• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

This is sometimes done when something airs on TV as a way of motivating people to buy the series on dvd.
That's so lame. I always feel like I should support shows by watching them legally but then they pull this crap that makes me want to just watch it illegally.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to Black Clover now that new episodes are airing again. Just half of the final season of Sailor Moon to go and I'll be back into it.

Wow I haven't posted here in a bit! I remember promising myself that the only anime I would watch was naruto...
Well I haven't watched too many anime but here's what I'm at:

~I watched Violet Evergarden in 2 days and at first when I was on episode 8 I was like, "psht. i feel nothing and there's no way i'm going to cry' I bawled my eyes out every single episode after that. But it was really good and I don't regret watching it, soon I'll watch the special and the second half of the movie. Anyway the saddest part in my opinion was THE LETTERS TO THE DAUGHTER THAT VIOLET WROTE BEFORE THE MOM DIED, and when Violet was like, haha ik how you feel man... I'm going to cry thinking about it ahh

~I'm about to start the Promised Neverland because I've heard its good so I've seen like the first 5 minutes. I don't know why I keep on watching such sad things but I guess it's cause I am sad as well :|

~I watched an episode or two of Sailor moon with my best friend and I didn't really like it too much. It kind of felt like it was just filler and not a great plot but I'll watch it if I'm bored and stuff

~I might start My Hero Academia. I've heard it's really good and Froppy is literally so cute and my best friend said I should watch it because I like Naruto so much.

~With the same best friend (She's really into anime), I watched the last two episodes of the new Fruits Basket and I'm not planning on watching it because ew cousin incest and why are they so dramatic... like seriously why was that librarian lady crying so loudly in front of the man she was in love with or whatever... (weird show...)

~Still watching Naruto, I'm in the middle of season six and my opinions have changed on favorite characters. Right now Temari's my favorite because she fricking showed Shikamaru up (poor child when he was crying after 'failing' his mission even though they KILLED the SOUND NINJA FIVE). I also love Hinata and when Naruto saw her in the waterfall... I was literally like :O Anyway I also am simping for Kiba because dang that man is seriously a boss and without his hood he is very, very, hot.

So yeah that's basically all I have to say!

I started Haikyuu and I think I'm going to wait on it because I'm kind of getting into My Hero Academia and I don't want to overwhelm myself. Anyway I'm on like episode 7 or 8 of My Hero Academia and I thought I wasn't going to like it but I'm actually kind of vibing. I also really didn't like All Might until I started watching this and so now I think he's pretty great. I also made a (short) list of anime I want to watch, any reccomendations?

List of Anime to watch/finish:
~Naruto
~Naruto Shippuden
~The Promised Neverland
~My Hero Academia
~Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
~Ouran Host Club
~Your Lie in April
~Pokemon
~The Animal Crossing Movie (may have to watch that illegally...)
~Toradora
~Kakegurui
~Haikyuu
~K-On
~Little Witch Academia
~My Neighbor Totoro

Watched a lot of Naruto this long weekend with my S/O. We're on season 4 now. XD

Contemplating starting season 4 of Attack on Titan but am tempted to wait for all the episodes to be released to binge it. Not sure if I am mentally ready for it though...

Just finished episode 5 of Jujutsu Kaisen and I'm so... ???

Anyways, I'm planning on catching up with Jujutsu Kaisen before I finish Demon Slayer / Kimetsu no Yaiba, as it's something I've been holding off and... Jujutsu Kaisen just looks so good I can't just miss out >w> Even though the anime isn't done airing completely (on Crunchyroll, idk about anywhere else), I'd like to catch up on all 13 episodes before anymore come out xD Not sure if that makes any sense, but I like the idea of being all caught up on something.

Then I think afterwards I'll finish Demon Slayer! Episode 18/26 ^^

Decided to watch Charlotte, really great. The middle is perfect, not sure how to feel about the rest. I think I would have enjoyed it much more if the same story got 26 episodes.

I have so much anime i got to catch up and watch... but the one series that I did finish recently was Fugou Keiji Balance Unlimited ❤️ To the point I bought magazines that have posters and also bought the frame from aniplex japan~

I'm manifesting its release as we speak
I'm literally so excited and i maybe read a couple of manga spoilers just to make sure everything turns out okay lmao
also i started toradora and im halfway through seriously though it's such a cute show! i'm dazzled

Today I watched the finale of Noblesse. It was an interesting anime but I felt like there was a lot of story left out that I was just supposed to know, maybe from a manga or something. So without the backstory, it lacked depth. It certainly looked cool, though, and there were a ton of gorgeous character designs to look at.

Today I watched the finale of Noblesse. It was an interesting anime but I felt like there was a lot of story left out that I was just supposed to know, maybe from a manga or something. So without the backstory, it lacked depth. It certainly looked cool, though, and there were a ton of gorgeous character designs to look at.
Ah did it end recently? I gotta watch it soon then. If you haven't heard, there was an ova prior to the series being released that had some backstory. But yea it's to be expected since the anime is based off the LINE Webtoon, so it's pretty much to promote it and/or its for fans who've already read the webtoon and wanted to see it animated lol.

Ah did it end recently? I gotta watch it soon then. If you haven't heard, there was an ova prior to the series being released that had some backstory. But yea it's to be expected since the anime is based off the LINE Webtoon, so it's pretty much to promote it and/or its for fans who've already read the webtoon and wanted to see it animated lol.
Yeah, the finale became available on Crunchyroll today.

And that makes sense. I didn't know about the OVA, which probably would have helped. That explains why the characters in the first episode were referencing things that I had no clue about. I noticed the webtoon logo during the credits but didn't think much of it. I'm sure the story is a lot more fleshed out and better there.

Yooo, I've been dying to watch the Demon Slayer movie, when is that getting released in the US? 😫 😫
I'm also rewatching Death Note since my boyfriend has never seen it.
I finished Dorohedoro recently, and I didn't love it, it wasn't really for me.
Besides that, I haven't really been watching any good anime shows, nothing has been grabbing my attention lately.

Back