it for you, but I don't like the direction it's gone in. I love AOT: Junior High, if you've not seen it, it's well worth it. It basically takes everything that annoys me about AOT and rips it to pieces :'D My favourite episode is episode 5 :D

Back