• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

although naruto was coming out when i was a kid, i lost track of what was happening after the chuunin exams & never finished watching the show. i finally made it to shippuden before taking a break for a while & i think my favorite character is Naruto lol
but other than Naruto I really like Kakashi, Gaara (we love a tragic backstory + redemption arc), Rock Lee, Neji, Sakura, and Tsunade. I like Jiraiya, I think a lot of people think he's abusive and that's valid. I get it. But it's like, to Naruto, who is basically like a son to Jiraiya, he's always admire him & see him in the best light & i can really relate to that. idk characters like this remind me of my own father (nixing the pervert stuff. piccolo is another example)
overall the weakest part of the show, like Avatar is the romance.......... if kishimoto had a big brain, different characters would have ended up together, i'm just saying

btw i HOPE someone else in this thread is watching yashahime because on saturday, we're getting a bombshell episode
the girls apparently "dream" about their parents, meaning we may be able to find out what happened to inuyasha & kagome, sesshomaru will make an appearance, & we will see miroku again...! what is happening? will the plot be advanced at all?
yashahime has had a rough start but the seeds of a good plot with interesting drama has been planted. sesshomaru's daughters being asked to kill their father by the kikyo tree is really intriguing- there's one sister who seems to not just be open to doing it, but wouldn't feel bad about it at all & one sister who doesn't seem on board. i wonder what moroha thinks of this. i wonder what moroha's aims are too- seems she knows her father at the very least which begs a lot of questions about why she's in debt, what happened to kagome, and where inuyasha is now...
moroha is the best by the way. she gives big female ranma vibes & i need her to have all of the screentime <3

i wanna talk about haikyuu so far too, but all i have to say is this: miya atsumu, i love you
I've been watching Yashahime but have yet to watch today's episode, but I saw some spoilers on tumblr a couple days ago and from what I understand
they don't really address the girls' parents and what happened to them much at all, so I'm a little disappointed but at this point not surprised lol. I've been enjoying it, but my biggest gripe with the series is that the mysteries are more for the audience and not the characters-- like the characters are just deliberately not mentioning things they know when the "camera" is on them, which isn't a very good way to write a mystery but eh. I'm also not sure how they're going to cover as much ground as they're supposed to with only the twenty couple episodes they have, but we'll see what winds up happening I guess

I've just recently finished the anime called Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth. The first time I came upon this anime the premises of the anime seemed interesting to me. But... The rating of the anime that I saw on MyAnimeList didn't look to good to me at all. I was contemplating on whether or not I should watch it, but in the end I decided to watch the anime since I was thinking it wouldn't be that bad. After watching the anime... It really wasn't all that bad to me, but it wasn't really that good either. The only thing I really actually liked about the anime was the opening song of it. I was surprise how into it I was that I looked on YouTube to see if there was a full version of the song. Usually I skip opening theme songs whenever I watch anime; however, this was one of the songs I never actually skipped over. In all honesty... I would not recommend anyone to watch this anime despite the supposed plot of the anime. Such wasted potential for this anime. Kind of regret watching this one. :T

I was able to watch episode 2 and episode 3 of Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon with the English Dub. After watching them... My opinion about the anime is still much the same. That I really don't have much of an opinion on it. Feels like I need something more than what they've shown so far. I guess I'll wait for more episodes to come out then maybe my opinion on the anime would change. Though... It was really cool to see Hisui using the hiraikotsu and fighting alongside Kirara. It makes me wonder what happened to Kinu and Gyokuto as well as Sango and Miroku.

I’ve watched Made In Abyss off and on with a friend for a few months. It’s such a beautiful show! The art, the music, the character designs, it’s all so meticulously done. The story isn’t too shabby either!

RWBY V8E3

Watched the most recent episode of RWBY!

Ruby and the others made their way further up Atlas‘s base, but unfortunately were surrounded by the Atlas Ace Operatives. The rest of the group got separated from Penny, and Penny had to fight them on her own as the Winter Maiden. Nora used her semblance to take out the electricity-blocked door, but unfortunately it severely weakened her and left her in critical condition. Ruby, Weiss, and Blake fought against the Ace Operatives with Penny, but the Ace Operatives took one of Penny’s weapons and suspiciously left. Ruby and everyone else met back up with one of the people who was helping them and left the base. It was decided that Penny would be better off elsewhere so that Salem couldn’t get into the vault, so Penny said goodbye to Ruby and others and left. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

I'm a huge fan of Death Note (both anime and manga). It's so nostalgic because when I was in my emo phase, I was SOOO into it. My old friend, Beth, got me into it biiiiiiiiiiiig time. I remember just watching it constantly, relishing in every moment I watched it. I loved Light as an anti-hero. Mello and Ryuk are my favourite characters by far :p
OMG the opening song to Death Note is fantastic. It's one of my favorites, too and I could totally rewatch it over and over.

I watched the first part of Haganai on the weekend and I don't know how to feel about it. But at least now I know the girl with the butterfly isn't from some really weird anime (well it is but) that's not like racist or something. That's the only reason I watched it when I saw it appear on Netflix, I do like the slice of life portion of the story... but it's so weird. I wish it had more like obsessing over visual novels and less, uh, Rika I guess.

Watched episodes six through eight of Jujutsu Kaisen and caught up with where the series is at!

We found out that Itadori is still technically alive, albeit inside his body with Sukuna. Sukuna decided he wanted to make a contract with Itadori for his body, but they disagreed on the terms. Sukuna said if Itadori kills him then he would agree to Itadori’s conditions, and if Sukuna kills Itadori, Itadori must agree to Sukuna’s conditions. Itadori agreed and while he was still talking got easily killed by Sukuna. Itadori came back to life, now under contract with Sukuna. He reunited with Gojo and it was instructed that Itadori remain as “dead” on the records. Itadori was then taught about cursed energy and cursed techniques by Gojo, and was instructed to watch a bunch of movies so that he could control his output of emotions in order to become stronger as a Jujutsu Sorcerer. Next, Gojo was being driven to a meeting with the principal when Jogo, a highly powerful special-grade curse attacked. Gojo dodged his attacks easily and could not be hit due to the Infinity ability. He then laid the smack down on Jogo, and then grabbed Itadori and came back so Itadori could watch the fight. Jogo unleashed his Domain Expansion in order to try and win, but Gojo unleashed his own Domain Expansion, Unlimited Void, in order to easily decapitate the curse. Unfortunately, an ally came by, grabbed Jogo’s head, and fled back to Suguru Geto and Mahito, who are other highly powerful curses. There was also some funny references to other anime in these episodes as well as my favorite Juju Stroll comedy bit so far where the villains play soccer with Jogo’s head. In the most recent episode, Fushiguro and Kugisaki were approached by students from the Kyoto School, Toudou and Mai. Toudou immediately deemed Fushiguro as a boring person and began attacking him. At the same time, Mai restrained Kugisaki so she couldn’t interfere. The second-years from Jujutsu Tech had to intervene in order to break up the fight, and said to save it for the Sister Schools Exchange Event. Meanwhile, Itadori was seen with an interesting man about to enter an area where a curse had been... definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

wR1STk9.jpg

qnPaIGM.jpg

I watched the first part of Haganai on the weekend and I don't know how to feel about it. But at least now I know the girl with the butterfly isn't from some really weird anime (well it is but) that's not like racist or something. That's the only reason I watched it when I saw it appear on Netflix, I do like the slice of life portion of the story... but it's so weird. I wish it had more like obsessing over visual novels and less, uh, Rika I guess.
I watched Haganai a couple of years back and I thought it was awesome back then. It's one of those anime where you don't have to take the story seriously and just enjoy the wackiness. I do agree it has some pretty weird scenes though lol. I guess it's not an anime just for everyone, even if you like the genre. Also, there isn't a true conclusion to the anime series in the second season so be warned if you mind endings like that.

I’m caught up with all of the shows I’ve been watching, so I decided to start the OG Naruto tonight. Normally I would never think of starting a series this long, but I decided why the heck not and went for it. Started at the very beginning and have finished three episodes so far. It’s definitely interesting, and I’m curious about where the series goes from here. There’s a lot of... humor... in the beginning, but I know there will be more action as I watch more of the series. I won’t be recapping any of the series here like I do other shows because frankly that would get really repetitive and annoying, and also take up too much time. I will mention when I finish a season of the show though, as well as a couple of my thoughts about said season.

Also, watch me take literally forever to finish this series and Naruto Shippuden. 😂 🤣

I’m caught up with all of the shows I’ve been watching, so I decided to start the OG Naruto tonight. Normally I would never think of starting a series this long, but I decided why the heck not and went for it.

Also, watch me take literally forever to finish this series and Naruto Shippuden. 😂 🤣
A brave decision. Good luck on your journey. While it's not as long I think I would also like to finish a long anime like Gintama at some point. Don't force yourself and have fun ^^

I’m caught up with all of the shows I’ve been watching, so I decided to start the OG Naruto tonight. Normally I would never think of starting a series this long, but I decided why the heck not and went for it. Started at the very beginning and have finished three episodes so far. It’s definitely interesting, and I’m curious about where the series goes from here. There’s a lot of... humor... in the beginning, but I know there will be more action as I watch more of the series. I won’t be recapping any of the series here like I do other shows because frankly that would get really repetitive and annoying, and also take up too much time. I will mention when I finish a season of the show though, as well as a couple of my thoughts about said season.

I started watching naruto a couple months ago and I totally binged it, i'm on season 5 rn. I'll probably slow down because season 5 is very long and all about one big thing, but I've liked it quite a bit. As for the... humor... it's really only like that with a couple of the filler episodes. It gets a lot better especially when the action starts. Anyway, I hope you like it. P.S: I really can't wait to get past 3 seasons of filler and get to Shippuden as well! C:

Black Clover S3E51

An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 153, released earlier!

The Magic Knights Squad Captains meeting was held, and each of the Magic Knights Squad Captains nominated who would get to train with the Heart Kingdom. From the Black Bulls, Asta, Nero, Noelle, Luck, and Finral were nominated. Then the Magic Knights Decoration Ceremony was held, and Yuno got promoted to 1st Class Senior Magic Knight, which is the rank right under the Vice Captain and Magic Knight Captain. At the insistence of the King of the Clover Kingdom, Sekke Bronzazza was also nominated to the same rank, even though he hadn’t done much other than protect the King. Back at the Black Bulls base, Magna pleaded that he be allowed to train at the Heart Kingdom as well, otherwise he felt like he would get left behind by Luck, his rival. Everyone got excited to train with the Spirit Guardians of the Heart Kingdom with the impending war with the Spade Kingdom drawing closer... definitely looking forward to the next episode and the conclusion of season three of Black Clover!

I'd like to know where you think the pacing changes. Anyone else, feel free as well.

I’m on episode ten now of Naruto. Going very slowly, but am making my way through it. Also, new episodes of Fire Force and Jujutsu Kaisen released today, so I’ll get to those in a bit. This is my favorite scene in Naruto so far. I love the use of weapons and strategy in this sequence as it’s truly well thought-out and amazing to watch. :)

That’s when Zabuza knew, he done messed up. X)

Today I watched the fifth and final OAD for That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. It was good to finally wrap that story line up. I wish the episodes hadn't come months apart or that I had waited until they were all available before I started watching them. But, oh well. What's done is done. Now I'm just looking forward to a second season.

Back