• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I’ve been watching Nana for the past couple of days! I’ve always wanted to watch it but never got to it till now. I loveee the nanas’ friendship, and they show is really entertaining & binge worthy even though it doesn’t seem like it at first glance 🤣

Tried watching Food Wars. Great concept, too bad it was ruined by constant pedophilia with fanservice of the middle school age female characters. The tentacle gag was really gross.

I watched two episodes and don't reccomend it.

Recently started watching Majo no Tabitabi because I thought it'd be a nice, relaxing, calm show about a witch travelling around solving mild problems. Mild it is not haha, it's such a dark show. 😂 But I'm really liking it anyway.

i watched golden boy about a month ago, man what a stupidly funny anime it is. if you're going to watch it you have to go with the dub, the guy voicing the mc gives it his all lmfao
i hate dubs too so this really is a one of a kind show, i'm glad i got around to watching it

I recently watched My Next Life as a Villainess, was really surprised at how cute and funny it was. I'm also watching YashaHime Princess Half Demon.

Today I re-watched the last two episodes of Re:Zero Season 2 in preparation for Part 2 that will begin airing soon. When I originally watched them, VRV was acting up terribly so the episodes were really glitchy and it affected my ability to follow them and connect emotionally. I'm glad I re-watched them and now I'm even more excited for the next episodes to air.

Just finished Great Pretender and really liked it (up to the last episode but I guess I give that a pass because it was always marketed as more of a comedy than a series thriller). Just a fun, light-hearted show that doesn't require a lot of paying attention to get through it. Watched it for a good time and definitely felt entertained.

Today I'm going to catch up on Jujutsu Kaisen! Currently on episode 10. I'm such a slow anime watcher, mainly because once I start watching, that's all I'm going to want to do with my time.. so I restrain myself, but at the same time... getting the motivation to watch is so hard- then I start watching and then I don't want to stop... >w>

After I catch up, I'm going to look into Rent a Girlfriend. A close friend of mine loves that anime (Mami is his favorite, for some reason? From what I've heard she's such a mean character... ;w; )

Anyways! I have plans to watch/finish watching these before February comes around.

- catch up on Jujutsu Kaisen (up to whatever episode is released by the end of January)
- watch Rent-a-Girlfriend
- watch The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
- finish Demon Slayer / Kimetsu no Yaiba
- finish the Food Wars / Shokugeki no Souma manga!!
- watch Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (or watch with a close friend who I really really want to watch it with ;w; )​

Yooo, I've been dying to watch the Demon Slayer movie, when is that getting released in the US? 😫 😫
I'm also rewatching Death Note since my boyfriend has never seen it.
I finished Dorohedoro recently, and I didn't love it, it wasn't really for me.
Besides that, I haven't really been watching any good anime shows, nothing has been grabbing my attention lately.
I found an old Disgaea anime.

i finished rozen maiden today! (just the first season of the old show) i couldn't really get into it :[ the plot felt kinda nothing and i didn't care at all for the main character, jun. HOWEVER.... the dolls were AMAZING and suiseiseki and hina feel like 9/10 characters trapped in a 5/10 show they are so goofy and lovable. i kinda wanna try looking into the manga in the future cuz i'm wondering if it's any better?
vgV8Dgz.gif

^some of the many amazing suiseiseki faces

started haruhi and i really like it

also why is jojo part three so looong 😭 i don't hate it but i'm ready for josuke

I had to catch up on a bunch of anime through December since I was dealing with a lot of other stuff as well. Just recently I managed to finish catching up with Jujutsu Kaisen, the final season of Attack on Titan, Fire Force season two, RWBY, and Black Clover. Since I finished catching up with everything else, I continued binging Naruto and just the other day finished season one. I’m really enjoying it so far and don’t know why I didn’t watch it sooner. Looking forward to continuing to watch anime this year. :)

i finally finished haikyuu and caught up with jujutsu kaisen and aot, i've been slacking and had a whole two week winter break to catch up but i never did and ended up binge watching everything a day before school aaaa the last 4 episodes of haikyuu were so hyped i was screaming, jujutsu kaisens most recent episode makes me both mad and sad, and aot hasnt given me the hype i asked for but the preview for the next ep looks promising :D ALSO the promised neverland season 2 is suppose to be out today so i need to get started on that too

Although not technically anime, I watched the Jujutsu Kaisen New Year's special today. It had two of the Japanese voice actors recapping the first 13 episodes and showed a brief clip of what's to come in episode 14. It was kind of fun.

Back