• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I’m on episode ten now of Naruto. Going very slowly, but am making my way through it. Also, new episodes of Fire Force and Jujutsu Kaisen released today, so I’ll get to those in a bit. This is my favorite scene in Naruto so far. I love the use of weapons and strategy in this sequence as it’s truly well thought-out and amazing to watch. :)

That’s when Zabuza knew, he done messed up. X)
I forget, is this before they introduce "Bushy Brow"?

Fire Force S2E22

An all new episode of Fire Force season two, episode twenty two, released last Friday!

With the Nether set to explode, the Fire Force soldiers present tried to come up with a plan to stop the explosions and fire. Just then, Maki Oze showed up and used her powers along with her brother in order to prevent the Tokyo Empire from being destroyed. The White Clad retreated for the time being, and the Fire Force 2nd and 8th units got all of their people out of the Nether. It looks like Juggernaut will continue to live as well. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

I’m watching black clover episode 10 before going to sleep. I also started watching how to keep a mummy recently and it’s adorable.
I LOVE How to Keep a Mummy. It's such an adorable and tear-jerkingly wholesome anime. It was just so wholesome!

Currently trying to finish Demon Slayer / Kimetsu no Yaiba... All I have to say, it's so good. Episode 17 after taking a bit of a break from watching... I don't know why I took a break? But it's super good. I loveeee Zenitsu and Inosuke. These are my two favorites so far. I can't wait to meet Mitsuri!

Zenitsu is so quirky and adorable. I'm head over heels in love with this character.

I think after I finish Kimetsu, I'm going to start Jujutsu Kaisen. OR! Maybe the new Love Live anime ^^​

Since I finished rewatching Hunter x Hunter 😭 I'm filling the the void left behind by rewatching OPM because I just need that type of comedy in my life right now.

I've also been thinking about starting up Munou na Nana/Talentless Nana but I'm conflicted because from the PV, it seems like a really dark show but the character look like a mix of Assassination Clasroom+MHA characters combined, I don't know if I'll be able to enjoy it or take it seriously because of that.

I started re-watching Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo a few days ago, and I've been really enjoying picking up on all the symbolic imagery and other subtle details that I missed the first time around. I remember being pretty traumatized the first time I watched it, haha... (I was around 17 at the time, and I wasn't in the best place mentally/emotionally, either.) But now, I'm reveling in every moment of it! Just in case, though, I have a much more light-hearted anime (K-On!!) sitting around, waiting to be finished... 'Cause Gankutsuou gets... pretty dark.

I finished Eizouken a few days ago, it's definitely one of the best 2020 anime I've seen so far!

I also started watching Magia Record again on my quest to finish all the anime I abandoned at the started of the year,, It's a decent show imo, I always loved Madoka Magica's aesthetic. Also, Yachiyo is best girl by a mile.

I finished Eizouken a few days ago, it's definitely one of the best 2020 anime I've seen so far!

I also started watching Magia Record again on my quest to finish all the anime I abandoned at the started of the year,, It's a decent show imo, I always loved Madoka Magica's aesthetic. Also, Yachiyo is best girl by a mile.
I didn't know they'd made Magia Record into an anime! I've been thinking about rewatching PMMM recently and have been getting caught up with everything that's going on with the series, I might have to watch Magic Record once I finish my rewatch.

Finally finished Great Pretender. I didn't like the 4th case but I still enjoyed watching it. I just hate after credits scenes because I almost missed it, and that was like one of the most important scenes.

The stuff I have been watching are: Kamisama Kiss (Season 1), Angel Beats!, Kenka Banchou Otome: Girl Beats Boys, The One Within, If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die, and Digimon Adventure tri. Reunion. I plan to re-watch Kamisama Kiss (Season 2) and finish all of Digimon Adventure tri. Hope to finish these up soon. There's more stuff that I've added on to my anime watch list. Plus... There's some anime that I've place on-hold as well that I kind of need to pick back-up again. It is gonna bug me if I don't finish some of these.

ok i know this about the aot manga but im so shocked by the latest chapter.... im also wondering how they're gonna animate it because it's chaos and madness.

Today I started season 4 of Attack on Titan! I can't wait to see where this season is going and how they are going to wrap things up since it's the final season.

Slow on the anime front, but I've finally caught up with the Light Novel of The Alchemist Who Survived Dreams of a Quiet City Life. Mixed feelings about this one, I like the pacing, but the plot feels a bit... hamfisted. Not bad when you want something for filler, but don't expect anything groundbreaking. I enjoyed Volumes 1 and 2 a fair bit, but imho it gets a little ehhhh when it comes to 3 and 4. Will still read 5 when it comes out in about a week, but that's that.

On the manga front, I've been binge-reading a lot of random shoujo webtoon stuff. Most are kinda boring, but a few standouts imho:
- Beware of the Villainess!
- La Dolce Vita di Adelaide
- The Detective of Muiella (the romance in this is suuuuuuch a slow burn, though).

Some manga I've been into recently:
- Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - LN is on my readlist I'm just getting around to it
- Watashi no Shiawase no Kekkon - cute, novel is way ahead of manga as usual.
- Sousou no Frieren - not exactly historical, but I like it
- Ikoku Meiro no Croisee - still annoyed the author died before finishing this but hey
- Yuukoku no Moriarty

Apparently with Food wars on Hulu, they edited out the food reactions the series is known for.
I hate when they censor shows like that, especially if whatever they're editing out is the main reason people would watch the show to begin with. Why even bother airing it then? I've seen some shows where whole shots were covered in 'steam' or random darkness to the point where you couldn't even see the characters' faces. What's the point?

I hate when they censor shows like that, especially if whatever they're editing out is the main reason people would watch the show to begin with. Why even bother airing it then? I've seen some shows where whole shots were covered in 'steam' or random darkness to the point where you couldn't even see the characters' faces. What's the point?
Probably not all of them, but the first episode with the peanut butter squid reaction. I thought hulu was supposed to be the place for more mature Disney owned properties.

I've seen some shows where whole shots were covered in 'steam' or random darkness to the point where you couldn't even see the characters' faces. What's the point?
This is sometimes done when something airs on TV as a way of motivating people to buy the series on dvd.

I finished watching Interviews with Monster Girls and it was surprisingly good and tackled some deeper issues than I initially thought it would. The demi-humans' nature was treated more like a disability in the show and the girls had each developed their own ways to deal with the challenges and obstacles they faced on a daily basis. But through the course of the show, they became more comfortable with themselves.

The show was generally light-hearted but it did touch on these things, which I thought was nice.

Watched Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie - Mugen Train at the cinema today and it was such a ride!

I laughed. 😆 I cried. 😭 I was entertained from start to finish. Even my husband, who is not an anime fan and has never watched a single episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba, said he enjoyed the movie.

If you ever get the chance, especially if you are able to watch it at a movie theater, I highly recommend this one.

👍

Back