• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Oh yes, I found out about Space Dandy because I got obsessed with Ian Sinclair, his English VA :D When I first saw AOT I was watching it with my friend's then boyfriend, and I thought, 'wow, this is a stupid and weird show'. I then watched the 2nd episode and I was hooked. I don't read the manga, but I know what goes on, so I won't spoil it for you, but I don't like the direction it's gone in. I love AOT: Junior High, if you've not seen it, it's well worth it. It basically takes everything that annoys me about AOT and rips it to pieces :'D My favourite episode is episode 5 :D

Huh. I haven’t heard about AOT: Junior High, but I’ll check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

I am currently waiting for the next dubbed episodes of fruits basket. I tried watching the subs but Tohru's English VA is just too adorable and sweet, it made watching the sub hard for me. I have a terrible memory so I hope the episodes come out soon enough.

i want to try fruits basket someday!!! it's not high priority for me but i'll get around to it eventually........ even if it takes a few years like everything on my watch list

i finished the first season of saiki k today! i ended up giving it a 7. i think saiki himself really is the best character in the show! my second pick would probs be teruhashi cuz i usually like obnoxious pompous characters. it's not the best i've ever seen and some of the jokes were serious misses but i still thought it was good overall. i don't think i'll be watching the 2nd season cuz it doesn't interest me enough but maybe one day far in the future i'll suddenly be in the mood...

i don't consider comedy to be my favorite anime genre (i don't even have a favorite atm) but i find myself liking a lot more comedy anime than i'd expect.... i'm not sure why! i've only run into a few i really hated so far, i guess i've just been lucky? XD

i ALSO finished love, chunibyo, & other delusions recently. i wasn't expecting to like it but i wanted to try anyways cuz rikka seemed like a silly character. unfortunately i did not enjoy it and gave it a 4 :( rikka WAS a funny character but the show kinda stunk to watch, the main character was really uninteresting and the romance between him and rikka was genuinely embarrassing to sit through a lot of the time. it shares the same problem the other kyoani shows i've seen have, which is "moe in a way that appeals to gross weebs" :/

i think this was the one "moe" scene that i actually enjoyed and it was FUNNY and CHARMING and i wish the rest of the show had the same effect on me!
not the worst thing i've seen but not good either imo!

Fire Force S2E17-19

Watched the three most recent episodes of Fire Force!

Nataku Son in the giant Infernal body was going berserk. Shinra tried to calm him down, but to no avail. Then the radiation levels spiked and Charon had to step in and send the energy blast Nataku Son sent at everyone back into the moon. Kurono swiftly defeated Nataku Son in this form and told him (in his own way) that it’s okay to be weak sometimes. It seems like Nataku Son had experienced much past trauma with his family and then Rekka, so the Evangelist’s forces decided to leave him with Haijima Industries and retreated. In the second to most recent episode, Shinra accompanied Sister Iris to a place to have their weapons baptized, and while there one of the priests turned into an Infernal. Shinra took him out along with the Sister’s prayer, and then said some profound words to Sister Iris later that made her happy and cry. In the second part of the episode, the Evangelist‘s forces sent Assault the Slaughterer to take care of Tamaki, but Assault was defeated by her lucky lechery. Assault trained himself as much as he could, but could not defeat her. In the most recent episode, Maki Oze was called back to the military, even though she liked being with the Special Fire Force unit 8. The 8th then received word that they would be doing a joint operation of the Nether and The Knights of The Ashen Flame’s laboratories with the 2nd and the military (this time without Maki). Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

The volume premiere of volume eight for RWBY is out, so that‘s what I’ll be watching next. Might actually put the Magi series off for a bit and just watch weekly episodes of Black Clover, Fire Force, and RWBY. Until next time. See ya!​

Just finished Death Parade. Such a cool concept, and while I didn't really appreciate it here I do love it when a season properly concludes.
Loved the Death Note easter egg, it was quite funny,

I saw the trailer for season 2 of Beastars the other day and I'm really excited for it.

@Midoriya I saw your comment in the music thread about maybe watching Jujutsu Kaisen and, at this point, I would recommend it. I've been keeping up with it and it's only got about 5 or 6 episodes so far, but it's got some fun and interesting characters. It remains to be seen how it turns out but I'm enjoying it.

I saw the trailer for season 2 of Beastars the other day and I'm really excited for it.

@Midoriya I saw your comment in the music thread about maybe watching Jujutsu Kaisen and, at this point, I would recommend it. I've been keeping up with it and it's only got about 5 or 6 episodes so far, but it's got some fun and interesting characters. It remains to be seen how it turns out but I'm enjoying it.

I’m definitely interested in watching it. I’ll probably start it instead of the Magi series when I start a new anime. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Black Clover S3E49

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 151, released earlier!

This episode featured a battle between all of the Magic Knights Captains (excluding Rill of the Aqua Deer Magic Knights) in which they had to work together to destroy the other team’s crystal. At first it seemed like the team with Captain William Vangeance on it would win, but the battle ended in a draw because Captain Yami’s Equinox slash ended up slicing both of the crystals in half at the same time. The battle was finished, and it was able to raise the morale of the Magic Knights. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Up next I need to watch the first episode of volume eight for RWBY still, and then I’ll start the new series Jujutsu Kaisen. Until next time. See ya!​

I want to try Danganronpa but I’m not really sure I haven’t seen any other anime’s recently

If you know Danganronpa the "remade" is fine and the 3 anime is interesting but different.

If you're new to Danganronpa, you're basically getting the 5 hours version of a 24 hours story.

Play the games, they're currently on sale and are really good pacingwise. (y)

I'm totally hype for the Shaman King Remake that is scheduled to come in April 2021. Just found this trailer a few minutes ago and I had to share this video here. The artwork look so good here. :0 Can't wait to watch this when it comes out. Maybe I should read the manga while waiting. I heard that this version would be more faithful towards the manga version. Though... I already have a lot of WebToons to read as it is.

I've seen the first episode of Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon in the English Dub. Really happy that they were able to bring back Kelly Sheridan to voice Sango. She's actually one of my favorite voice actresses. It would have been disheartening for me if they couldn't get her, but I would kind of understand if they didn't want to bring her back. Like maybe they would have wanted to go in a new direction or something. I don't really have much of an opinion with the first episode. But... I am pretty excited to see the rest of the episodes in the English Dub.

Denki-gai no Honya-san is an anime that I picked back up for some reason. I'm not sure why I've placed that on-hold and didn't finish watching it. In any case... I was able to watch six episodes out of the twelve episodes of the anime. I probably would be able to finish the anime today unless I get too lazy to watch it to do so. The anime is alright for what it is and can be pretty enjoyable to watch if you choose to do that.

Watched the volume premiere of RWBY! I know RWBY isn’t technically considered to be anime, but since it’s close enough + I covered volume seven here last year, I thought I would do the same with volume eight.

Trailer:

🔦 RWBY 🔦

Volume Eight, Episode One

We pick up where we left off with Qrow being taken into Atlesian custody, team RWBY and the others lost as what to do, Cinder Fall giving Salem the Relic of Knowledge, and General Ironwood going through strict measures that team RWBY doesn’t agree with. Team RWBY, Jaune, Nora, Ren, Oscar/Ozpin, and some others meet up and decide what to do next. They ultimately agree that they should split into two groups while still being united, with one group working to launch the unfinished Amity Communications Tower, and another group working to evacuate the people of Mantle so they can protect them. With the heroes divided and more villains and Grimm than ever to deal with, how will the rest of the volume play out? Stay tuned to find out! Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Up next I’ll be starting the new 2020 series Jujutsu Kaisen. Looking forward to it. Until next time. See ya!​

@Ryumia I am so excited for the remake of Shaman King as well! I have such fond memories watching it on Fox/4Kids on Saturday mornings with my sister. It was such a cool show, but I sadly never really got any continuality out of it because it wasn't the thing I was most interested in that aired those mornings. I definitely want to follow it so that I can fill in those gaps I have from seeing episodes way out of order and all over the place. xD

@Ryumia I definitely remember seeing bits and pieces of episodes of Shaman King when I was younger, though I wasn’t interested in anime at the time so I never watched it. I would definitely be interested in watching this remake though. Looking forward to when it airs.

Fire Force S2E20

Watched the most recent episode of Fire Force!

Shinra, Arthur, and the rest of the 8th were split into groups with the 2nd to raid the Nether and discover what’s going on in secret there. Once inside and once soldiers started falling, Ritsu used her abilities to make the fallen soldiers attack the others inside. Platoon Leader Hajiki, who was with Juggernaut and Tamaki, took out an entire army of Infernals on his own thanks to his thermal scope ability through his eyes. Then they encountered one of the elite in The Knights of The Purple Haze who controls whips made of fire. Although Hajiki could see her attack coming, he couldn’t avoid it, and so he died immediately. Juggernaut and Tamaki were terrified by this. Tamaki then put up a fight, but got pinned down by the woman from The Knights of The Purple Haze. Juggernaut knew what he had to do and used his abilities to overcome her powers and blow her up. Just what other enemies await our heroes in the Nether? Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Im thinking about finishing up Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume’s Book of Friends) again since I stopped watching a couple episodes because I suck really bad at trying to finish shows. The anime is very warm and wholesome, but it’s also bittersweet and depressing at times so idk if I mentally want to do that to myself >.>

RWBY V8E2

Watched the most recent episode of RWBY!

We saw Qrow, Arthur, Robyn, and Jacques Schnee in Atlas prison being contained for now. Amongst their bickering, Arthur Watts was taken by some guards somewhere else. Meanwhile, Ruby, Weiss, Penny, Blake, and others worked on their mission. Penny was having doubts about having become one of the maidens, but Ruby reassured her of herself. At the same time, Yang, Ren, Oscar/Ozpin, and Jaune worked on evacuating people from Mantle into the crater. While cleaning up an area, three more Grimm ran at them, but then ran away. A violent, sentient Grimm jumped onto Oscar/Ozpin and weakened him. Yang, Ren, and Jaune tried to get him back, but to no avail. The Grimm then grew wings and began to fly away with Oscar/Ozpin. The three followed it to try and get him back while still being behind on their mission. Just what will become of Oscar/Ozpin? Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

I started watching RWBY volume 8 today! I only had access to the first episode so I think Crunchyroll must be a week behind VRV, but that's ok. I had to switch back because VRV was far too glitchy on the PS4. I'd rather wait a week and actually be able to watch the episodes all the way through without errors. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Watched the first two episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen!

Itadori is a normal high school boy who has tremendous physical strength. His grandpa’s last words to him are to help others because of this. One night, while the Occult Club Itadori is a part of is investigating a cursed object without realizing what it actually is, the curse is unleashed and nearly ends up killing the girl and guy Itadori is friends with. Itadori is talked to by Fushiguro, asking where the cursed object’s contents are. The two of them rush to the high school to find the girl and guy almost being completely eaten. While Fushiguro is fighting, Itadori helps him out and delivers a good hit on the monster. As soon as they retrieve the cursed object’s contents, a finger of Ryoumen Sukuna, another curse attacks. In order to save Fushiguro and everyone else, Itadori eats the finger of Sukuna, temporarily gaining immense physical prowess and strength while being controlled by Sukuna. He easily defeats the curse. Fushiguro is shocked at this, and Gojo of Jujutsu Tech shows up to test Itadori and see if he can control the curse of Sukuna, which he can. Itadori is then given two choices. He can die immediately, or he can die after absorbing all of Sukuna’s fingers. Itadori chooses the second option and enrolls at Jujutsu Tech, a high school and organization for fighting the curses. Up next, Itadori, Fushiguro, and Gojo look to pick up another student that is enrolling at Jujutsu Tech. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Up next on Jujutsu Kaisen, episode three. Girl of Steel.

I can only wonder now that I have been cursed, what lies ahead?​

Back